ADVERTISEMENT

Eli Neal named CUSA Defensive Player Of The Week

I said before that I was higher on him during recruiting vs. the other TN linebacker that was rated much higher. I am assuming that kid didn't make it. Look at Brock, no offers but us, arguably one of the best receivers. Funny how having a QB that can throw and all of a sudden

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I said before that I was higher on him during recruiting vs. the other TN linebacker that was rated much higher. I am assuming that kid didn't make it. Look at Brock, no offers but us, arguably one of the best receivers. Funny how having a QB that can throw and all of a sudden
Deshawn Page went JUCO and is now a Texas Tech 2021 commit.

The third TN linebacker from that class was J’Coryan Anderson. He plays quite a bit on special teams.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Neal is fun to watch because he has that old-school feel... A traditional run-stuffing/own the middle zone MLB.

Beckett makes splash plays with his speed and versatility, but Neal is just as important to the defense in a less glamorous role.

Page was the one I was thinking of
Went down a rabbit hole with Page.

Since he's been at East Mississippi CC he's committed to Kansas State; then Texas Tech; and this week flipped for a third time to Mississippi State.

Should a higher level SEC team like LSU, Bama, UGA or Auburn come calling, I can almost guarantee he will flip a 4th time.

Some of these kids are absolutely ridiculous.

Went down a rabbit hole with Page.

Since he's been at East Mississippi CC he's committed to Kansas State; then Texas Tech; and this week flipped for a third time to Mississippi State.

Should a higher level SEC team like LSU, Bama, UGA or Auburn come calling, I can almost guarantee he will flip a 4th time.

Yeah sounds like some aren't taught integrity. I'd rather have a Neal, solid player, that wants to be here vs. a Page that sells to the highest bidder. Ohio made their squad tough with that method.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU

For some reason, college football fans don't hold 40+ year old coaches to the same standards that we hold 17-20 year old kids to.

A coach will profess his loyalty and love to a school/program, then interview and hope for an offer from another school, then end up accepting an offer from another school two weeks later, and nobody will blame him for it.

But if an 18 year old gets a better offer after committing to a school, he's suddenly a head case, has no integrity, etc. Compound that with coaches who insist that a recruit commits or threatens that their scholarship will be filled, and it's easy to understand why kids recommit as much as they do.

Coaches/athletic departments created the monster.

ADVERTISEMENT