ADVERTISEMENT

Devon Johnson

He won't last in NFL. He cleared waivers and is on IR. Just won't last

Are you being sarcastic or are you serious? I'm shocked he didn't get cut earlier. He practiced like two days and that was it. Unfortunately his injury was just to much. I'm sure he will land on his feet. I'd love to have him back on the sideline in Huntington as a ga or something

Sarcasm. The fact that he even got a shot in the NFL is a miracle considering his injury history.

I believe Raleigh may have the correct assessment of DJ. The injuries have hurt - not only himself but probably any football future. JMO

He will get a $450k paycheck this year from Charlotte. Not many kids his age will do that well 1 year removed from college for NOT working.

Sometimes I think that one of the most underrated qualities of good running backs is the innate ability to absorb impacts and fall "correctly." Starting at the position so late in his career, I always wondered if that was a skill Johnson hadn't developed enough to be durable at the position.

Reactions: Sean Hammond
Honestly, Landon was right, he broke his back last year and we didnt shut him down.

In camp he seemed to have been doing well. Would have liked to have seen him playing 100% healthy

I hope I'm wrong for him. But I just don't see an UFAs contract having anything guaranteed besides the modest (by NFL standards) signing bonus.

finding conflicting info on the web about it.

This site says some was guaranteed:

http://overthecap.com/player/devon-johnson/5009/

But a couple of others say the only guarantee was his 20k signing bonus.

Methinks you're right, 73.

finding conflicting info on the web about it.

This site says some was guaranteed:

http://overthecap.com/player/devon-johnson/5009/

But a couple of others say the only guarantee was his 20k signing bonus.

Methinks you're right, 73.

it's not guaranteed. he'll be paid roughly $26,470 each nfl season week he's still on the IR if he signed a non-split contract. if his contract is a split contract, he'll get between $22,687 and that $26,470 per week depending on the split number he agreed to with the panthers.

all that said, the panthers could decide to offer him an injury settlement tomorrow and release him and he wouldn't see anything more than his signing bonus and injury settlement payment.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
He practiced for two days. I wouldn't classify that as well
For some reason the Charlotte Observer had two or three articles on him. One included speculations would make the roster, definitely the practice squad. Must have been impressive performances to get that much attention.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT