ADVERTISEMENT

Football schedule released

RhinoD

Gold Buffalo
Mar 7, 2007
Just got the Big Green email, as Im sure most of you did, here is next year's football schedule...

9.2 -- Albany
9.9 -- at East Carolina
9.23 -- Virginia Tech
9.30 -- ODU
10.7 -- at NC State
10.14 -- at Georgia State
10.19 -- James Madison
10.28 -- at Coastal Carolina
11.4 -- at Appalachian State
11.11 -- Georgia Southern
11.18 -- at South Alabama
11.25 -- Arkansas State

Some too quick observations... JMU, Coastal and App all back-to-back-to-back is tough, especially with two on the road... Good news is only one mid-week game and it's at home against JMU on a Thursday night.

Anybody know what happened to Central Conn on Sept 16? Which one took their place? Previously released non-con schedules showed that game on that date.

I was hoping to make a HerdCyclones doubleheader that weekend. The Cyclones play at Athens on Sept 16 and was hoping game times didn't cross, and I could make the roadie out to catch both teams. But alas not.

Anybody know what happened to Central Conn on Sept 16? Which one took their place? Previously released non-con schedules showed that game on that date.

I was hoping to make a HerdCyclones doubleheader that weekend. The Cyclones play at Athens on Sept 16 and was hoping game times didn't cross, and I could make the roadie out to catch both teams. But alas not.
Albany

Reactions: Herdcyclones
very tough schedule! 6 tough games over 9 weeks- @ECU, NC State, Coastal, AppSt and VA Tech & JMU at home. If we do well, it could get us ranked!

Yep, right now I'd say an 8, maybe 9, wins against that schedule would be a pretty good overall regular season. Two games against Power foes and a road game at ECU plus conference road games at Appy, Coastal C., and South Alabama. Not many "gimmes" in that bunch!!

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I say we shoot for a 11-1ish season land in top 15, win a decent bowl game, use the success to recruit, make another 11/12 win season and compete for the championship… would be awesome playing in a playoff game instead of just another bowl game.. C’mon Trick Daddy take us to victory!!

Reactions: Elkview
This is our most challenging schedule in the past few years... It's too early for record predictions with so many unknowns (especially on defense). If all of our new additions pan out on defense, the offensive line improves, and Ali has a big year, I could see us going 9-3... If the defense takes a big step back, and the offensive line struggles, I could see 5-7.

Huff, Tricket and our new DC are going to be earning their checks this year for sure.

I could see Va Tech being a sellout if we win the first two and the AD actually plays it up in the local media. Get the average fans to come out.

I could see Va Tech being a sellout if we win the first two and the AD actually plays it up in the local media. Get the average fans to come out.
The last time VaTech came to Huntington the Endzone seats were empty but Im holding out hope this year.

This is our most challenging schedule in the past few years... It's too early for record predictions with so many unknowns (especially on defense). If all of our new additions pan out on defense, the offensive line improves, and Ali has a big year, I could see us going 9-3... If the defense takes a big step back, and the offensive line struggles, I could see 5-7.

Huff, Tricket and our new DC are going to be earning their checks this year for sure.
Yea I'm going to need to see how much Fancher progresses between the bowl game and the end of Spring Camp before I can confidently make any type of prediction.

We also have replace Gammage who was our #1 WR.
The OLine was questionable following ND.
We also lost some pretty important defensive pieces including two safeties.
We have a new DC.
Kicking was pretty sub par last season too.

The only known commodity right now is Rasheen Ali and I pray we don't run him into the ground like we did Devon Johnson in 2015.

Last edited:
I thought we hired a new DC? And wasn’t there something about Gammage returning? The closer we get to turning the clocks forward, the more I forget.

Yea I'm going to need to see how much Fancher progresses between the bowl game and the end of Spring Camp before I can confidently make any type of prediction.

We also have replace Gammage who was our #1 WR.
The OLine was questionable following ND.
We also lost some pretty important defensive pieces including two safeties.
We still don't have a DC yet or did I miss that announcement?
Kicking was pretty sub par last season too.

The only known commodity right now is Rasheen Ali and I pray we don't run him into the ground like we did Devon Johnson in 2015.
New DC is Jason Semore... He was the LB coach at Georgia Tech and before that the DC at Montana.

Hopefully Verhoff improves in year two... I didn't realize it until I went and looked at the kicking stats from last year, he was 13/20 and didn't make a kick over 40 yards. Yikes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT