ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Atlantic wants to win at all costs.....

Dec 30, 2005
First by hiring a big name coach with a shady past -

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...ne-kiffin-coaching-candidates-next-job-102816

Next by signing a QB that was dismissed from Florida State for punching a woman -

And considering hiring Kendal Briles who has recently been under investigation by the NCAA for recruiting violations while at Baylor -

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...ed-ncaa-ruled-committed-recruiting-violations

It seems FAU is building a dirty program from the ground up.

Cool Story, Buzz...

and in typical Ear fashion, nice jab at us with Briles. We get it. We know you don't want to see us get back to 2014 offensive stats.

Cool Story, Buzz...

and in typical Ear fashion, nice jab at us with Briles. We get it. We know you don't want to see us get back to 2014 offensive stats.

You can do that without Kendal Briles and the baggage he carries. The 2014 stats you mention were gotten with your current coaches, they can do it again given the right personnel. Not that it matters, I think Kendal will end up with Kiffin at FAU. And FWIW, I don't enjoy seeing your team down like it was this past season.

Last edited:
Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
You can do that without Kendal Briles and the baggage he carries. The 2014 stats you mention were gotten with your current coaches, they can do it again given the right personnel. Not that it matters, I think Kendal will end up with Kiffin at FAU. And FWIW, I don't enjoy seeing your team down like it was this past season.

*Didnt watch us play the last 3 years, Or hear our play calls being called all over the stadium by fans and the opposing team

Old Buzz - think I mentioned this the other day in another thread , the fact Kiffin had signed the kid from FSU.

Just have to wonder how long Kiff stays as well as how long it takes for the NCAA to show up.

Per his attorney, Johsnon has participated in community service, and faith-based programs focused on battered women, substance abuse, and the empowerment of children.

He made a bad decision at a bar and I'm not sure why he shouldn't get a second chance... Goodness knows 25% are guys are here because we gave them a 2nd chance.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Innocent until found guilty. Wish doc would get us some thugs that get cleared. Every year doc runs off 7 or 8 players a year so at least get some talented player. Hats off to kiffin on his new job and i dont like him. He might be humbled playing in conference usa instead of the sec. He could be a great coach.

"fedale, post: 429240, member: 430"]Per his attorney, Johsnon has participated in community service, and faith-based programs focused on battered women, substance abuse, and the empowerment of children.

Considering all of that I am surprised he has not decided to become a Priest.

I am all for giving kids a chance but sometimes all you do by doing that is give them another opportunity in another area to eventually do the same thing. This kid hopefully realizes that the lights are all over him , one false move and ..well this is Kiffin , normally one additional issue would do it.

And true Marshall has obviously had more than its share of stellar citizens and students over the years...as well as continues to bring those of questionable backgrounds and academic stature into the fold but this move by Johnson , wow thats pretty serious not like throwing beer bottles at the Mickey D sign.

Point is , once in a great while one of these types will work out , too many times they do not and that is what many are tired of.

Would much rather be known as a sound program where the kids stay out of trouble for the most part , go to class and graduate vs one that is pretty well known as one that will take anyone , if all else fails contact Marshall.

And what makes it worse is with all the misfits we are not even a factor on the national scene.

I am surprised we were not after Johnson.

Last edited:
Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
It would be easier for me to say this kid should be drawn and quartered if it wasn't for the fact that at the 0:05 mark, he appears to calmly ask another girl to step aside so he can get to the bar.

You gotta exercise restraint, its never okay to hit a woman, but I don't see anything in this video to indicate the guy's a bad dude or a trouble maker, just somebody who got provoked into a huge mistake.

Stan threw at the BK sign, Bernie threw his beer bottle at a female.

Thing about Bernie is that I don't think he has had a history of significant trouble since MU. Played for many years in Arena League, I believe, and hopefully has been otherwise gainfully employed and a "solid" citizen who learned, and matured, from his troubles at MU.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Lane Kiffin and Briles working together? This has the potential to really backfire on FAU or it just may be a match made in Heaven.

It seems FAU is building a dirty program from the ground up.

What FAU is doing is going all in. It made a huge mistake by adding football. No one cares about it. It is a tiny blip in the whole south Florida environment. (Same can be said about FIU, of course.)

So it is going with NCAA cheats (Lame at USC AND Tennessee, Briles at Baylor) and thuging up. The goal is to get somebody, anybody to come to the games.

The result?

Most likely Lame fails. Lame is a career failure.

Or Lame has a little success and moves on, probably leaving FAU on probation.

What is certain is no body cares. FAU/FIU in the 10th largest accumulation of people on the planet cannot draw 5K to a game. If Lame goes 12-0, it still won't.

I see both schools dropping football within the decade.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT