ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats Go After Journalists in Latest Congressional Show Trial

SamSwimmer

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 16, 2015
I don't know if anybody actually watched Matt Taibbi & Michael Shellenberger give their testimony to the House Congressional subcommittee, but it just reaffirms my belief our representatives are just shills. And this isn't an "only one side does it" post. I can't stand these tactics when either side does it - the whole, "I'm going to read a long question & demand you only answer with a yes or no answer" but holy shit, the democrats really made asses out of themselves. If you're going to watch it, watch the entire thing, not just snippets. Especially the questions from Delegate Stacey Plaskett, literally clueless Congresswoman Sylvia Garcia, & disgraced Congresswoman Debbie Schultz.

Taibbi is an award winning journalist (& a liberal), despite Plaskett's insane comments. Shellenberger ran as a democrat in California's governor race. Everyone knows the left loves censorship but to watch them go after journalists like this is eye opening.

I don't know if anybody actually watched Matt Taibbi & Michael Shellenberger give their testimony to the House Congressional subcommittee, but it just reaffirms my belief our representatives are just shills. And this isn't an "only one side does it" post. I can't stand these tactics when either side does it - the whole, "I'm going to read a long question & demand you only answer with a yes or no answer" but holy shit, the democrats really made asses out of themselves. If you're going to watch it, watch the entire thing, not just snippets. Especially the questions from Delegate Stacey Plaskett, literally clueless Congresswoman Sylvia Garcia, & disgraced Congresswoman Debbie Schultz.

Taibbi is an award winning journalist (& a liberal), despite Plaskett's insane comments. Shellenberger ran as a democrat in California's governor race. Everyone knows the left loves censorship but to watch them go after journalists like this is eye opening.

Oh I watched quite a bit. It was that one Dem Congressman that acted like such a pompous douchebag. He kept making snarky little comments about how they won't want to deal with him and all this nonsense.

I will say the yes or no thing is from having so many witnesses give an answer that never answers the question. They talk and use up the time for questioning to as a defense tactic. I can understand both sides on this one.

Reactions: SamSwimmer

These things are always terrible. If I were Taibbi, I would have told them to fvck off if they didn't actually want to listen to my answers and that I wasn't going to participate in their soundbite program for future campaign ads, gave them two middle fingers, and walked out.

Reactions: SamSwimmer
Congresswoman Garcia seems to be even less technically savvy than Biden. Which, given the subcommittee, is mind blowing.

Reactions: mlblack16.
These things are always terrible. If I were Taibbi, I would have told them to fvck off if they didn't actually want to listen to my answers and that I wasn't going to participate in their soundbite program for future campaign ads, gave them two middle fingers, and walked out.
stone cold GIF

Disgraced Congressman Debbie Schultz lecturing anyone about ethics is total hypocrisy. Especially to the two witnesses who are democrats (who are being made out to be MAGA mouth pieces.)

Everyone knows the left loves censorship but to watch them go after journalists like this is eye opening.
Yeah! What he said! Let's forget about Trump banning journalists from the White House, Trump infringing on right to peacefully assemble, Trump wanting to do away with the Constitution, and the Republicans who are scared wanting to ban people dressing up like what Republicans feel only the other sex should wear! It's the left who "loves censorship!"

Yeah! What he said! Let's forget about Trump banning journalists from the White House, Trump infringing on right to peacefully assemble, Trump wanting to do away with the Constitution, and the Republicans who are scared wanting to ban people dressing up like what Republicans feel only the other sex should wear! It's the left who "loves censorship!"
Oh, I haven't forgotten. In fact, I was hoping someone would bring it up. Because it was the left saying Trump targeting media figures was putting them in danger. Weird how now it's no big deal. Thanks for playing.

What I honestly find troubling is the lack of other journalists not sticking up for Taibbi. I don't particularly agree with a lot of journalists, but that doesn't mean they're not "real" journalists.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT