ADVERTISEMENT

Fvck this Covid

Lost one on my case load yesterday evening. The virus is brutal on people with Down Syndrome. Lots of sad people here today.

Didn't know that but it make sense. Sorry for the loss. Those individuals can be so childlike and innocent which makes them so likeable to be around so I can only imagine how attached you and others were.

• Sad
Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Lost one on my case load yesterday evening. The virus is brutal on people with Down Syndrome. Lots of sad people here today.

Excuse me if I am not my usual board persona for a few days.
We lost two at work about a year ago. A couple others survived but aren’t really what they used to be.
My wife’s grandpa has terminal lung cancer, so catching covid would be very, very bad (on top of him being in his 80s). Despite this, his daughter (my MIL) and wife won’t get vaccinated. He is at least, but the chemo is going to compromise his immune system, and every person around him that doesn’t is a disaster waiting to happen.
This shit sucks.

Last edited:

Excuse me if I am not my usual board persona for a few days.

Sorry to hear this.

I've lost a gazillion patients, but one I think of often is this 21 year old Down Syndrome kid I had while I was an intern during the H1N1 pandemic. Poor little overweight dude, happy as can be. It was so demoralizing...nothing we did worked - antivirals, ventilator, nothing....

I've heard about so many people losing so many co-workers, neighbors, and patients. My wife has lost friends and acquaintances who were in their 20s. It's hard to believe that there are people out there that would call this a scamdemic.

• Sad
It's hard to believe that there are people out there that would call this a scamdemic.

I honestly send my condolences, but there were always underlying conditions.

The damn underlying conditions are what killed. It sucks that if you like to live, you're going to die anyway. I'd donate what's left of my life right now to anyone and take a damn bullet, but I can not get over shutting down the world for this stuff.

Making what little life we have suck beyond belief, for this shit?

I mean hell, it didn't even work. We did all this shit and people still died of it anyway. Because they were going to anyway. I don't mean to be shitty about it, but damn. Nobody lives forever.

I am unhealthy as f--k and could die of this thing too if I get it. It would be my other unhealthy shit that kills me. Not this.

Thanks everyone. It's hard, we have been having to comfort a lot of her peers today. Can't even give them a hug with this damn pandemic. They can't hug each other here. It's terrible.
Those individuals can be so childlike and innocent which makes them so likeable to be around
Oh she was absolutely rotten lol. What a firecracker. Which made me love her more. That's the weird thing about my job, the ones that can be a pain the butt are usually the ones I end up liking the most...and I am not the only one in this field that is that way. And they are often the ones that self advocate the best, which is something I really stress to them; speak up, get in good trouble for yourself! Even though she got in actual trouble too lol. But man she had a big heart too. A friend to her all peers...even when she dragged them along to being up to no good. Just one of a kind. I'll never forget her.
I've lost a gazillion patients, but one I think of often is this 21 year old Down Syndrome kid I had while I was an intern during the H1N1 pandemic. Poor little overweight dude, happy as can be. It was so demoralizing...nothing we did worked - antivirals, ventilator, nothing....
Times like this it really is true, life ain't fair.

I honestly send my condolences, but there were always underlying conditions.

The damn underlying conditions are what killed. It sucks that if you like to live, you're going to die anyway. I'd donate what's left of my life right now to anyone and take a damn bullet, but I can not get over shutting down the world for this stuff.

Making what little life we have suck beyond belief, for this shit?

I mean hell, it didn't even work. We did all this shit and people still died of it anyway. Because they were going to anyway. I don't mean to be shitty about it, but damn. Nobody lives forever.

I am unhealthy as f--k and could die of this thing too if I get it. It would be my other unhealthy shit that kills me. Not this.

If a person with hemophilia is shot for no reason and bleeds out and dies, but they probably wouldn’t have died without the hemophilia, did the person who shot them murder them?

Reactions: GK4Herd
Oh she was absolutely rotten lol. What a firecracker. Which made me love her more. That's the weird thing about my job, the ones that can be a pain the butt are usually the ones I end up liking the most

Knowing your personality I'm not really surprised by that...😉😀

• Haha
If a person with hemophilia is shot for no reason and bleeds out and dies, but they probably wouldn’t have died without the hemophilia, did the person who shot them murder them?

How the hell does that compare to this?

See, this is a waste of time but I still have it to waste I guess. Everything is a waste of time. This definitely is.

Would you really be OK with the rest of our lives this way? I'm serious, if this is forever I have to do something else or die. I can't live in mask land and shutdown land.

Reactions: i am herdman
I have no doubt that this virus was man made and concocted. Just for reasons like this. It is going to go on and on, maybe forever. There is no logic to it. They know it came from a lab and I believe some of our people were involved. this thing was man made.

I also am starting to wonder if the people that have taken the vaccine are spreading it. If half the country or more is vaccinated how is spreading now? Then another larger percentage have had covid and should have natural immunity. It is probably as bad as it was when it started. There were more unvaccinated people last year and it seems more are getting it now.

I understand Kate's point to a degree. We have to go on living at some point. I don't want to go on living in mask land and shut down land and fear land.

How the hell does that compare to this?

See, this is a waste of time but I still have it to waste I guess. Everything is a waste of time. This definitely is.

Would you really be OK with the rest of our lives this way? I'm serious, if this is forever I have to do something else or die. I can't live in mask land and shutdown land.
My only point was to say it is stupid to say Covid didn’t kill all those people. Yeah preexisting conditions make it was worse. That doesn’t change Covid’s death toll.

We know less than zero about all this stuff. I'm convinced our government knows a lot more than they are letting on because they think the truth is worse.
Exactly. They were doing experiments and it went bad or the Chinese did it on purpose.

I mean our FBI heroes knew about Nassar and ignored McKayla Maroney's testimony.

Our government is so incompetent and moronic it's scary.
But they can put a fence around the capital. To protect themselves and try to cause panic. MORONS

So NOW we know why the orange jesus wanted to build a wall....to cause panic. Morons.
No that was to keep illegals out which is a constitutional duty of the executive branch and a real problem. have you seen the latest pictures from the border? Gonna quickly be millions of them coming in here illegally and unvaccinated.

No that was to keep illegals out which is a constitutional duty of the executive branch and a real problem. have you seen the latest pictures from the border? Gonna quickly be millions of them coming in here illegally and unvaccinated.
So NOW we know why the orange jesus wanted to build a wall....to cause panic. Morons. It worked on you.

I mean our FBI heroes knew about Nassar and ignored McKayla Maroney's testimony.
In fairness to the FBI, I also wouldn’t hear a thing Maroney said, because I’d be visualizing me pounding her each time she spoke.

FThanks everyone. It's hard, we have been having to comfort a lot of her peers today. Can't even give them a hug with this damn pandemic. They can't hug each other here. It's terrible.

Screw that. That’s the problem with this pandemic. People need socialization especially at times like that. Give your people a hug. It’s what they need.

Reactions: KyMUfan
Screw that. That’s the problem with this pandemic. People need socialization especially at times like that. Give your people a hug. It’s what they need.
In theory I agree. But when you have 80 people of varying levels of understanding coming through the doors you need to be consistent. We have to set the example. We enforce social distancing because otherwise we would not be open, which would lead to even less socialization. I did give a lot of pats on the back yesterday.

And I will be blunt: there are home services providers that are being very careless with this pandemic. Cross infecting homes with staffing (this is why my dear firecracker is dead), precautions not being followed, shit like that. It's a shit show at one in particular (and she lived in one of their homes)...but they are big enough to get away with damn near anything (and anyone familiar with this field knows which large national company I am talking about). Fvcking negligence. They sent one with a pending test in last week*, of course they learned he was positive while he was here, they sent the van to get him and his housemates with the entire rest of the housemates in the van, no one masked. Two of them in the van are in their late 70s. Zero fvcks given. This is why we have to give extra fvcks here.

I am beyond mad. I can report stuff to the state but nothing ever gets done. There's a lot with the system I am not happy with, it fails people.

* Edit: You think it would be important to let us know someone needed testing, and keep him home too. Nope, they didn't tell us shit and sent him in. No fever and no cough at the door so we let him in. Idiots. And HIPAA is no excuse, we are members of their teams and health info is shared, with forms stating such signed.

Last edited:
Reactions: KyMUfan
In theory I agree. But when you have 80 people of varying levels of understanding coming through the doors you need to be consistent. We have to set the example. We enforce social distancing because otherwise we would not be open, which would lead to even less socialization. I did give a lot of pats on the back yesterday.

And I will be blunt: there are home services providers that are being very careless with this pandemic. Cross infecting homes with staffing (this is why my dear firecracker is dead), precautions not being followed, shit like that. It's a shit show at one in particular (and she lived in one of their homes)...but they are big enough to get away with damn near anything (and anyone familiar with this field knows which large national company I am talking about). Fvcking negligence. They sent a one with a pending test in last week, of course they learned he was positive while he was here, they sent the van to get him and his housemates with the entire rest of the housemates in the van, no one masked. Two of them in the van are in their late 70s. Zero fvcks given. This is why we have to give extra fvcks here.

I am beyond mad. I can report stuff to the state but nothing ever gets done. There's a lot with the system I am not happy with, it fails people.
I’m not disagreeing people can be careless I hug in times like this can go a long way. Personally I’d give a hug then start socially distancing.

ADVERTISEMENT