ADVERTISEMENT

Game against Arkansas

These comments are nauseating
Sorry.
pride-rainbow.gif

This has been a long (time and distance) road swing for this team. They've won two close conference games back-to-back where they've had to battle down the stretch to get over the line. So, yeah. Good win.
I am happy they overcame it, but am worried if they have to to grind it out in overtime with the worst team in the conference.

They didn’t grind it out in overtime, they outscored them 11-0 to start the overtime period and won going away. They did a good job of exploiting our switching On defense. Kinsey scored the first 4 baskets of the OT after missing most of the first with 2 fouls, he finally started playing to his strength, the mid range jumper.

Just a cursory glance at the schedule would say the three remaining games that will decide MU's seeding for the conference tournament are --

at Louisiana Lafayette
Troy
at JMU

We should win the next 3 (two at home) and be 20-4 going into the final stretch.

I don't really care what seed we have in the conference. I would almost rather play the underdog role. Just win the damn thing.

I don't really care what seed we have in the conference. I would almost rather play the underdog role. Just win the damn thing.
Being a top 4 seed matters... Playing an extra game in the tournament is a big hole to dig out of.

And we still have a chance to win the regular season, which guarantees at least a spot in the NIT.

Next road trip is to Appy and Louisiana, IIRC. Need to do no worse than 1-1, IMO, with those 2 if we want to finish the regular season in a top 4 slot. No way, again IMO, should we lose road games at Coastal and GA State. Hopefully we win out in games left at the CAM. Regarding the Coastal Game, they recently lost at HOME to Chicago State, whom the HERD beat earlier this season. Chicago State may be one of the 2 or 3 worst D1 teams we face all season!!

Next road trip is to Appy and Louisiana, IIRC. Need to do no worse than 1-1, IMO, with those 2 if we want to finish the regular season in a top 4 slot. No way, again IMO, should we lose road games at Coastal and GA State. Hopefully we win out in games left at the CAM. Regarding the Coastal Game, they recently lost at HOME to Chicago State, whom the HERD beat earlier this season. Chicago State may be one of the 2 or 3 worst D1 teams we face all season!!
Considering how awful App State looked against us the first time there is no reason to think they will be competitive the second time around... It's not like they just had a bad shooting night, we were more talented at every single position.

Realistically, barring injury, this team should finish no worse than 23-7 in the regular season and that is if we lose all 3 of the tossup games left on the schedule.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
ADVERTISEMENT