ADVERTISEMENT

Devin Singletary

Idk - I don't think Kiffin 2.0 is all that. 1st. they lost an future NFL QB to graduation, they're 3-3 and already have a conference loss. They didn't play last week, so they have had a good bit of time to chew on it. They are in our house (admittedly, not so bad ass so far this season), should be a decent crowd for Homecoming and we are coming off a solid win. I like our momentum. I also think our Defense this year is better than 2017's was. We didn't lose in FLA last season because of the defense, even though Singletary went off for like a buck sixty. He is more of a known quantity, and I just don't think they're as talented. We have a great chance to go into our bye week with 2 wins in a row..

Last edited:
You’re either mistaken or grossly exaggerating. Their quarterback was a game manager that quit football with a year of eligibility remaining to be an engineer...
That is exactly who I meant! Sorry - got my initials mixed up. So, what is the story on FAU's QB this season??

That is exactly who I meant! Sorry - got my initials mixed up. So, what is the story on FAU's QB this season??
Big time recruit out of HS who signed with Oklahoma but got booted from their program.

He's just a freshman and will likely be pretty damn good by the time he leaves FAU. Right now he's very inconsistent.

Big time recruit out of HS who signed with Oklahoma but got booted from their program.

He's just a freshman and will likely be pretty damn good by the time he leaves FAU. Right now he's very inconsistent.

Chris Jackson if you are reading this, don’t let the QB have a breakout performance. Get your head around and make plays on the ball don’t just use the eyes of he WR to judge when to make a play. SHUT DOWN your side of the field!

Chris Jackson if you are reading this, don’t let the QB have a breakout performance. Get your head around and make plays on the ball don’t just use the eyes of he WR to judge when to make a play. SHUT DOWN your side of the field!

Well, that's not likely going to happen.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Personally, I think Singletary is starting to show signs of overuse. Kiffen rides him almost as hard as O'Leary road Kevin Smith at UCF back in the day. Last year he led FBS in number of carries and he's 6th so far this year and that's with 4 of the guys ahead of him having played one more game, so basically he's second in carries per game.

His yards per carry have fallen way off this year, 6.38 last year, 4.79 this year. Still good, but a fair drop. He was 6.72 his freshman year, so might be losing a step.

Off subject, but if you want to see some good young running backs, check out a Buffalo game. They have two freshman backs who are both very good. One has game changing speed and was only offered by Charlotte and Hampton even though he is from Norfolk. The other didn't have any other offers and is from Maryland. His twin brother, who also went to Buffalo as a linebacker, had offers from a bunch of MAC schools and UCF, so the running back was probably part of a package deal.

Off subject, but if you want to see some good young running backs, check out a Buffalo game. They have two freshman backs who are both very good. One has game changing speed and was only offered by Charlotte and Hampton even though he is from Norfolk. The other didn't have any other offers and is from Maryland. His twin brother, who also went to Buffalo as a linebacker, had offers from a bunch of MAC schools and UCF, so the running back was probably part of a package deal.
That stuff happens. I coached the leading rusher in all of college football(as a youth), regardless of classification, and shared his HUDL with the Marshall coaching staff. Kid is a true freshman and has had 2 games over 300 yards this year...one was for 340. He also runs a 4.39 40. Jaleel McLaughlin of Notre Dame College in Ohio, check him out if you are near any Mountain East Conference school.

Reactions: 31Herd55
Personally, I think Singletary is starting to show signs of overuse. Kiffen rides him almost as hard as O'Leary road Kevin Smith at UCF back in the day. Last year he led FBS in number of carries and he's 6th so far this year and that's with 4 of the guys ahead of him having played one more game, so basically he's second in carries per game.

His yards per carry have fallen way off this year, 6.38 last year, 4.79 this year. Still good, but a fair drop. He was 6.72 his freshman year, so might be losing a step.

This reminds me a lot of what happened to Noel Devine at WVU. His freshman year he was amazing, but then Slaton graduated and he became the featured back, and Stewart was giving him 30-35 touches every game, every year, for three years. By the time he got the NFL, he was headed for the CFL.

That stuff happens. I coached the leading rusher in all of college football(as a youth), regardless of classification, and shared his HUDL with the Marshall coaching staff. Kid is a true freshman and has had 2 games over 300 yards this year...one was for 340. He also runs a 4.39 40. Jaleel McLaughlin of Notre Dame College in Ohio, check him out if you are near any Mountain East Conference school.
We definitely missed the boat on Jaleel...get him to transfer. Any kid that can lead the nation in rushing can
certainly play in C-USA.

We definitely missed the boat on Jaleel...get him to transfer. Any kid that can lead the nation in rushing can
certainly play in C-USA.
Well, we did land 3 RB recruits in the same class that were 3-star recruits, and we have another R-FR in Evans that is going to be a good one as well. We are fine at the position. The coaches received his film and decided not to offer. I believe he was just too small in comparison to the type of backs we are looking for in our system. McLaughlin was listed at 5-9/166 coming out of HS and the average size of the RBs we took in the class is 5-11/200. That is a big difference. Note that our current RBs on the roster have an average size of 5-11/202 when you exclude Anderson so he may just not fit the criteria of the type of RBs we want for our system. He obviously has talent and I wish him success, but I'm not sure he is a fit at MU.

Idk - I don't think Kiffin 2.0 is all that. 1st. they lost an future NFL QB to graduation, they're 3-3 and already have a conference loss. They didn't play last week, so they have had a good bit of time to chew on it. They are in our house (admittedly, not so bad ass so far this season), should be a decent crowd for Homecoming and we are coming off a solid win. I like our momentum. I also think our Defense this year is better than 2017's was. We didn't lose in FLA last season because of the defense, even though Singletary went off for like a buck sixty. He is more of a known quantity, and I just don't think they're as talented. We have a great chance to go into our bye week with 2 wins in a row..

We turned the ball over 5-6 times last year. Do that and you won’t beat Vinson’s D Team.

Back to Buffalo, they certainly appear to be the "class" of MAC football this season (Coming soon to a Tuesday night telecast near you!). Bulls also suppose to be pretty good in basketball this season.

Shouldn't be surprising since UB is the only FBS state school in NY, a state with 10 X the population of WV, if not more. Syracuse is a private school and Army, West Point is a federally run/supported military institution. Lot more D1 football, and BB too, talent in NY state than a lot of people might think.

Owl fan in peace. This is spot on Chris Robison (who RS with us last year)

He shown some signs of wow, but has also was a bit inconsistent as any RSFR would. Though I think opening at OU his former school and going to UCF was not a huge help.

The offense is the same as last year, but is taking time to adjust to a younger QB's is not getting to the tempo they want something Driskel who was a master at.

The D has been a bit disappointing but the teams we have played have factored into that.

Both teams will try and do the same thing shut down the run and force the QB to win the game.

Your guys have a better D at this point, but I think our QB has a higher potential of carrying a game if needed.

I think the fact you are at home is a huge advantage as Robison has played better in Boca.

You would have a better chance of getting info from the Fed. Govt. by asking them, "What are you guys doing in Area 51"?

Reactions: Bankerreturns
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT