ADVERTISEMENT

Done deal Landon strikes again

As fans we are not owed anything. The media is not owed anything. The entitlement mentality kills me

Redsfan you are right on the money. I can't figure out why anyone thinks they are entitled to know the inner workings of the program.

In this day and age of social media, cel phones, automobiles, soled shoes, etc. it is unfathomable to me that the only source of information is being hand-fed by an SID or a coach's presser. Want to know what happened to a dismissed athlete? Find him and ask him. It's called "journalism."

Given that Shepherd had to wait for NCAA clearance on AJL and that he skipped FCS and dropped all the way down to D-II, I'm guessing it was grades. With Leggett we'll know when he resurfaces somewhere else. The missing props? Who cares - let's just assume they robbed a pizza guy.

I'm fine with their stance on injuries. It protects players against targeting. The one thing I will take issue with is Doc's bit about the doctors making the call on injured players. Bullsh't. Tron Martinez was out on the field for a whole season running on busted wheels, and as a result his football career ended with two years of eligibility still left. He transferred to Montana but the damage was too much even after surgery and he was done. If a doctor was the only one clearing him to play, he should lose his license.

Reactions: WV_Celt
Redsfan you are right on the money. I can't figure out why anyone thinks they are entitled to know the inner workings of the program.

Because these people are paid to do their job between a combination of tax payer money and through our financial support of the athletic program. The level of fan support for a coach plays a large role in whether or not said coach gets a raise, gets fired,etc.

We're spending a lot of time and money on getting these quality athletes here, and for some reason we're starting to have a hard time keeping some of our very BEST talent on campus.

It's no secret Holliday doesn't make his money with X's and O's, it's with recruiting. His job doesn't end when they arrive on campus. Holliday also has to turn these men into contributors.

I think it's more than fair to question the specifics of why we're losing our best players, so that I can make an assessment on whether or not Holliday is performing his job adequately, and if I want to continue my support as a fan for him as our coach.

This secretive mentality doesn't allow me to do that. And when the inevitable speculation starts, this "How DARE you!?!" Attitude by Holliday I find misplaced, and somewhat entitled in of itself.

The fate of the sports columnist - be a homer or else and never ever express a derogatory opinion or simply be wrong.

Marshall fans say if you won't go along or get along with the coaches and the athletic department, we will see that your employer knows about our discontent.

As for me - I think it is time for some H-D readers to get a life. If Landon is not your cup of tea, don't read what he writes.

Reactions: flairforherd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT