ADVERTISEMENT

EG CNN has an announcement for you

My wife accuses me of being obtuse and often I am. Not always. In this situation, I'm not so sure. The language being used by the writer was technically and politically correct. He said "Individual" because there are men and women, through no fault of their own, born with ambiguous genitalia where the genitals may be incompletely developed or the baby may have characteristics of both sexes. The external sex organs may not match the internal sex organs or genetic sex. It was the author's attempt to be inclusive and not use demeaning and often misunderstood language to describe these folks. Not sure how this can be viewed as dehumanizing when, in fact, it is the exact opposite. I certainly did not get the post. I thought keeper was taking issue with the article and not poking fun at "Individual". It is not a laughing matter for folks born with this rare condition. I guess we think differently. That is a good thing. It is also a good thing to put yourself in the shoes of folks you don't agree with to understand how they arrived at their position. It is difficult to do and I certainly failed to to do it with Keeper's post. I am sorry I went off on a tangent. However, our communications, helped me to understand. That is a good thing.

TLDR_o_60996.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT