ADVERTISEMENT

Devon Johnson

What? I am in shock. What happened? I just saw him posting on Twitter a few days ago.

Man, that's bad. Always seemed like a good dude. I hope it wasn't drugs, but I bet he was on a lot of stuff for his back.

I got a text about it a few hours ago. I don't even know how to feel. Hope the OD stuff isn't true. Way too young.

He will always be one of my all-time favorite players. From the moment he signed, to thr time hr leveled that WCU player on a lead block, to his record setting 2014 season.

Man this sucks. I know Saturday is the Crash game, but there needs to be something for Devon. Not just a moment of silence, but something fitting of who he was.

Reactions: Elkview
I got a text about it a few hours ago. I don't even know how to feel. Hope the OD stuff isn't true. Way too young.

He will always be one of my all-time favorite players. From the moment he signed, to thr time hr leveled that WCU player on a lead block, to his record setting 2014 season.

Man this sucks. I know Saturday is the Crash game, but there needs to be something for Devon. Not just a moment of silence, but something fitting of who he was.

I’m sure they’ll do a moment of silence. Hard to believe they wouldn’t. Sad news.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Very sad to hear about the loss of one of the Marshall greats.. one of the most powerful runningbacks I’ve watched at Marshall.. his calm attitude but explosive head knocking running ability made him one of my favorite players to watch.. i pray for his family, and want to say thank you Devon for entertainment you provided to us die hard Marshall fans.. nothing but good memories !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Elkview
i am absolutely devastated!! He just wished me a happy birthday.My thoughts and prayers are going out to his family. He was a special guy. Always stopped to have photos with kids, thank fans for support, and to my knowledge never got into any trouble within team or community. A true ambassador for MU and the football program. What a shocker! RIP #47. I will miss you.

Heard that it wasn't an OD but a car accident with his brother.

If true, would be good for his memory to get that info out (the family not anyone else) versus the speculation. If not an OD, his memory deserves it.....

If true, would be good for his memory to get that info out (the family not anyone else) versus the speculation. If not an OD, his memory deserves it.....

Absolutely... Not to say that an accident isnt the case, because I have no idea, but if it were a fatal car accident I have a feeling that some news outlets would be reporting that. Every newsroom I have ever been in (and I've been in my share) has a scanner and a link to the local accident reports. It's rare that a fatal accident would just slip on past, especially if the deceased was a semi-famous athlete.

When people die in automobile wrecks it's reported by the press as a matter of course, and the identity of the victim is only withheld as long as it takes the police to notify next of kin.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
what i saw written in one of the articles on face book was this quote which for the life of me i don't understand " he died abruptly of an undisclosed ailment" at Bluefield Hospital in Bluefield WV.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT