ADVERTISEMENT

DD Said “Big Recruit”

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
in his radio post-game remarks DD said that a “big” recruit would be visiting for the FAU game Saturday. Anyone know (Meister) as BIG in height or what?

6'9", 215 lbs. Is not big. He needs about 20/25 more lbs. We have enough tall thin guys.

6'9", 215 lbs. Is not big. He needs about 20/25 more lbs. We have enough tall thin guys.
dont you think he could gain a few pounds once he gets on campus and in the weight room

I posted this on Old Fairfield on this topic.

That is the size of PFs in today's basketball.

Villanova has 7 guys on their roster 6'7 or above. Here are their sizes:
6'7 205
6'8 255
6'9 210
6'8 220
6'9 226
6'7 220
6'8 224

The 6'8 255 is Villanova's 5, Eric Paschal. Nobody else is above 230.

Gonzaga is #1 in the country, and they have nobody above 230 on their roster.

His picture makes him look like he is under 200.
Photo could be a year or two old. Photo could be from a bad angle.

Here’s another:
8448637.JPG

He’s close to his listed weight (Jannson’s size) there.

I walked in the Cam yesterday at the same time he and his family did. In fact, I opened the door for them.
I would say 6-9 and 215 or so would be about right. We were looking at him closely after he took his jacket and sweatshirt off during practice.

Well let’s not rush to judgement too quickly. The only thing I see is no “major” program expressed interest.

He's 6'9" with a 6" neck.............(yes neck, not something else you dirty minded folks may think)

Well let’s not rush to judgement too quickly. The only thing I see is no “major” program expressed interest.
Weber isn't particularly high profile but he plays in an excellent high school league, has some decent mid-major offers and has the type of game that fits Dan's system perfectly. I 100% believe he'd be a big get for us.

Wow, tells me DD is not excited about some of his other bigs. Interesting development if you ask me considering the other two kids in this class are power forwards and this kid is a power forward/center like Williams.
I wouldn’t read too much in to the positions the 2019 recruits are listed under in their profiles.

Rucker is more of a 3/4 and Seranac is a 2/3.

Wow, tells me DD is not excited about some of his other bigs. Interesting development if you ask me considering the other two kids in this class are power forwards and this kid is a power forward/center like Williams.

Has anyone seen any recent footage of Rucker? I can’t find anything where he’s showing any athleticism, including adequate footwork. In the videos I’ve been able to find, he doesn’t have much lift as he finishes around the basket. Savviness can only get you so far when you’re 6’6 without much bounce and/ or above average quickness. Can anyone find any video that gives some hope that he could become at least a poor man’s Ryan Taylor?

It’s where the game has been heading the last 5 seasons. Bigs that can run and knock down 3’s. Jay Bilas was talking about it during the UNC vs Duke game yesterday. I would imagine this trend puts a big smile on DD’s face - he was right!! This in no way a casting shade on IB. He can be a game changer! But generally, there has been a shift.....

Last edited:
Has anyone seen any recent footage of Rucker? I can’t find anything where he’s showing any athleticism, including adequate footwork. In the videos I’ve been able to find, he doesn’t have much lift as he finishes around the basket. Savviness can only get you so far when you’re 6’6 without much bounce and/ or above average quickness. Can anyone find any video that gives some hope that he could become at least a poor man’s Ryan Taylor?
I can't show you video but I saw him play the night after we played at ODU. I absolutely loved the kid and the way he plays.
He had another great year as the conference POY for the 2nd time.

I can't show you video but I saw him play the night after we played at ODU. I absolutely loved the kid and the way he plays.

Good to hear — I wondered if anyone had seen him play live this past season. How has he evolved since last season? With whom would you compare him?

His HS conference is one of the best in the country. The WCAC routinely puts out D1 players and professional athletes.
My HS is in it and we rival O'Connell but anyone from the WCAC is going to be smart and coachable. Solid get if he comes.

As long as someone, ANYONE, can give us more consistent production on the boards next year. Perhaps between the newcomers, the red shirts, or players on the current active squad, we will find enough players who will man up and battle for rebounds, both offensively and on defense. I believe that stats near the end of the regular season indicated that we were next to last, of over 300 D1 teams, in rebounding margin this season!!!

Good to hear — I wondered if anyone had seen him play live this past season. How has he evolved since last season? With whom would you compare him?
Compare him to a bigger Ryan Taylor with a much bigger motor. As we all know, there were times that RT took plays off. From what I saw and have heard from others, Dajour is non stop.

Reactions: Sean Hammond
Compare him to a bigger Ryan Taylor with a much bigger motor. As we all know, there were times that RT took plays off. From what I saw and have heard from others, Dajour is non stop.
That's kind of what I've seen from him. I'll take that all day long.

How is his ball handling?

Found this from Nov of 2018. I don’t see where he’s any different from the year before.

I know I loved watching him the night I saw him play in January.
He does seem to have a very high basketball IQ and spacial awareness. Listened to some of his interviews and he comes across very down to earth, yet on the court he’s not afraid to mix it up and doesn’t play passively.

FYI: the Landstown kid, Michael Christmas (#23 in the video I had uploaded on this thread), is a James Madison recruit and played his junior year at Huntington Prep.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT