ADVERTISEMENT

East Carolina Game

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
ECU is moving the game with Marshall to either September 5 or September 12 and allowing us to choose. Just got this from ECU.

Reactions: Deepthroat69
That doesn't fit the NC governor's mandate of no crowds until the 11th. Of. Ourse they could play with no fans I assume but even that violates the order of less than 25 people in a crowd. Heck, practice every day does that

That doesn't fit the NC governor's mandate of no crowds until the 11th. Of. Ourse they could play with no fans I assume but even that violates the order of less than 25 people in a crowd. Heck, practice every day does that

It does fit the Sept 12 date mentioned, which looks like the date it will be scheduled to happen

Guess Hamrick will be looking for a home foe on 9/5, probably a nearby FCS foe who can use a game and who is not asking too much of a $$$ guarantee to come to the Joan!

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
What a shame, now we'll have to change practice schedules, et. al. And we'll get to see another nobody in the Joan. This stuff is killing us all in a lot of different ways.

The governor of NC is likely to extend this until Sep 12, 2047. He is well, just that way.

Confirmed that it will be on September 12th.

Please refrain from political discussions on this board.
that was not a political statement, it was extended to those who are worried about the student athletes playing this fall. For example, bars and gyms are not open in NC yet, it may be of concern that student athletes will play football in just a few weeks.

Reactions: Odie Green
So, we finally have a hard date for traveling to Greenville. 4 weeks out! Who thinks we will hold the season opener vs an FCS on the 5th? Also, with @ODU game cancelled (last game of season), might we be going on the road to Charlotte? (Home & Home)

Just checked sked. That would mean playing the Niners 2 weeks in a row! Not gonna happen......

Last edited:
So, we finally have a hard date for traveling to Greenville. 4 weeks out! Who thinks we will hold the season opener vs an FCS on the 5th? Also, with @ODU game cancelled (last game of season), might we be going on the road to Charlotte? (Home & Home)

Just checked sked. That would mean playing the Niners 2 weeks in a row! Not gonna happen......
I'm hearing the home home is with FAU
We are adding Army on Sept 26 and supposedly an FCS on the 5th

I'm hearing the home home is with FAU
We are adding Army on Sept 26 and supposedly an FCS on the 5th
That sounds pretty good to me!
Actually, if it works out the way I think it could, the Herd would travel to play FIU on Halloween, then bubble wrap the travel party, stay in FL and take on the Owls on lebbin 7. (Currently an open date on current schedule)

Last edited:
So Hamrick said MU is going to play a conference mate twice, 1 home 1 away to fill in for ODU.

Anybody know who thats going to be?

So Hamrick said MU is going to play a conference mate twice, 1 home 1 away to fill in for ODU.

Anybody know who thats going to be?
Every team in the east and 2 from the west will do it so all teams have 8 conference games. I am hearing that ours will be FAU

Agreed but I have heard differently

Which is why our league sucks. As someone pointed out - FAU -FIU, WKU-MT would be natural match ups due to rivalry and proximity. That leaves us with Charlotte.
Why spend the money to fly down there and back.
I know it’s lame but we could bus to Charlotte.

We’re not playing FAU twice. I have it on pretty good authority.
Don't disagree. I first got it info from a staff member but things are very fluid. I was told by that same staff member that Army looked pretty sure on the 26th now he says that may not happen. We were set fo play Charleston Southern I was told then before the paper was signed the Charleston Southern players said they didn't want to play

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
Don't disagree. I first got it info from a staff member but things are very fluid. I was told by that same staff member that Army looked pretty sure on the 26th now he says that may not happen. We were set to play Charleston Southern I was told then before the paper was signed the Charleston Southern players said they didn't want to play
Yeah there are so many rumors going around it’s tough to trust what you hear. I hadn’t heard the Charleston Southern rumor but I believe it. The FCS team we are supposed to play now won’t blow anyone away but they are somewhat regional.

UNC Chapel Hill just sent students home after two weeks on campus. Going virtual.

Could have impacts on ECU game and Appalachian St traveling to Huntington. Depends on what happens with the other schools. Note, all public universities in NC are under the UNC system. Each campus is independent but report to the UNC system. The flagship school just closed their campus.

UNC Chapel Hill just sent students home after two weeks on campus. Going virtual.

Could have impacts on ECU game and Appalachian St traveling to Huntington. Depends on what happens with the other schools. Note, all public universities in NC are under the UNC system. Each campus is independent but report to the UNC system. The flagship school just closed their campus.
So, IamHM, does this mean the Heels football team is shuttered as well?

ADVERTISEMENT