ADVERTISEMENT

From game coordination of band, PA announcer, cheerleaders (simple answer), to tacky Harley, to mino

Herd Insider

Green Buffalo
Dec 29, 2013
From game coordination of band, PA announcer, cheerleaders (simple answer), to tacky Harley, to minor league intermission stunts (money blowing around in box), to thug music, to very loud PA that assaults the ears, to insecurity about playing "Take me Home Country Roads" (which the opposing fans would be thrilled to hear), to tired band music, to the apparent dismissal of the thunder clap (which, if coordinated, would be effective), to failure to use south end zone as a "Club" for the cool alcohol crowd, to the failure to coordinate "lightning" on the video screen WHILE the drums beat while the fans scream THUNDER while the song Thunderstruck plays while the team enters (imagine the effect it would have!), to the dismissal of We Are Marshall at basketball games, to the inept 70's student recruiting model, to the failure to understand the politics of education, to the selection of another ho hum old white guy for President, to the BOG remaining parochial instead of national and/or international, to the failure to exploit for student recruiting the nationally recognized forensics program, to failure to place that cool tractor trailer in every state festival and parade in WV (and the State Fair) with cool forensic experiments for kids, to the failure to have a state outreach program (summer exercise in all counties) to the _____________ (fill in the blank).

Last edited:
Herd Insider...You are spot on. However, you will be receiving a letter of dismissal from our current AD......

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte (G. Sweeney)

Reactions: Sash19
Someone (and after repeated complaints on this board regarding the announcer) needs to tell Mr. Kirtner 1) please lower volume; 2) do not play when the band is trying to play; 3) do not play when the official is trying to explain a replay; 4) to the athletic department the guy cheerleading on the field - well put him with the cheerleaders.

Someone (and after repeated complaints on this board regarding the announcer) needs to tell Mr. Kirtner 1) please lower volume; 2) do not play when the band is trying to play; 3) do not play when the official is trying to explain a replay; 4) to the athletic department the guy cheerleading on the field - well put him with the cheerleaders.

Kirtner is not the football public address announcer.

I wanna see them fight, to raise money. bare knuckles too The mightyHerd Insider vs The Mouth Mike Hammrick,,,,ps. for what its worth hammrick was a good linebacker.

You sure about that GreenDuke? I'm not. I figured since he yells in the microphone at the Henderson Center he did likewise at the Joan.

In case, most people, including Mike Hamrick, don't know, about 98% of the people who have attended MU home football and basketball games in the last few years ALMOST AUTOMATICALLY TUNE OUT PA PEOPLE, BE IT KIRTNER, JASON TOY, ETC., ETC., AND WHATEVER THEY SAY, TRY TO PROMOTE, TO HAWK, ETC., ETC.

The game music is a disgrace. Families with children don't like to be subjected to such vulgarities. Whomever selects it is an idiot!

This is a good point. At the UofL game I am pretty sure I heard "bitch" and "nigga" in the music, and I really wasn't paying attention to it. I have no problem with rap, other than I think today's rap sucks, but at least play the "clean" version.

Reactions: Elkview
The music is atrocious at the stadium. Rap today sucks anyway but some of the lyrics I heard over the PA is not appropriate for an event like that. It's like they let undergrads play their playlists or something. Totally has a feel that grad students or something are in charge of that stuff.

Do they still play music requested by the players. That was the norm for several years.

That may be why you hear the music you hear on the field prior to the game. As for hearing some of the more colorful metaphors, yeah they haven't always been bleeped out. Someone probably needs to check that a little closer. I'm sorry though...watching old ladies get hyped up to ni***s in Paris never gets old!

Reactions: Marshallgirl15
All MU needs to do is drive up north to see how real football gamedays are done. Our gamedays are an embarrassment comparatively, from the intro videos to the awful sound system to the lack of fan involvement to being 3-9

Herd Insider - first problem is you ( Marshall) have to realize and understand there is a problem.

When the AD thinks the appearance of everything from top to bottom regarding the two major programs is fine , there in lies a major issue.

So , again , back to an issue with the guy at the top.

Considering Marshall and the never ending money woes , when you spend money on the appearance of your football stadium , basketball arena , uniforms , logo's etc..you better spend it wisely as well as correctly as Marshall has to live with mistakes for many many years regardless of whomever is the sitting AD.

Last edited:
I'll throw in my two cents as well.

The National Anthem- The band's version the past two years makes it sound like a funeral dirge. That minor key, slow paced performance is just depressing. Pep it up

The team entrance. Seems to go on forever. By the time the team enters, it 's like they've whipped a dead horse.
You want to see how to pace a team entrance? See Virginia Tech's.

I heard several MFers in the PA pregame "music" as well this year.

It's almost as if all the staff grabs a drink and a popcorn and sits down in their cushy seats in the AD's box just before pregame and just let it happen. Absolutely no effort on game coordination. It's all relegated to IMG whose only goal is to maximize profits. Which is in total conflict with a powerful game day experience.

Reactions: Thundering Herb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT