ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. Hungus

Raoul Duke MU

Doctor of Journalism
Thoughts?

(CNN)Enlargement of one of the heart's four chambers -- the right ventricle -- was the best predictor of which patients with severe Covid-19 infections were most likely to die, doctors reported Monday.

A team of doctors from the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai looked at the health records of 105 Covid patients hospitalized at Mount Sinai Morningside in New York City between March 26th and April 22nd.
Of the 105 patients in the study, 32 of them -- or 31% -- had dilation of the right ventricle based on an echocardiogram, or ultrasound of the heart. Of these, 41% died by the end of the study period, compared to 11% of those without right ventricular enlargement.

Enlargement of the right ventricle was the only variable that was significantly associated with mortality in this group of Covid-19 patients, according to the study, which has been accepted for publication in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/18/health/right-ventricle-enlargement-coronavirus/index.html

Way outside of my area of expertise, I bet Marshallisqbu would be better.

For lack of better way of saying it, it seems reasonable that if the part of the heart that pumps to the lungs (R heart) is under stress from pumping against a cluster F in your lungs, then the heart may appear dilated on echo and you’re F’d....medically speaking, of course.

The problem here is that we still don’t have a great treatment...so even if we see it in an echo not sure it changes much...it’s prognostic only. Though maybe could be used to guide clinical trials if you’re searching out the worst of the worst for trial enrollment.

The problem here is that we still don’t have a great treatment...so even if we see it in an echo not sure it changes much...it’s prognostic only.

You should pass this information on to the pill mill doctors that prescribe oxycodone to everyone that shows up with an MRI that shows any type of degenerative back problems. Their defense to criminal charges generally consists of "But they had an MRI and said they hurt really, really bad." Rant over. Lol

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
You should pass this information on to the pill mill doctors that prescribe oxycodone to everyone that shows up with an MRI that shows any type of degenerative back problems. Their defense to criminal charges generally consists of "But they had an MRI and said they hurt really, really bad." Rant over. Lol

I am going to be honest, right now I have having some pretty painful issues with sciatica and I wish someone would prescribe me some damn oxycodone. Doctors are scared to death to prescribe the good stuff now days. I can handle the pain during the day, but hurting to the point of not sleeping SUCKS.

I am going to be honest, right now I have having some pretty painful issues with sciatica and I wish someone would prescribe me some damn oxycodone. Doctors are scared to death to prescribe the good stuff now days. I can handle the pain during the day, but hurting to the point of not sleeping SUCKS.
Go to the ER for your sciatica

Sciatica is not an ER issue period. It can be taken care of by your family physician or urgent care if your gp is unavailable

Sciatica can flare up suddenly, you know, like during the night or on a weekend. If a person is not familiar with it, it's plenty painful enough to cause alarm. Just shut up and you'll at least appear smarter.

So are ERs, moron. Stick to massages.
What does the E in ER stand for? Sciatica does not qualify as an emergency. It sucks and can be debilitating but that doesn’t make it an emergency. There are better options for treatment. Stick to cults moron

Reactions: 19MU88
What does the E in ER stand for? Sciatica does not qualify as an emergency. It sucks and can be debilitating but that doesn’t make it an emergency. There are better options for treatment. Stick to cults moron

Hey idiot, not everyone knows what sciatica is. If someone wakes up in the middle of the night with excruciating pain, it's not considered out of the ordinary to seek medical care right then. Stick to massages, dimwit.

Hey idiot, not everyone knows what sciatica is. If someone wakes up in the middle of the night with excruciating pain, it's not considered out of the ordinary to seek medical care right then. Stick to massages, dimwit.
If you know you have sciatica, you don’t go to the ER it’s not an emergency. If you have excruciating pain from unknown origins then yes that can be an. emergency. My argument is still valid idiot.

I get it from time to time, usually by lifting something awkwardly that causes it to become inflamed. I assume you know the various stretching exercises you can do to alleviate the pain. They usually work for me after a couple days of doing them. Problem being, I should do those stretches daily, because you typically find yourself doing stupid stuff when drinking that you normally wouldn't do, like lifting a heavy wheelbarrow off it's hanging rack in the shed by yourself. Stretches hurt like hell when you're already in pain, but it's a good hurt, if you know what I mean, as opposed to a game of bag tag.

When it was just my hip hurting I assumed it was bursitis. When one night it was my leg down to my knee and HURT LIKE HELL, I can see where a person would be very alarmed and think it was something much worse, like a blood clot.
I usually can't walk when I wake up, due to it being too much pain in my leg to be able to place any weight onto it, so I always have to grab for misc. pieces of furniture to get around the house until it loosens up a little bit. A shot of cortisone will do you well, but that's a pain that's worse than getting kicked in the nuts by a strong legged mule.

When it was just my hip hurting I assumed it was bursitis. When one night it was my leg down to my knee and HURT LIKE HELL, I can see where a person would be very alarmed and think it was something much worse, like a blood clot.
Blood clots in the leg usually feel like a pulled muscle/Charlie horse/cramp. Nerve pain which is what sciatica is can cause radiating pain along the sciatic nerve, low back down to calf. It can be dull or aching, burning, or sharp. It can feel like an electric shock at times.

Go to the ER for your sciatica
that might work once but if you start showing up often you will be labeled a pill seeker.On top of that the visit is expensive. Best thing to do is find a Primary Care who understands you and your situation. You are correct the whole pillepedemic has made it hard on many who really need the stronger pills to get them.

I guess I am shocked to see Greed supporting running to the ER for pain meds after all the comments he has made about my friend Raoul (who ironically is on this thread crying for more pills) being a pill head. I was surprised and then I remembered Greed is a lying hypocrite.

My argument is still valid idiot.

Only in YOUR head.

What I've learned from this thread is that greed has been to the ER for sciatica.

Nope. And you've never learned anything from any thread.

greed is a pain in the ass, which ironically, the sciatica is in close proximity to.

Back to the porch. sot

Nerve pain which is what sciatica is can cause radiating pain along the sciatic nerve, low back down to calf

And further into the ankle.

Only in YOUR head.

And further into the ankle.

The ER is for emergencies. Diagnosed case of sciatica is not an emergency no matter how many times you claim it to no.

ankle pain depends on what nerve root the pin is coming from. Usually s1 nerve root will cause ankle pain. If it’s higher up you can get some loss of sensation and function in your foot

The ER is for emergencies.

The ER is for pretty much anyone that shows up.

Diagnosed case of sciatica is not an emergency no matter how many times you claim it to no.

It can be. moron

ankle pain depends on what nerve root the pin is coming from. Usually s1 nerve root will cause ankle pain. If it’s higher up you can get some loss of sensation and function in your foot

I'm not familiar with the medical specifics, I am personally familiar with acute sciatica. You evidently are not.

It can be. moron

I'm not familiar with the medical specifics, I am personally familiar with acute sciatica. You evidently are not.
No the ER isn’t for pretty much anything. That is one of the major problems with our healthcare system, morons like you go to the ER for non emergent care. I have suffered from sciatica for many years. Yes I know it can lay you out and sucks but I have never and will never go to the ER for it.

I usually can't walk when I wake up,

Mine got so bad I could not roll over in bed. I would wake up in crazy pain and it took five minutes to roll to the other side. This was on top of the pain keeping me from falling asleep; I would finally fall asleep from exhaustion, and then BAM WAKE UP MOTHERFVCKER YOUR LEG FEELS LIKE IT HAS BEEN CUT OFF. Several times a night. And then the whole morning can't walk deal as well. Fvck getting old, it sucks.

. A shot of cortisone will do you well

I got that last week. After getting one in my elbow two weeks ago, the second one for it in six months. At this point I am kind of used to that particular pain. It has helped, but so has the Tramadol in letting me not hurt to the point I can sleep.

who ironically is on this thread crying for more pills

They gave me Tramadol 50mg. What a joke, it has helped but it takes over an hour to kick in, if I am hurting to the point I want a pain pill I want the pain gone RIGHT THE FVCK NOW. The pharmacist said I should have some Narcan if I am taking Tramadol, I told him I lived in WV for 25 years and I know goddamn good and well no one is OD'ing on 50mg Tramadol, I'm not snorting rails of 80mg OxyContins. That got me a weird look. Anyway I keep Narcan in my crash bag as it is.

Anyway, they gave me 9 pills. LOL. I am not sure I could OD on 9 of them at once. And how long is 9 pills supposed to last anyway? I figure between the corto shot taking time and trying to PT this shit on my own, they just want me to not sleep. 9 will have lasted a week come tonight, I really overdid it this weekend in the yard (because I am hard-headed and grinded through the pain) and needed a daytime dose both days as well as one at night.

Bullshit. This is one reason we pay too much for insurance.

Blood clots in the leg usually feel like a pulled muscle/Charlie horse/cramp.

Never had one, so how would I know? Never had fvcking sciatica until recently either. Had it not been for starting in my hip and making me think bursitis I might have freaked out a little. Just a little....hell I drove to the ER during a heart attack, smoked a Camel Light on the way too. 'Murica.

Never had one, so how would I know? Never had fvcking sciatica until recently either. Had it not been for starting in my hip and making me think bursitis I might have freaked out a little. Just a little....hell I drove to the ER during a heart attack, smoked a Camel Light on the way too. 'Murica.
Just providing some info

I'm not being a smartass, just saying how would I have known. Now that doesn't mean EG should keep going to the ER when he knows what it is, SMH.

I've been to the ER one time in my life about 40 years ago. Concrete mantel fell and hit my shoulder.

Rolling over in bed is very painful, and you do so in extra, extra slow motion. Sex is definitely out of the question. I'm certain I'll have a major flair up this weekend, likely late Sunday or Monday, due to all the home shit we have on the list. Plus, bought a kegerator, so I'll have to pick up a couple 1/6 barrels and carry them from outside down to the basement bar. They're not that heavy, but enough to trigger the inflammation. Same thing happens every time I have to buy 8 bags of salt. Those fvckers feel like they weigh 100 lbs a bag on your 4th trip of carrying two bags at a time.

that might work once but if you start showing up often you will be labeled a pill seeker.On top of that the visit is expensive. Best thing to do is find a Primary Care who understands you and your situation. You are correct the whole pillepedemic has made it hard on many who really need the stronger pills to get them.

I believe he said that because of a thread that went on ridiculing the jailhouse attorney who used to post on here. @countryroads89 is his name; I know he and @WV-FAN are pals.

@-CarlHungus-

what's the rationale for Person A who was around Person B who tested positive for COVID to be quarantined for 14 days after Person A tests negative for COVID and has had no symptoms?

@-CarlHungus-

what's the rationale for Person A who was around Person B who tested positive for COVID to be quarantined for 14 days after Person A tests negative for COVID and has had no symptoms?

Not sure exactly but if these people have continuous exposure (ie spouse/house mate) then a negative test one day doesn’t mean a lot.

Also we typically require a 5-7 “wait time” after an exposure to do the test. If you get exposed on Monday you may not pop a + test until a few days later.

If a one time exposure I don’t see a great rationale if they tested (-) and are asymptomatic 10 days later.

It’s all just guess work. There aren’t great data to guide these things.

Not sure exactly but if these people have continuous exposure (ie spouse/house mate) then a negative test one day doesn’t mean a lot.

Also we typically require a 5-7 “wait time” after an exposure to do the test. If you get exposed on Monday you may not pop a + test until a few days later.

If a one time exposure I don’t see a great rationale if they tested (-) and are asymptomatic 10 days later.

It’s all just guess work. There aren’t great data to guide these things.
i have someone who was exposed 2 fridays ago, got their test results back this morning (negative), has had no symptoms, and is wanting to go back to work. health department told them they cannot return to work until next monday, that they're required to quarantine for 14 days after exposure, even with no symptoms and a negative test result. that's pure horseshit.

this is where i think political bullshit comes into it. keep people off work for as long as possible for no damn reason other than to keep the economy tanked.

ADVERTISEMENT