ADVERTISEMENT

Electric vehicles

More irony. Libs certainly don't have a sense of humor do they? And they take everything literally...

carmuddumfries-2000-186-454-b.jpg

Call a tow truck because you run out of gas?? Hardly. Since it is a holiday, I’m surprised you are even posting. Shouldn’t you be leading the Wayne County Grumpy People’s Parade?

From where I come from normal people don't call a tow truck when the gas gauge is on E. We call a buddy to bring some gas to us.

Guess this proves two things - ignored member isn't normal and doesn't have any buddies that would answer the call...

From where I come from normal people don't call a tow truck when the gas gauge is on E. We call a buddy to bring some gas to us.
I bet you really appreciate that when you're out of gas 300 miles from home. Idiot.
Guess this proves two things - ignored member isn't normal and doesn't have any buddies that would answer the call...
Yes, 2 things. That both you and the poster you replied to are idiots.

A “break down” and running out of gas are two completely different events. But you are right about having to call a tow truck for an electric vehicle. Your choices there are very limited.

Reactions: KyMUfan
Yes, cars run out of gas, and you call someone to bring more, or you walk to the closest station, or hope a courtesy vehicle comes by.
What are you going to do with an EV? Wait for someone to hand you the end of a ten mile long extension cord?
That is why it was good thing to pass the inflation reduction act ..it gave a lot of money to help build EV stations and at the same time gave help to the oil companies so it wasnt just a one sided thing.

(of a machine or motor vehicle) suddenly cease to function.
Oxford

: a failure to function
Merriam Webster

If a machine or vehicle breaks down, it stops working:
Cambridge

a breaking down, wearing out, or sudden loss of ability to function efficiently, as of a machine.
Dictionary.com

Oxford

: a failure to function
Merriam Webster

If a machine or vehicle breaks down, it stops working:
Cambridge

a breaking down, wearing out, or sudden loss of ability to function efficiently, as of a machine.
Dictionary.com
God hating, EV loving moron.

A vehicle breakdown is a MECHANICAL or ELECTRICAL failure of a motor vehicle in such a way that the underlying problem prevents the vehicle from being operated.

I'm in the automotive industry. I have yet to see running out of gas covered under warranty (unless it was to repair a broken fuel gage or sending unit).

Some people are just plain stupid and don't know when to quit doubling down on their stupidity...

Some people are just plain stupid and don't know when to quit doubling down on their stupidity...
Probably the reason Greed doesn’t sell more cabinets. A customer comes in and wants doors that open to the right and Greed won’t stop yelling at him that cabinet doors only open to the left.

• Haha
Reactions: KyMUfan
Probably the reason Greed doesn’t sell more cabinets. A customer comes in and wants doors that open to the right and Greed won’t stop yelling at him that cabinet doors only open to the left.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Reactions: greengeezer
A vehicle breakdown is a MECHANICAL or ELECTRICAL failure of a motor vehicle in such a way that the underlying problem prevents the vehicle from being operated.
Oxford

I'm in the automotive industry. I have yet to see running out of gas covered under warranty (unless it was to repair a broken fuel gage or sending unit).

^^^Some people familiar with automobiles and warranties don't know the definitions of words....and are idiots.

I just tell them to call their buddies and have them bring some hinges to them.

A “break down” and running out of gas are two completely different events. But you are right about having to call a tow truck for an electric vehicle. Your choices there are very limited.
Some EVs now support vehicle to vehicle charging, so it would in theory be possible to flag down someone who's car supports that and have them give you enough to get back home.

At one point AAA had trucks with chargers to go give a charge to anyone who ran out but I think charger density got good enough here that it was easier for them to just tow you to the closest one.

proves nothing...cars also can run out of gas.
Only a dumb arse would run out of gas. There are gas stations everywhere. There are charging stations not everywhere. The biggest thing about EVs as the primary type of vehicle is can our electrical grid handle all the extra pull. The cost to upgrade our grid to be in a condition to have EVs either as the primary or only type of transportation would be something that would be astronomical. In additionally how do we make electricity, I will give you 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count. Mostly by natural gas, coal, and other fossil fuels. Until some huge advance in how to generate electricity without fossil fuels not going to happen regardless of how much people would like it. CA outlawing the purchase of gasoline powered vehicles in 13 years is idiotic without some brainaic coming up with a completely new way to generate electricity. I would talk about the CA removal of new natural gas buildings and such, but that is another subject regarding the cleanest of the fossil fuels.

About 60% of renewable energy plants built in 2021 were cheaper than the cheapest fossil fuel plants. The time has run out for fossil fuels, and you’re going to see more and more extraction permits go unbid on because the companies know it. They’ll kick and scream and pump out disinformation to try and stay viable, but they’re no longer economically feasible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT