ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t look now, but

W-S HerdFan

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2002
Sarasota, FL
Ga Southern’s win over Ga St tonite threw open the narrow (very) path to the SBCE for the Herd. Win out & we gain the coveted championship appearance. Easier said than done. Let’s see if they can start another win streak to finish the schedule….

p.s. assumes JMU beats Ga St, giving them third loss…

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: The Real SamC
Ah yes
-@Coastal
-@App
-@South AL

-Home against (technically) #1 in the east
-Home Trap game Ark St

Seems easy enough

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
At this point, bowl eligibility seems to be the new goal. We caught a break this week with McCall likely out and one would think if we come into Ark State at 5-6 we would be motivated enough to win that one. It’s tough to see how we win the other 3. App State would be the most winnable.

At this point, bowl eligibility seems to be the new goal. We caught a break this week with McCall likely out and one would think if we come into Ark State at 5-6 we would be motivated enough to win that one. It’s tough to see how we win the other 3. App State would be the most winnable.
I hope our coaches and players still believe they can win the conference. Idgaf about a weed eater bowl.

That’s what we would be in if we won the conference or not
Agree. A bowl is a bowl. The exception being the dreaded Bahamas Bowl which has been mothballed , thankfully. Unless it's a bowl tied to the playoffs, they aren't garnering national attention. Play them and enjoy.

Reactions: RhinoD
That’s what we would be in if we won the conference or not
No crap Sherlock. You didn't comprehend what I was typing. I'm saying that I want a conference championship and I hope that is what everyone is focused on. Not a bowl game.

I think we win the next two... and beat Arkansas State on Senior Day.

Ga Southern, and South Alabama, who knows.

The whole idea of being excited to play for second place, and then claim it's an accomplishment, is foreign to me. JMU is the best team in the conference. They are being screwed by an archaic rule despite beating everyone that is put on the field with them.

I think we win the next two... and beat Arkansas State on Senior Day.

Ga Southern, and South Alabama, who knows.

The whole idea of being excited to play for second place, and then claim it's an accomplishment, is foreign to me. JMU is the best team in the conference. They are being screwed by an archaic rule despite beating everyone that is put on the field with them.
I'm with you on this, especially if JMU stays undefeated and ranked. Wouldn't be a good look. It is what it is and we for sure would show up to the SBC CG, but I'd be hard pressed to feel really good about it.

JMU is a good team but if UVA and Troy don't miss last minute easy FG's, they have 2 losses. If we had an offense with a pulse, I think we beat them as well.

JMU is a good team but if UVA and Troy don't miss last minute easy FG's, they have 2 losses. If we had an offense with a pulse, I think we beat them as well.
I despise JMU but I think over-simplifying those wins is unfair to them.

UVA did not miss a last minute FG (unless I'm overlooking something in the boxscore - and I also watched that game). Yes, UVA pretty much stinks but winning at a P5 should never be discounted.

Troy missed a 49 yarder with 2:15 left. They actually got the ball again after that missed FG and JMU stopped them again. Also - simply winning at Troy is an accomplishment in and of itself. That's a good team who will likely win 9+ games this year and still controls their destiny in the west.

I despise JMU but I think over-simplifying those wins is unfair to them.

UVA did not miss a last minute FG (unless I'm overlooking something in the boxscore - and I also watched that game). Yes, UVA pretty much stinks but winning at a P5 should never be discounted.

Troy missed a 49 yarder with 2:15 left. They actually got the ball again after that missed FG and JMU stopped them again. Also - simply winning at Troy is an accomplishment in and of itself. That's a good team who will likely win 9+ games this year and still controls their destiny in the west.
I guess my memory failed me, but, I still think they aren't as good as some hype them to be. jmo

I not sure we would have an offensive TD against them yet if the game were still going on.

They are an explosive WR away from being a complete team. They don’t have a great QB, but don’t need one with everything else they have. He’s good enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT