ADVERTISEMENT

Doc Interview

I think there's a lot that's not being reported and there's a lot that Doc isn't saying. It's very rare I think for a President, and only the President to step in and say we're not offering an extension. You're being let go. Something happened. Whether its the reported fight or some break down between Doc and Gilbert. I'll be the first to tell you I didn't like the hiring of Doc. But he shut me up real quick. I think he did a helluva job here but he just couldn't get over that hump. This team should be competing for a conference championship EVERY year. That is a realistic expectation. We've always had the talent to compete. Just need a quality coach to get this team back together, settle whatever is going on in that locker room, and get this community fired up. That's my two cents anyway.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
I think there's a lot that's not being reported and there's a lot that Doc isn't saying. It's very rare I think for a President, and only the President to step in and say we're not offering an extension. You're being let go. Something happened. Whether its the reported fight or some break down between Doc and Gilbert. I'll be the first to tell you I didn't like the hiring of Doc. But he shut me up real quick. I think he did a helluva job here but he just couldn't get over that hump. This team should be competing for a conference championship EVERY year. That is a realistic expectation. We've always had the talent to compete. Just need a quality coach to get this team back together, settle whatever is going on in that locker room, and get this community fired up. That's my two cents anyway.
I find it odd that an 11 year coach didn't deserve a sit down with the president and AD to explain it. IF that is how it was handled I think that's pretty bush league and Doc deserved better.

Last edited:
Reactions: herdtown
I find it odd that an 11 year coach did deserve a sit down with the president and AD to explain it. IF that is how it was handled I think that's pretty bush league and Doc deserved better.

I totally agree. Like I said, something happened. Very odd with how all this has been handled. I can't see Gilbert himself just deciding to pull the plug on a coach because he's not winning games or not winning enough. That would have come from the AD going to the President and maybe the board for that change. Something must have happened for Gilbert to step up and make that change knowing Hamrick wasn't going to make that call because of his relationship with Doc.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
ADVERTISEMENT