ADVERTISEMENT

D'antoni ball works!

With MTSU done, you guys have a golden opportunity.

Also guys, I'm on the thinnest of ice, and will probably be taking a vacation soon.

I won't lie - I thought it was the stupidest hire in NCAA history. Now I feel like this is just what we should do, from now on, forever, regardless of who our coach is: use local players, run this system, see how it goes.

The truth about college basketball is that if you want to compete in the traditional way, you've got to cheat, pay players, bring in entitled nutcases, etc. We had some success in the Jones/Herrion era, but I hated those teams. Those players were jerks who acted like they hated playing basketball, hated Huntington, and hated each other, and it got to be hard to watch, even if we were finally beating Memphis.

Mikes system didn't work for the Lakers.

No...it did not work with the Lakers===
due to injuries. He had a D-League team in LA....Get your facts right!

How's Mike system (NBA Coach of the Year==2017) working in HOUSTON? Some people just gotta hate....

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Reactions: horsrman
With Kobe and Gasol? A D-League team? Your a Moron! Tell us the story how you own the Carolina Panthers, and are a SID for some pee-wee league.
look it wasn't a D- league team for sure.That Laker team was loaded with older stars who really didn't fit with him(Howard).A beat up Nash and hurt Kobe didn't help. However, Mike has changed the way BB is now played in the NBA. He has a system they requires players buy into it. That is why he has been so successful in Phoenix and now Houston. If you recall his time in NY he took the worst team in the NBA and had it poised to go to the next level when the owners crashed it by trading away his team for Melo. We all know how that ended. Mike and Danny are both great coaches. We are fortunate to have both of them as part of the Marshall family!

With Kobe and Gasol? A D-League team? Your a Moron! Tell us the story how you own the Carolina Panthers, and are a SID for some pee-wee league.

No you are the moran johns1124
......Kobe was injured and played very little. Gasol played hurt...Nash never suited up because of injuries. You need to do your research before spouting off like a 5th grader. BTW===bite my arse.

Herdzilla22 (cuz-in-law)....I KNOW

Typical No. Carolina Dumbass! What you haven't made enough enemies here now your going to start your crap with me? Keep hiding pal.

He is a son of Marshall john
Shut the piehole before I shut it for you. Told him zilla. A thread giving coach a thumps up while john is being a jerk

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Guys - back to OP’s point:
Danny was the perfect hire @ the perfect time for our program! He has so much experience, at all 3 levels. He has the right personality, he is super competitive and his teams reflect that. He has assembled a capable staff from Cline all the way down to the managers & trainers, all are on the same page. Is there a bad apple? Hard to see it - these kids get it.
Dan also is making sure the program continues for the long haul with the kids he has coming in next year. Even though the focus is on the 2 bigs, I personally feel like the Cam Brooks kid from Zanesville could be the next “special” back court guy for the Herd.
Can’t wait for tonite!!!

LA fans couldn't accept that Kobe and Gasol were over the hill when Mike coached them. They were too decrepit to keep up with his style. Then you had the Big Mouth Magic adding fuel to the fire. The Lakers are the worst franchise it pro basketball -- it will take years for them to be competitive again.

LA fans couldn't accept that Kobe and Gasol were over the hill when Mike coached them. They were too decrepit to keep up with his style. Then you had the Big Mouth Magic adding fuel to the fire. The Lakers are the worst franchise it pro basketball -- it will take years for them to be competitive again.
It was a time when people actually didn’t think “small ball” worked. The Warriors ripping everyone a new asshole helped change that belief. The meat head former NBA players of the 90s hate that style of play and when you’ve got Magic Johnson ripping Dantoni every chance he got, then Charles Barkley agreeing with him, and then Phil Jackson is making fun of that style of play while his triangle looked like a shapeless blob up in MSG...people actually gave more credit to what those people thought. Even though it’s been a decade or much longer since they’ve had any success in basketball.

History is going to be kind to Mike. Generations from now, people will look at what he did at Phoenix and point to that time as what changed b-ball forever.

Reactions: ohio herd
Lakers is a worst Franchise than the Knicks??????

Atleast Laker fans expect Championships

Knicks fan just hope to win the game.

I said from day one......Dan was the right D'Antoni brother to lead The HERD.....

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

You truly are an extremely emotionally unstable person.

Starting from weeks before the hire all the way until even the night before the hire was announced, you were insisting that Dan was not the one who was being courted. You kept insisting it was Mike. You kept boasting about how you guys were fifth cousins and how Dan would just laugh and say "no" when you asked if he had interest in the job. You went as far as to claim how happy Dan was in LA, how he wasn't going to move all of the way across the country when his daughter still had another 1.5 years of high school in Manhattan Beach, etc.

You were even getting pissed when people said, if anything, it would be Dan instead of Mike. Now, you're claiming you said "from day one . . . Dan was the right brother to lead the Herd."

You need to visit the psych ward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT