ADVERTISEMENT

Don't be upset

The only thing I care about IS a championship! That's what we play for....right? Doc has been here too long to only have 1 championship. Yes we get to go to a bowl and thats great but we are clearly not as good as some thought. Today we got exposed, our two loses are to teams that have a winning record and a pulse. Our wins are against cup cakes. Absitely pathetic performance today..

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
After how awful we were last season i am still okay with where we are... i dont think we are going to win a conference championship, but compared to the awful games that I, and many of us, sat through last year I cant be too upset.

Any time we lose and i get on here and read some of the comments im reminded of something Colin Cowherd said 10 years ago (and i cant stand Cowherd)... He said "Love your wife, love your kids, love your job, church, country, etc... Like sports. Have sports be an enjoyable part of your life and dont get in so deep that you let it effect things that really matter in that first list."

At the end of the day, I will be at the game in two weeks, thanksgiving weekend and probably wherever we go for a bowl game. A bowl game I wasnt sure we would get to this year.

Hope you guys have your passports ready.
We are the top traveling team in the league. No way the send us to Nassau. They always send teams there that don't travel well. Believe it or not, there is still one WV FBS team that hasn't even qualified for a bowl game yet. As I recall, Bill Stewart never had that problem.

Reactions: Elkview
if anybody thinks that we can win the rest of our games then they are not only drinking the kool ade they are drunk from the kool ade. we are not the king of the cupcakes but we have feasted so far on them. I think we have a better chance of losing out than winning out. Don Nehlen sucked. Doc sucks and Legg is worse. Doc will be fired. Mark it down

So do you want us to be 2-6??

1 bad loss and you want to give up on the team...goodness, you're pathetic.

Really it doesn't matter if you are 2-6 or 6-2. You play for one reason, to win a conference championship. If we don't win the rest of our games we won't even get the opportunity to play for one. If we lose to FAU they would have to lose their final 3 games, which is not going to happen. By losing to FIU, we are in a position now where we have to win out and hope FIU loses again in conference.

If we go 9-3 and don't play in the championship game it's really no different than going 3-9 and not playing in it just like last year.

Every loss is upsetting. But I’m still really happy with the team and the season so far. After 2016, are you kidding me?

I can agree with ya on this ... but we all can agree, Bill legg sucks and our season has mostly been defense and special teams.. that's why when we won 4 or 5 games our fans were still pissed that our offense sucked, we all knew this game was coming getting down early and not having the offense to overcome it.. defense wins championships but you have to get first downs also....

Actually, I am more realistic than anything. Pathetic is expecting to win out against well coached teams. I would argue my Alma Mater has given up on me instead of the other way around.

Are you one of those types who reads just a new headline and assumes they know what the article is about? Because thats basically what you're doing here.

What exactly is your "realism" based on? That your team isn't going to lose a game against someone?
Well, have fun with that mindset because everyone loses a game to someone.

No, your logic is based on absolutes and extremes.
We lose a game "we absolutely are terrible and cannot win out."
Also, "my alma mater has let me down because of 2 losses in season."

Allowing yourself to forget at basically this time last year, our record was flipped.

You'll forget about last season when we are winning and then immediately bring it up when we lose this season.

Do you realize just how dumb you sound?

I agree entirely. FAU is very tough and being at home is going to be a task for us for sure...
But we can win the game.

fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpg

Right, we just seem to be really good at losing to very poor teams, which is inexcusable, considering how long Doc has been behind the wheel.

Allowing yourself to forget at basically this time last year, our record was flipped.

We finally were exposed by a team that had less talent, but solid coaching. We are the exact inverse of this. If you are happy with just doing better than 3-9, then I see why you are like a pig in sh!t right now, but you're ignoring the fact that we should have never been 3-9 to begin with. We are playing in one of the worst conferences in Div I-A.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Are you one of those types who reads just a new headline and assumes they know what the article is about? Because thats basically what you're doing here.

What exactly is your "realism" based on? That your team isn't going to lose a game against someone?

You'll forget about last season when we are winning and then immediately bring it up when we lose this season.

Do you realize just how dumb you sound?

Dumb?

Dumb is taking a Philip Rivers mold QB and having him run a read option offense

Dumb is on short yardage situations running a 1 back set from a shotgun formation with 5 lineman against an 8 man front

Dumb is in 4 down territory on 3rd and 8 throwing 2 deep balls consecutively instead of playing for the first down

Absolute and Extremes

We win a game 14-3 against a terrible Charlotte team and "we are absolutely a good team again"

I didn't forget about last season. Extreme is thinking this season has fixed the problems and righted the ship. Extreme is ignoring the fact that we can not make good in game decisions and not realizing that this has not changed since Doc took the helm.

Two Losses in a season has nothing to do with my Alma Mater quitting on me. The fact that I am supposed to be happy with this being the best we can do is what is wrong. We need to go a different route and identify a coach from the smaller schools that is on the cutting edge and hire him. We do not currently stand a chance against quality programs with quality coaches. Doc has been overwhelmingly outcoached by teams with "good coaches" during his tenure. We continue to show very little football IQ in our play. Marshall expecting me to be excited about this is the same as them quitting on me...the FAN.

Put the koolaid down.

Right, we just seem to be really good at losing to very poor teams, which is inexcusable, considering how long Doc has been behind the wheel.

We finally were exposed by a team that had less talent, but solid coaching. We are the exact inverse of this. If you are happy with just doing better than 3-9, then I see why you are like a pig in sh!t right now, but you're ignoring the fact that we should have never been 3-9 to begin with. We are playing in one of the worst conferences in Div I-A.

I wouldn't call FIU a poor team. The talent level isn't significantly less than ours since we recruit in basically the same area.

I highly doubt anyone would disagree about good head coaching trumping talent. Ask Oklahoma about that.

When 3-9 happened, I think anyone was just happy with winning. I don't care if they are ugly wins, a win is a win.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
Dumb?

Dumb is on short yardage situations running a 1 back set from a shotgun formation with 5 lineman against an 8 man front

Dumb is in 4 down territory on 3rd and 8 throwing 2 deep balls consecutively instead of playing for the first down

Absolute and Extremes

We win a game 14-3 against a terrible Charlotte team and "we are absolutely a good team again"

I didn't forget about last season. Extreme is thinking this season has fixed the problems and righted the ship. Extreme is ignoring the fact that we can not make good in game decisions and not realizing that this has not changed since Doc took the helm.

Two Losses in a season has nothing to do with my Alma Mater quitting on me. The fact that I am supposed to be happy with this being the best we can do is what is wrong. We need to go a different route and identify a coach from the smaller schools that is on the cutting edge and hire him. We do not currently stand a chance against quality programs with quality coaches. Doc has been overwhelmingly outcoached by teams with "good coaches" during his tenure. We continue to show very little football IQ in our play. Marshall expecting me to be excited about this is the same as them quitting on me...the FAN.

Put the koolaid down.

6-2 vs. 2-6

Reactions: WV_Celt
Dumb?

Absolute and Extremes

Put the koolaid down.
Good god you’re f*cking dramatic. Your alma mater “quit on you”? Like MU has any real recollection of your existence, outside of your name appearing on some list of graduates.

Reactions: All4TheHerd
I don't know what's funny to you about it....as I look at wvu's schedule, other than TT, looks like wvu has the same problem of beating bad teams and losing to anyone with a pulse. heck, Baylor almost got you
There is nothing funny about it. WVU must win 1 of next 4 to make a bowl game. I don't one anywhere. Your chances for a bowl are better than ours at the moment even if it does require a passport.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
There is nothing funny about it. WVU must win 1 of next 4 to make a bowl game. I don't one anywhere. Your chances for a bowl are better than ours at the moment even if it does require a passport.

you are foolish if you think we end up in the Bahamas. possible but unlikely. let's discuss our real problem and that is hiring idiot wvu graduates.

My problem with the well we are 3-9 argument is we shouldn’t have been 3-9 last year. We played another easy schedule and lost 9 games. So I guess we should all be ecstatic that this year we aren’t losing to the horrible teams on our schedule like we did last year.

Marshall should never ever as long as we play in this conference have a 3-9 year even in a rebuilding year which we weren’t in a rebuilding year last year. We should never ever get destroyed by a MAC team at home ever like we were last year. We should NEVER EVER get embarrassed by a conference mate to the tune of the worst home loss in the history of the stadium. Keep in mind during that time we have played WVU twice, Va Tech and Louisville at the Joan and none of them beat us like our conference mate at home last year. Let that sink in.
So to brag about this turn around after a year that was a complete disaster when it shouldn’t have been is a bit disingenuous.

Reactions: HFF-SLTX
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT