ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN basketball

cottrell75

Platinum Buffalo
Jan 22, 2016
Huntington Prep is getting ready to play IMG Academy on ESPN. We have the majority of what gets broadcast via FB/Stadium for the 2 major sports.

Nope.

Typical entitled MU casual fan attitude. “I want every game on ESPN Mothership”.

I don’t know, but I would wager that the entire rights fee $$ ESPN pays for ALL of its HS material, basketball and football, would not make a good down payment on a Hyundai. They had some interns cover a game on what amounts to the next step above filming it on their iPhones. Rah, Rah, Rah.

In college, CUSA, like all the conferences (including the Mountain West including Boise State, which just signed a 100% ESPN-free TV deal) have to go where they can get the $$ to compete. For CUSA, that was CBS, Stadium, and the NFLN. And ESPN Plus. And, BTW, 100% of MU football games, and, even in this lost season, all but one basketball game, will be on some kind of video. Pretty good.

MU is probably never going to have an ESPN centric contract. Facts. Deal with it.

BTW, WVU just signed a new deal, partly in place this year, and fully in place next year, which has at least one, and as many as four, football games on ESPN Plus internet; and at least six, and as many as 10 basketball games on the same. Ranked (Sweet 16 looking IMHO) WVU - ranked Kansas (also Sweet 16 looking, down year) Kansas was on the internet. At least among the WVU people I know, I heard no bitching about it.

When the Spamites are more realistic than you are, you need to think about it.

BTW, WVU just signed a new deal, partly in place this year, and fully in place next year, which has at least one, and as many as four, football games on ESPN Plus internet; and at least six, and as many as 10 basketball games on the same. Ranked (Sweet 16 looking IMHO) WVU - ranked Kansas (also Sweet 16 looking, down year) Kansas was on the internet. At least among the WVU people I know, I heard no bitching about it.
This season, both games against Kansas, both games against Baylor, and the Texas Tech game in Lubbock are all on ESPN+. Arguably, those are the 5 most important Big XII hoops matchups this season for WVU. I don't think this is coincidental. If you want to watch WVU hoops going forward, you will have to pay the $4.99 a month. Football is trending that way as well. There was some bitching at first, but everyone seems to have accepted the new lay of the land.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT