ADVERTISEMENT

Doc is out

Now how long before Lambert is named head coach. I give it 2 weeks
200.gif

lets hope you're not right.

They may do a "coaching search" but when your starting quarterback reacts to the news of the head coach being let go with a message of "full support" for the top assistant, the deal appears to be signed, sealed and delivered.

Many thanks to Doc for his years of service. He took a mess of a program over following Snyder and brought it back to respectability. That said, it was time for a change.

This is the end of Marshall football as a relevant thing. The unrealistic super fans have driven off a fine coach. No one of merit would want to work here. Probably end up with LOSER Brad Lambert. Who else would want this job?

Loser Lambert will probably get, what, 2 years, before the superfans turn on him, probably gone in four or five years. Replaced by whatever. MU will be in I-AA, or not have football, within 10 years.

This is the end of Marshall football as a relevant thing. The unrealistic super fans have driven off a fine coach. No one of merit would want to work here. Probably end up with LOSER Brad Lambert. Who else would want this job?

Loser Lambert will probably get, what, 2 years, before the superfans turn on him, probably gone in four or five years. Replaced by whatever. MU will be in I-AA, or not have football, within 10 years.
We basically just ran Doc out of town the way wvu ran Bobby Bowden out of town. Now Doc will move on to a much bigger program that will pay him a ton of money.

Agreed, any coach worth his salt needs a solid 20-25 years to get settled in and build his program...the right way.

Now we may win zero championships in the next 11 years instead of 1. Oh no!!!

Opt out with Coach Stowers

You can say what you want about "coaching searches", blunt fact is that this is a job that no one in his right mind would want. Unrealistic and unappreciative rotten superfans who will turn on the next guy, almost certainly loser Lambert, within a few years.

On a lower level, MU' rotten superfan base has turned MU into Nebraska, or Texas or the like. And, unlike them, we lack the native and natural resources to survive. We won't have football here in 10 years.

Reactions: AmeriKenny
You can say what you want about "coaching searches", blunt fact is that this is a job that no one in his right mind would want. Unrealistic and unappreciative rotten superfans who will turn on the next guy, almost certainly loser Lambert, within a few years.

On a lower level, MU' rotten superfan base has turned MU into Nebraska, or Texas or the like. And, unlike them, we lack the native and natural resources to survive. We won't have football here in 10 years.
It’s been 11 years!!!!!! It’s not like he’s in year one or two..the problem is we have fans like you who are happy being mediocre!

Unrealistic and unappreciative rotten superfans

God forbid fans want more than one championship in eleven years in the shittiest conference in the country.

Can you imagine interviewing a candidate and saying, "It's cool bro, we do not expect you produce results"?

I have "no expectations" a new coach will work out......Isn't this exactly what you claimed made you a real fan??

God forbid fans want more than one championship in eleven years in the shittiest conference in the country.

Can you imagine interviewing a candidate and saying, "It's cool bro, we do not expect you produce results"?

Get us 8 wins and a random Wednesday bowl game against a MAC or Sun Belt school and you can have a decade worth of contract extensions.

if Lambert is the coach, does that mean Greg Adkins will be the O coordinator ?

They may do a "coaching search" but when your starting quarterback reacts to the news of the head coach being let go with a message of "full support" for the top assistant, the deal appears to be signed, sealed and delivered.

Many thanks to Doc for his years of service. He took a mess of a program over following Snyder and brought it back to respectability. That said, it was time for a change.
Excellent post....I might question the QBs endorsement meaning it's a "done deal". IMO, players, especially starting players, would be expected to lobby for an assistant coach. After all, a new HC, from outside the organization, is an unknown entity - it's not uncommon for an incoming coach to play the people he brings in.

However, there's zero doubt others here are closer to what's going down with the selection and what you say very well may be true. I simply don't know how much weight should be/will be given to player recommendations.

Reactions: mlblack16.
Excellent post....I might question the QBs endorsement meaning it's a "done deal". IMO, players, especially starting players, would be expected to lobby for an assistant coach. After all, a new HC, from outside the organization, is an unknown entity - it's not uncommon for an incoming coach to play the people he brings in.

However, there's zero doubt others here are closer to what's going down with the selection and what you say very well may be true. I simply don't know how much weight should be/will be given to player recommendations.

Exactly, I recall when Pruett left, a lot of players were rooting for Larry Kueck to get the job, but obviously that didn't happen.

My guess is he has been named interim head coach.

Since we are talking about successors, the list of applicants will be very short.

What we should want is a young, successful assistant from the P5 or a young, successful HC from I-AA or D2. Preferably with a good personality, and a proven recruiting resume.

But nobody like that will want this job. Unrealistic expectation mean they will look for a better gig.

Meaning we get one of two things.

Somebody with "issues". NCAA probation issues, player behavior issues, age, personality whatever.

A retread loser. Like Brad Lambert.

It is all we can expect.

ADVERTISEMENT