ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL PICK THE SCORE THREAD FAU

I would love to see us break 40 against a conference opponent. We haven't done that since Oct of 2018 when we beat ODU 42-20 and the last time before that was in Nov of 2015 when we beat MTSU 42-17.

I've read Doc isn't a fan of running up the score since he's been on the other side of it.
What are your thoughts on that?
MU has won their games, and statistically, controlled pretty much all of them. All you'd need to do is show a quick stat sheet to anyone and they'd see MU doesn't necessarily have to run the score up.

But also...to hell with CUSA, bury all of them!!!

I've read Doc isn't a fan of running up the score since he's been on the other side of it.
What are your thoughts on that?
MU has won their games, and statistically, controlled pretty much all of them. All you'd need to do is show a quick stat sheet to anyone and they'd see MU doesn't necessarily have to run the score up.

But also...to hell with CUSA, bury all of them!!!
I don't like holding back for several reasons. Why kill your momentum for one. I go back to what Steve Spurrior and Urban Myer have said. Spurrior said it's the defenses job to stop him and Urban was asked after a game against Miami when his third string QB threw a bomb. He echoed was Spurrior had said and also said that 3rd string QB comes to practice every day and works just as hard as everyone else. So how can he tell him just to go out there and hand it off and run clock. He said now that kid can tell his grandkids that he threw a TD against Miami.

Not running up the score because you're afraid it may happen to you one day is just a pansy outlook. Here's a thought. Don't allow your teams to get so bad that they get trounced by 30+ points.

To you point on just showing them a stat sheet. I can't remember who it was, but some writer said we fought a hard fought game to get the win. In this day and age, especially in the G5, you need to put up as many points as you can. That's how UCF made their name.

I don't like holding back for several reasons. Why kill your momentum for one. I go back to what Steve Spurrior and Urban Myer have said. Spurrior said it's the defenses job to stop him and Urban was asked after a game against Miami when his third string QB threw a bomb. He echoed was Spurrior had said and also said that 3rd string QB comes to practice every day and works just as hard as everyone else. So how can he tell him just to go out there and hand it off and run clock. He said now that kid can tell his grandkids that he threw a TD against Miami.

Not running up the score because you're afraid it may happen to you one day is just a pansy outlook. Here's a thought. Don't allow your teams to get so bad that they get trounced by 30+ points.

To you point on just showing them a stat sheet. I can't remember who it was, but some writer said we fought a hard fought game to get the win. In this day and age, especially in the G5, you need to put up as many points as you can. That's how UCF made their name.
the one team I would run it up on EVERY TIME is WKU. Everyone else I would cut them some slack. WKU -never

Reactions: BleedsGreen33

the one team I would run it up on EVERY TIME is WKU. Everyone else I would cut them some slack. WKU -never

At the end of the WKU game, after they did all that madness with onsides kicks and going for it on 4th, desperately trying to add points to the board, Doc called timeout with 0:03 on the clock.

That is how Doc teabags you.

At the end of the WKU game, after they did all that madness with onsides kicks and going for it on 4th, desperately trying to add points to the board, Doc called timeout with 0:03 on the clock.

That is how Doc teabags you.

And Im okay with that... I think you have to take running up the score game by game... If you are leaving your starters in up 30+ in the fourth quarter, that's a dick move. If you pull your starters in the third and still wax a team 73-7 like Clemson did to Ga. Tech last week (with a bunch of second and third team guys) then so be it.

Either way, it depends on the game, I don't feel like we purposely ran it up on EKU and we won 59-0... If we did that to a CUSA team, outside of WKU of course, I might feel differently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT