ADVERTISEMENT

Day 2 Recap

Herd Fever

Platinum Buffalo
Sep 25, 2008
Just want to recap my Observations from the WVU, rank the 8 teams that played in San Diego, My recap of the season, and what I think we need to do to get back to the tourny next years.

1st.

No matter the score from last night, this team should be congratulated on their season. I didn't expect them to win more that 14 games with this roster. The won 25, won the conference, and won a game in the tournament. Expecting anymore from this team would just be selfish.

2nd.

The obvious observations, WVU was bigger, faster, stronger, more basketball skilled, and more composed. When we jumped out to the early lead, we got too happy and WVU locked in. When it became tied at 20, we began to fall apart and lost the composure we played with to start the game. I felt once WVU started to push us around and got physical, we got scared and it showed with how we played the rest of the game. We just played scared. Sure the refs didnt help much the last 10 mins of the 1st half but the damage was already done.

3rd

Going into the offseason we really need to get stronger and quicker in the weight room. Wichita State and WVU pushed us around and across the board. Cook, Bennett, and Brooks will provide the Front Court Goondicks that we need to compete with teams like WVU. Cook and Bennett better have some fire this off-season, show up in shape and ready to go. I really hope we are able to land Ezzadine, Bledsoe develops and Thinenman and DK find new teams. Ezzadine and Brooks will provide us the athletic big men that we need desperately. Losing Williams really hurt us. Penava while skilled, is really slow and weak. I really felt he just moved with cement shoes up and down the court

4th

This became obvious against WVU, Elmore needs to come back for his senior year. Sure Elmore is a good player but bigger, quicker, and physical back-courts wear him down. Carter, Miles, and Bolden really wore him down all game.

5th

Here is where I would rank the 8 teams that played this weekend after watching all 6 games.

1. West Virginia
2. Clemson
3. Marshall
4. Wichita State
5. Auburn
6. College of Charleston
7. New Mexico State
8. Murray State

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT