Cuomo's office released more than 9,000 COVID-19 patients back to nursing homes early in the pandemic, AP finds
- Over 9,000 COVID-19 patients were released to nursing homes in New York state early in the pandemic.
- Gov. Cuomo's office underreported the deaths in nursing homes, the Associated Press reported.
- A top aide to Cuomo admitted to hiding nursing home data, The New York Postreported.
- The new figures come as the Cuomo administration has been forced in recent weeks to acknowledge it has been underreporting the overall number of COVID-19 deaths among long-term care residents. It is now nearly 15,000 up from the 8,500 previously disclosed.
- governor’s office admitting during a video conference call to Democratic NY lawmakers that they deliberately withheld data on nursing homes patient deaths in order to head off a potential federal investigation by Trump’s DOJ.