ADVERTISEMENT

Eight Game Suspension?

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Soccer coach Chris Grassie suspended for eight - 8 games! Is anyone in the athletic department even protesting this? This is akin to killing a mosquito with a sledgehammer IMO. Rather harsh it seems to impose a penalty that severe and brings back old memories of former Marshall transgressions.

Soccer coach Chris Grassie suspended for eight - 8 games! Is anyone in the athletic department even protesting this? This is akin to killing a mosquito with a sledgehammer IMO. Rather harsh it seems to impose a penalty that severe and brings back old memories of former Marshall transgressions.

Makes you wonder if the whole story is being told.

Makes you wonder if the whole story is being told.

Maybe we need to transgress more. We win more that way. We just aren't good at not getting caught. We need to learn from the ACC and SEC schools. Do they have seminars our coaches and admin could go to? I heard a Kentucky fan say that each championship is worth 3 years probation(if you get caught).

Maybe we need to transgress more. We win more that way. We just aren't good at not getting caught. We need to learn from the ACC and SEC schools. Do they have seminars our coaches and admin could go to? I heard a Kentucky fan say that each championship is worth 3 years probation(if you get caught).

One has nothing to do with the other.

Some Marshall fans have always deflected to “well.... well..... everybody else does the same thing. “ It’s not a good look.

Reactions: ThunderDrunk304
One has nothing to do with the other.

Some Marshall fans have always deflected to “well.... well..... everybody else does the same thing. “ It’s not a good look.
The good look is that Clemson football locker room. Looks like something out of Las Vegas or Disney World. I am sure they are doing it all the right way.

8 games and 4 games suspensions for an admin. error ? Seems disproportionate. Wonder if CUSA hammers us by stripping out the championships ? Or, is the NCAA gestapo done also?

The good look is that Clemson football locker room. Looks like something out of Las Vegas or Disney World. I am sure they are doing it all the right way.

When my kid played baseball at Clemson many years ago they had a pool table, video games, and big screens. In the VISITORS locker room.

And again it has nothing to do with Marshall soccer. You continue to prove my point.

Don’t know about Clemson nor do I really know anything about soccer. This just seems to be an extremely unfair punishment compared to the violation. There has to be more to this story.

I looked and the first match of the 2019 soccer season, the game I assume would be the one where the suspension would be served, was a 3-0 win vs Purdue Ft. Wayne. I can’t imagine how anyone would assume that we would risk so much for a meaningless non conference game that we were clearly the better team. Why would any coach do that purposely? You withhold the player and it’s done. This is why I can’t be convinced that our coach did anything with underhanded motives.

This ruling was punitive and given the circumstances of the mistakes made outside the control of Marshall the punishment is baffling. Now that being said, I know absolutely nothing about soccer. So maybe my perspective is skewed. But to me it seems like so much of a risk with so little to gain by not withholding the player from a game that I just can’t see this being done with the intent of getting away with something.

And another thing that I don’t understand...suspensions of players carry from one season to the next? What if the player was a senior?

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
And another thing that I don’t understand...suspensions of players carry from one season to the next? What if the player was a senior?
It must be like one of those deals like when you have unpaid parking tickets or overdue library books. You just can't graduate until it is taken care of.

Thing that gets me - after the way this season went , winning the regular season title then the conference championship , nationally ranked , good seed in the NCAA's , first round bye - NOW you announce the ruling and suspensions..makes one wonder about the timing of it all. Just sayin.

Gents, these seem extreme, but considering they could have vacated all the wins he played in, leaving us out of the tourney, these are "light IMHO. The NCAA could have said that every game he played in was a game with an ineligible player and vacated those wins. I think we should move on.

Reactions: marshallsig
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT