ADVERTISEMENT

Elmore

Herd020

Silver Buffalo
Aug 18, 2006
Just wondering, with Jon's talent, and his national burst of fame with the first round win, what's the chances of him giving up his senior year and trying out the NBA draft? Has anyone heard anything?

I think he saw last night that as great as he is he has a lot of work to do to go to the NBA. He played against a future NBA guard and played in a more physical type of game which is more NBA like and he didn’t play well. I’m way more worried he would want to do a graduate year at another school (like James Kelly) than going to the NBA.

We should be a lot more balanced team next, given that the new big guy pan out..

We needed big bodies last night, and as we always say during football season “ we are young”

We should be a lot more balanced team next, given that the new big guy pan out..

We needed big bodies last night, and as we always say during football season “ we are young”
......& ghorgh - it’s not just the 2 bigs! Cam Brooks could be our next 2 guard (will Danny redshirt him?) and a couple of additional recruits could make us a tourney team again next year!

Reactions: goherdorgohome2
Rumor, Jon Elmore to Ohio State as a graduate transfer?
Why?
Could it be, to up his NBA hopes by playing against better talent?

Reactions: Ninegate
Jon shot 15 foul shots against nationally ranked Wichita State and 0 until very late against “aggressive” WVU?

Yes bad calls/no calls...... I understand tournament play is a bit more aggressive and refs tend to let them play but it was almost as if they closed their eyes alot....

Rumor, Jon Elmore to Ohio State as a graduate transfer?
Why?
Could it be, to up his NBA hopes by playing against better talent?

If he should head to that sh*thole team.
...Jon has lost me as a fan. Anywhere but to the CHEATeyes! Never liked anything about that school. GO Michigan beat the Cheateyes!

HerdZilla22

I don't think he is going anywhere. His name is out there now. People know his talent. He can stay and be a part of what could be the best team we've ever had and leave a huge, Chad like legacy. No only that, but up his stock with a good year. I think DD knows this and will try to get him to stay. Losing him would be a huge blow. jmo

I don't think he is going anywhere. His name is out there now. People know his talent. He can stay and be a part of what could be the best team we've ever had and leave a huge, Chad like legacy. No only that, but up his stock with a good year. I think DD knows this and will try to get him to stay. Losing him would be a huge blow. jmo

I'm not knocking your concept here, but it is ironic how coaches and players often do not think in terms of loyalty and/or wanting to leave a legacy the way fans do.

Let's just hope Elmore doesn't have an agent like the one working for Chase.

Reactions: CarolinaHerdzilla
I'm not knocking your concept here, but it is ironic how coaches and players often do not think in terms of loyalty and/or wanting to leave a legacy the way fans do.

Let's just hope Elmore doesn't have an agent like the one working for Chase.

I'm not saying it is going to happen but people need to be prepared for Jon to leave as a GT. It's just how things work in today's college basketball world.

If it happens, I hope our fans are gracious about it. Kid did a lot for our program and hes earned the right to do what is best for him.

I'm not saying it is going to happen but people need to be prepared for Jon to leave as a GT. It's just how things work in today's college basketball world.

If it happens, I hope our fans are gracious about it. Kid did a lot for our program and hes earned the right to do what is best for him.
Are there legs to this rumor? I have actually heard this but discounted it as just wild speculation....

To summarize:

Friday Evening - Elmore has a spectacular day against Wichita.
Herd Nation posters ecstatic over Elmore. Best shooting guard in the country, NBA lottery pick.

Monday Morning - Elmore has a bad day, after spending two hours on the court against Jevon Carter (1st team all Defensive player) and the rest of the stout WVU defense.
Herd Nation posters upset over Elmore. Can't play against the big boys, won't be able to play pro ball, transferring out, better stay at Marshall because he can't play against decent competition.

Just wondering, with Jon's talent, and his national burst of fame with the first round win, what's the chances of him giving up his senior year and trying out the NBA draft? Has anyone heard anything?
He didn't handle the fame well at all. He is no where near ready for the NBA.

I call bullsh*t. He may not be a first-rounder, or even a starter, but there's a place in the league for someone with his range and ability to set other people up to score.
Its his lack of ability to defend. Yes he does at time shoot the ball well. This country is full of kids shooting the long ball. Heck that's all they do. 3 point line is something I'm not a fan of unless Its backed way back. Elmore can hit those 40 footers.

Its his lack of ability to defend. Yes he does at time shoot the ball well. This country is full of kids shooting the long ball. Heck that's all they do. 3 point line is something I'm not a fan of unless Its backed way back. Elmore can hit those 40 footers.
You only need to play defense in the NBA the last two minutes of any game. Have you not watched the NBA for the last 15 years?

Reactions: ThunderCat98
How is that? Just curious as to why.
He already plays in a NBA style system. He is assured a starting position here. He just needs to develop in a few areas yet if he hopes to make it to the next level. If he stays he could end up being listed as one of the all time greats to ever play at Marshall. That may or may not be a big deal to him.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Another inaccurate cliche
Don't piss me off, Duke. I picked Duke to win the title in my bracket, so I hold the power to put the whammy on them. You know as well as I do that the defense is picked up dramatically in the final minutes of an NBA game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT