ADVERTISEMENT

FAU opens -4

jmillj

Green Buffalo
May 6, 2005
Seems like a fair spread. Over/under is 59 which means they're thinking something in the range of 31 to 27 or 28.
My additional initial thoughts I posted on the free board, that seem appropriate for point-spread discussion...

As for the matchup, it should be an interesting test, as FAU's weakness seems to be their pass D. They've given up over 200 yards to every opponent, including Wagner. The average given up per game is 272 yards. But, they do get their share of INTs with 8 for the season (compared to our 2).
Their strength is the offensive passing game, with 270 yards per game. And, before the last two games, their rushing offense was really bad (103 yards per game). But, they've had 236 and 203 the past two games.

I look at their UCF loss as equivelent to our blowout loss to Cincy. They played Ball State tight (possibly their equivelent to our Ohio game). You could argue that our outcome vs. Middle Tennessee SHOULD have been the similar to theirs (with our 600 yards of offense, but failure to convert points). If you use Middle as the measuring stick, I don't see them being out of our league by any means.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News