ADVERTISEMENT

ECU Game Postponed

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Just heard from friend in Greenville that East Carolina has postponed our game on September 12 and no new date yet announced if any.

So is there any chance that this game is rescheduled? I just moved from Florida to the Triangle area of North Carolina. Would be great to make the short drive over to Greenville for the game.

So is there any chance that this game is rescheduled? I just moved from Florida to the Triangle area of North Carolina. Would be great to make the short drive over to Greenville for the game.

What has been floated by both schools (unofficially of course) is playing on Dec. 5 if neither team is in their respective conference championship game... ECU wont have to worry about that, but we might/should.

Basically, if MU fails to make the CUSA title game we will go play in Greenville on Dec. 5. If MU is in the CUSA title game then the ECU game is cancelled.

What has been floated by both schools (unofficially of course) is playing on Dec. 5 if neither team is in their respective conference championship game... ECU wont have to worry about that, but we might/should.

Basically, if MU fails to make the CUSA title game we will go play in Greenville on Dec. 5. If MU is in the CUSA title game then the ECU game is cancelled.
CUSA has already said the championship game would likely be a week later in order to play more games

I don't know, by reading some posts on Boneyard Banter, it seems they have no intention on making it up. Regardless.

I don't know, by reading some posts on Boneyard Banter, it seems they have no intention on making it up. Regardless.

If ECU is awful... And it looks like they will be... Then I could see them not wanting to make it up regardless of if the dates work out. Why would they extend the season to take another L?

Reactions: 31Herd55
If ECU is awful... And it looks like they will be... Then I could see them not wanting to make it up regardless of if the dates work out. Why would they extend the season to take another L?
Maybe to take a chance at padding their resume to get into a bowl game with a 3-6 record? Other than that, I'm guessing they would love to play, just to be playing, particularly since it would be at their place. At the end of the day, most players want to be playing, plus it gives the team an extra week to practice and perform.

We have become their worst nightmare.
We can scuttle that Pirate Ship.

Liberty will play anybody - anywhere...and that statement will bring our religious fanatics out of the woodwork.

ADVERTISEMENT