ADVERTISEMENT

Doc’s Superior Recruiting:

Chase most certainly did not get worse. His sophomore season ruined him in the eyes of most fans, rightfully so, but his last season here he was much better in terms of decision making and leadership (with a grain of salt). Honestly, I think the biggest issue with Chase was that his skill set didn't mesh well with what Legg wanted to do.

He was statistically worse in his junior year than his sophomore year. His TD/INT ratio was worse, his completion percentage was worse, his yards per attempt were worse. Plus he totally blew it toward the end of the season, so really his worst timeframe was the second half of his last year here.

He was statistically worse in his junior year than his sophomore year. His TD/INT ratio was worse, his completion percentage was worse, his yards per attempt were worse. Plus he totally blew it toward the end of the season, so really his worst timeframe was the second half of his last year here.

The results may not have reflected it, but I’m serious in saying that he graded out much better during his junior season than any other season....by far.

The results may not have reflected it, but I’m serious in saying that he graded out much better during his junior season than any other season....by far.

Chase had/has the skill to be a very good QB. The issue is that he didnt want to put in the time, effort and the buy in it takes to be a good QB. He enjoyed his life, wanted to be him and that was it. He was not a leader (not saying he had to be but usually the QB is) and his desire to become better was not at the level needed at Marshall at the time. You either have something inside you as an athlete that makes you great even with deficiencies or you work to overcome them. Chase did neither however he is always a Son of Marshall.

Reactions: The Real SamC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT