ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats are going to bust the railroad union .

You cry about inflation but you critisize measures to help curb it.
I'm not criticizing the government. I couldn't care less about unions. I'm pointing out your hypocrisy in praising them and the good they do, but then turning around and supporting the government kicking them in the balls. It's hilarious and sums most leftists in a nutshell.

I'm not criticizing the government. I couldn't care less about unions. I'm pointing out your hypocrisy in praising them and the good they do, but then turning around and supporting the government kicking them in the balls. It's hilarious and sums most leftists in a nutshell.
Oldie is a fascist at heart. He prefers the govt rule over all else.

These are different times and we cannot afford a strike at this time ..I am not agains unions but this is just not the time for a strike. It would cause much inflation which we dont need ..a better time will have to come for those sick days to be had.

These are different times and we cannot afford a strike at this time ..I am not agains unions but this is just not the time for a strike. It would cause much inflation which we dont need ..a better time will have to come for those sick days to be had.
When is a good time for a strike.

Either you are with the union or you are not?????

Reactions: Sistersviille
So the workers should sacrifice their benefits for the "greater" good of the collective?

It's part of what you accept with a railroad job, the government can step in. Dad explained that to me a long time ago. Used to be the trade-off was good money and benefits, but now the rail roads have cut back on staff to the point it's not a good working situation and those things become less important. I believe this sick day issue is just the symptom of that frustration.

I find this thread hilarious, you people would scream to high heaven if the Dems really were progressive and backed the union. The Dems have a progressive wing, for sure, but the majority are just servants of the oligarchy and corporate America, same as the other party.

When is a good time for a strike.

Either you are with the union or you are not?????
Have you heard the latest news ? The house passed the bill to end the strike and are giving the union workers 7 days sick leave which was the biggest contention for the union workers . So it would appear all is good with no strike and the workers getting what they wanted. Good work done by mostly democrats. Going to the senate now for vote. cannot see it not passing there. So union workers get their sick leave and railroad stocks dont appear to be tanking.

• Haha
Reactions: raleighherdfan
Have you heard the latest news ? The house passed the bill to end the strike and are giving the union workers 7 days sick leave which was the biggest contention for the union workers . So it would appear all is good with no strike and the workers getting what they wanted. Good work done by mostly democrats. Going to the senate now for vote. cannot see it not passing there. So union workers get their sick leave and railroad stocks dont appear to be tanking.
tinker-bell-fairy-dust.gif

I too believe in fairy dust.

Ok, sure.

They are getting the sick days they wanted so no they are not being railroaded
Wait...they are getting the agreement they had back in September. Yet they were going on strike over thst agreement. So how did they get what they wanted?

Shouldn't America sacrifice for union vacation and sick days?
most good companies offer vacation and sick days to their employees. What is the sacrifice ?
Wait...they are getting the agreement they had back in September. Yet they were going on strike over thst agreement. So how did they get what they wanted?
They are getting the sick days added by Congress...7 to be exact.

most good companies offer vacation and sick days to their employees. What is the sacrifice ?

They are getting the sick days added by Congress...7 to be exact.
The house voted to approve the agreement from September. They then voted for another resolution giving them 7 sick days. The senate has yet to vote on either. The sick days has slim to no chance of passing.

The house voted to approve the agreement from September. They then voted for another resolution giving them 7 sick days. The senate has yet to vote on either. The sick days has slim to no chance of passing.
Shhhhhh.

Oldie “reads the news”! Bahahahaha

7 sick days? I haven't taken a sick day since 1992, when my gall bladder went out. I've taken a few golf days per year over that time, but damn. 7 days? If you can't handle your booze, don't drink the night before work.

Have any of you here been a part of running a train? I almost was back in '77, but opted out when I was told to enter the game as the 6th string engineer.

• Haha
Reactions: KyMUfan
7 sick days? I haven't taken a sick day since 1992, when my gall bladder went out. I've taken a few golf days per year over that time, but damn. 7 days? If you can't handle your booze, don't drink the night before work.

Have any of you here been a part of running a train? I almost was back in '77, but opted out when I was told to enter the game as the 6th string engineer.
I think their arugment was they didn't want it called PTO or given a lump sum of hours.

Weird stuff.

We shall wait and see as I am sure all of the democrats will vote for it because Manchin does not want to see a rail strike ..he has to keep his coal moving and probably some republicans will vote for it as did 3 in the house..I believe it will pass with the sick days..we shall see.

I thought the same, but it looks like they could be penalized for taking a sick day because it was not pre-approved.
Bingo. Vacation is pre-approved. When Dad worked for the railroad, you signed up for your vacation time at the beginning of the year. First pick of dates was based on seniority. I would be surprised if this is still not how it is done.

If they get the 7 sick days no strike at all. It is getting close to Christmas now a bad time to strike.
The way I understand it is not the paid days or something to that effect that they wanted

I have heard several republicans, including Rubio and another Congressman from Fl, say they didn't feel it was Congresses place to step in between the company and their labor(employees). Interesting take.

I think this can still turn into a shit show after Chrismas into Jan/Feb

The way I understand it is not the paid days or something to that effect that they wanted

I have heard several republicans, including Rubio and another Congressman from Fl, say they didn't feel it was Congresses place to step in between the company and their labor(employees). Interesting take.

I think this can still turn into a shit show after Chrismas into Jan/Feb
Why is that an interesting take? It’s absolutely the right take

Why is that an interesting take? It’s absolutely the right take
The pro business republicans will always say that but the democrats have the margin in the senate now..why not just give them the sick days and move on because the rail companies are making tons of money and why hurt the economy in a time like this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT