ADVERTISEMENT

Danny D’antoni

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Will he:
A. Coach until he retires on his own terms
B. Resign after this season
C. Fire his assistants (especially the guy that keeps bringing in Serbs)
D. Be given one more year per the new AD
E. Be fired immediately after our last game in the tournament

Reactions: Elkview
It would be in the absolute best interest of the university and the basketball program if it’s “B”

Will he:
A. Coach until he retires on his own terms
B. Resign after this season
C. Fire his assistants (especially the guy that keeps bringing in Serbs)
D. Be given one more year per the new AD
E. Be fired immediately after our last game in the tournament
D. ......under the condition he doesn't bring in more Serbs this year that can't outrun a fat man uphill, jump over a piece of notebook paper laying flat on the basketball court or throw the ball into the pool at the Henderson Center standing next to it!

Sadly, A is the answer.

If those in power had any interest in winning basketball, then he would have already been informed that he needed to “retire” after the year, and that would have leaked out. It hasn’t, so there you go. So token efforts are good enough. So why not D? Well simple, if they are willing to write off next year, then why not the next and the next and so on. DD will be here until he wants to go, and be replaced by either one of his assistants or some new token effort coach.

It will be A.

Hillbilly ball until HE decides to leave. The 304 boys.

If you refer to yourself as 'hillbilly ball', don't be surprised when you play like 'hillbilly ball'.

It is what it is. With this move to the SBC, where 90% of the teams only don the school uniforms because they have to do so, then it's possible (not guaranteed) a winning season record is a possibility. Winning record = more A. Year after year. A, A, A.

The 304 boys live to play on.

Reactions: horsrman
Interestingly enough, DD was initially against the move to SBC, as he felt CUSA basketball was above it...even Goddamn Sam has said this.
How would it look for a coach who was against a move he saw as a "downgrade" but has a winning season in said lower conference?

Why no "all of the above" option? That would be my pick. At least I'd have all my bases covered.

I'm with Mongo. Spears and Smith are action-oriented people who know that you have to have the right people in place to be successful. They will convince Dan to retire soon after the last game of this season.
Let all hope and pray that DD has enough common sense that his time as a head coach is gone and will let some new younger aggressive coach take over. Being a nice guy during the game does not win games.

He will be back for at least one more year, his pride will not let him step down after a losing season. Spears will give him another year under the pretense that he has not had time to evaluate the program, the real truth is he won't want to start his AD by firing the head coach whose family name coincides with Marshall basketball and led us to the only NCAA win.

After next year, "IF" attendance is down and another losing season then I suspect there will be backdoor talks about DD resigning.

WE will have to see how the team does in the tournament and then go from there. Marshall has fired a coach after a 20 win season so, we will see soon.......

I too think it's either A or D. At least the most likely. I do wonder how bad we'd have to show up against FIU for the plug to be pulled. Kind of like Snyder's collapse at UTEP. Where it's just clear a move HAS to be made.

I too think it's either A or D. At least the most likely. I do wonder how bad we'd have to show up against FIU for the plug to be pulled. Kind of like Snyder's collapse at UTEP. Where it's just clear a move HAS to be made.
These decisions aren't made due to one game. Snyder was gone well before the UTEP game. Dan isn't going to stay or go based off a meaningless result against a terrible FIU team.

He should go because the team is awful and there's zero plan to fix it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT