ADVERTISEMENT

Elmore to return

DeUBpjFV4AAc0eK.jpg

Way to go. He could have bolted, appreciate his loyalty to the school and community. He could become the Chad P of b’ball if he wants.

I’m happy the Herd will have him back for another year but if the evals had been more positive he would not be returning. If he could have he would have been gone two years ago.
I have no problem with that, hopefully MU has more OAD’s soon.

I’m happy the Herd will have him back for another year but if the evals had been more positive he would not be returning. If he could have he would have been gone two years ago.
I have no problem with that, hopefully MU has more OAD’s soon.
Screw one and dones. Just because that’s what rat face likes doesn’t mean Marshall needs to follow suit

Screw one and dones. Just because that’s what rat face likes doesn’t mean Marshall needs to follow suit

A measured mature response, it’s what is expected of you.
I would hope Marshall would love to have that kind of talent come to town if for only one season.

A measured mature response, it’s what is expected of you.
I would hope Marshall would love to have that kind of talent come to town if for only one season.
One and dones hurt schools like Marshall more than they help. It’s easy for the blue bloods to recruit them and not have a huge drop off when they leave. They just reload. It’s much more beneficial for the smaller schools to recruit guys that they expect to stay all four years. If a guys wants to try to leave early then make power to him but to just go out and actively recruit one and dones like calipari does and k is starting to do just doesn’t work

One and dones hurt schools like Marshall more than they help. It’s easy for the blue bloods to recruit them and not have a huge drop off when they leave. They just reload. It’s much more beneficial for the smaller schools to recruit guys that they expect to stay all four years. If a guys wants to try to leave early then make power to him but to just go out and actively recruit one and dones like calipari does and k is starting to do just doesn’t work

There are a lot of top programs recruiting that level of 5 Star talent, lately it seems that Duke and a couple of others get more 5* to commit.
If Marshall had a player blow up and leave after their freshman season it wouldn’t hurt, it would help the program. Raise the program profile, raise DD’s profile, envigorate the fans.

There are a lot of top programs recruiting that level of 5 Star talent, lately it seems that Duke and a couple of others get more 5* to commit.
If Marshall had a player blow up and leave after their freshman season it wouldn’t hurt, it would help the program. Raise the program profile, raise DD’s profile, envigorate the fans.
That player is different than the one and dones duke and uk are recruiting. They are recruiting the ones that everyone knows are just playing in college because of the stupid nba rule and Whiteside didn’t do much to raise the program.

Not really, no one is gone until they hire an agent.
I’ll agree with you about Whiteside, the coaching merry go round and the athletic dept’s apathy toward anything but football hurt a lot.
I think DD could leverage a OAD into a terrific advantage for MU. The guy knows how to maximize exposure.

licious I would rather believe that it was less his father’s influence and more of Jon remaining loyal to the coach and school that gave him this great opportunity.

licious I would rather believe that it was less his father’s influence and more of Jon remaining loyal to the coach and school that gave him this great opportunity.
my suspicion is that Jon made the best decision for him and that decision was to return to Marshall where he plays in an NBAsystem , has the freedom to shoot whenever he wants, and will get a lot of exposure because we are going to be pretty darn good next year. As an added bonus will be revered at MU forever as an all time great

Very excited and happy to hear that Elmore decided to stay. Was hoping it would, but didn't think it would happen. Our chance of returning to the NCAA Tournament is still there! Thank you Jon!

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Jon made the best decision for his future. Dan runs a system that the NBA is moving toward. It fits Jon's abilities very well. If Jon had left for another college, you don't know how well he would fit in with that system and if it would have showcased his abilities. I think he made the best decision.

Reactions: SamSwimmer
Thrilled that Jon is coming back... yes, he could have gone the Grad Transfer route - but why? He is going to put up SICK numbers next season, end up as the all-time points and assists leader at Marshall, likely have us in a 2nd consecutive NCAA tourney (although not a given), and have all the well-earned accolades that accompany those accomplishments. To think that the son of Gay Elmore will certainly end up in the Marshall HOF and likely have his jersey number retired ON SENIOR NIGHT (like we did for John Taft) is pretty amazing. Glad Jon is coming back... excited about hoops season... and looking forward to Danny D leading the charge for a few more years before retiring!

Our success will be predicated on Bennett, Sustic (?) and Beyers playing well and giving quality minutes. You can bet teams will try to take away Elmore and get him out of the flow knowing he is the engine that drives the train for the most part. But I think our other guys will step up big if that happens, especially Burks.

ADVERTISEMENT