ADVERTISEMENT

Damn Cut Off Switches on Vehicles

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Hate those damn things. Pay all that money for a car and it stops and starts. Yes, it has a switch to turn it off but, damn it is aggravating and dangerous.

I just had to get on it making a left turn and the son of bitch cut off on me. Delayed me a second before it started back up.

Thanks libs..something else you screwed up.

When I want to get on the gas, I want to get on the gas.

Too many new high tech features on vehicles. If the car in front of me at a light starts off and I don’t follow quickly enough, my vehicle scolds me.
I appreciate the directions from Google Maps but, she won't shut up sometimes. Ruins my songs.

I had no clue these were a thing until I had a rental car recently. I thought it was stalling or something at the red lights. Scared me to death.

I had no clue these were a thing until I had a rental car recently. I thought it was stalling or something at the red lights. Scared me to death.
The feature has been around for years, but is still weird getting used to whenever I drive (rarely) a vehicle that comes with it.

I fvcking hate it. I will go out of my way to never buy another vehicle that does that.

my new silveraydo has it. that, plus it has the 4 cylinder cutoff when cruising. i didn't know it at the time when i purchased it back in early november, but GM is having issues with the 6.2L's as a direct result of those dumbass additions. was pulling the boat to the chesapeake 3 saturdays ago . . . middle of the night, truck lost power going up a hill, engine stalled, said to hit the start button at fifty couple mph, which i did, which shut everything off including headlights. i got it drifted to the side of the road in the dark. ended up having to have it towed to the dealership. blown motor, so i'm without a truck until they get it fixed. they told me two weeks which will be tomorrow, but i just checked its location and it still sets in the same place outside the dealership.

from what i've read, when GM installed the cut back to 4 cylinder option on the 6.2's, they had to go with a different cam and lifters and the lifter valleys on the block are oversized for the lifters which causes the cam lobes to wipe and in turn wipes the main bearings which in turn causes a person to break down along the road in the middle of the night while pulling their boat on the way crabbing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT