ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Prediction Bump

herdalicious

Platinum Buffalo
Apr 3, 2007
Xanadu
Looks like last night's win bumped up our credit with the soulless and cruel AI that inhabits ESPN.com: the game-by-game win probability estimates now favor us to win every game until FAU, and then finish the season 9-3 after losing to UTSA.

Worth noting: last week we were favored in 6 of our remaining 9 games (at that time), but the percentage differences were much more narrow on those wins.

I realize that what happens in the theoretical world and what happens in this one are often two very different things, but pantsing those hapless fools apparently won us some digital street cred.

Looks like last night's win bumped up our credit with the soulless and cruel AI that inhabits ESPN.com: the game-by-game win probability estimates now favor us to win every game until FAU, and then finish the season 9-3 after losing to UTSA.

Worth noting: last week we were favored in 6 of our remaining 9 games (at that time), but the percentage differences were much more narrow on those wins.

I realize that what happens in the theoretical world and what happens in this one are often two very different things, but pantsing those hapless fools apparently won us some digital street cred.

9-3 after 3-9 would be a pretty ridiculous turnaround. Would set us up for a potentially huge 2018.

I was having this conversation with a friend a few weeks ago (before Kent State) and I said, "Man, 2019 is going to be bonkers."

"But who's gonna be the QB?" he said.

"Who said anything about offense?"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT