ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread WKU @ HERD

West always looks outmatched when we play decent competition.

I also would like to see Taylor with the ball in his hands more than West.

Reactions: KyMUfan
Much improvement from Friday's game against WKU but we still struggle shooting the ball consistently. 2-17 from three in the second half 😕

Jannson killed us today. Why let him keep throwing up bricks over & over? And I’m talking uncontested 3’s. 2-13 & 1-9 from range....... it’s insane....live by the 3 die by it, I guess. We shouldn’t have been given possession at the end / Mikel def touched it last. We just stunk it up 2nd half.

Reactions: alphasig1053
Much better than Friday but the shooting was atrocious. Sometimes that’s the D but today, many of those shots were wide open.

Couldn’t score against their 2-3 zone. Will see that again on down the road. Hope it doesn’t become what MTSU’s 1-3-1 was to us a few years back.

But a lot of the “controllables” including defense were much, much better.

Taylor had a heck of a game attacking the rim.

Reactions: HerdFan2018
Jannson killed us today. Why let him keep throwing up bricks over & over? And I’m talking uncontested 3’s. 2-13 & 1-9 from range....... it’s insane....live by the 3 die by it, I guess. We shouldn’t have been given possession at the end / Mikel def touched it last. We just stunk it up 2nd half.
I was wondering about about Jannson's 3 pt shooting percentage and looked it up. Though he slumped to 28.3% last year, his current year (before today's game) is comparable to his other two years. It doesn't seem like that though. He seems to have several games where he is 2-4 but also has games where he is 0-4 or 1-5. It sure doesn't seem like he shoots in the high 30s does it?

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
We just aren’t that good. I didn’t even bother to watch either game because I figured we’d lose both.

We should have been really good this year a mid started out that way but reality caught up. No consistent outside shooters.

Reactions: johns1124
We just aren’t that good. I didn’t even bother to watch either game because I figured we’d lose both.

We should have been really good this year a mid started out that way but reality caught up. No consistent outside shooters.
Props to you for not bothering watching, man. Really makes your analysis of the team that much more reliable.
This take is trash though. WKU is a legit mid-major with wins over 3 top 100 teams including the best team in the SEC right now and a first round pic who has a chance to play himself into the lottery. But you wouldn’t know that by not watching.

Props to you for not bothering watching, man. Really makes your analysis of the team that much more reliable.
This take is trash though. WKU is a legit mid-major with wins over 3 top 100 teams including the best team in the SEC right now and a first round pic who has a chance to play himself into the lottery. But you wouldn’t know that by not watching.

I watch almost every game. I actually recorded Fridays game but after seeing the score I didn’t watch. These are the 1st two that I haven’t watched or listened to. I get it that WKU is good, but they aren’t world beaters. Charlotte beat them. How many times has WKU beat us in a row now (4 or 5)?

I hope I’m wrong, but we will probably finish 3rd or 4th in the conference like we usually do. Is there time to turn it around-yes. Do I hope they do-yes.

I just hate losing to WKU and didn’t want to watch it 2 times in 3 days.

This take is trash though. WKU is a legit mid-major with wins over 3 top 100 teams

I watched it and I agree. We aren't very good.

3 top 100 teams? Alabama was a nice win, but you better look at No. Iowa and Memphis record this year.
I noticed you didn't bother mentioning the losses to Charlotte and La. Tech on W. Kentucky home floor.

To quote another poster: "Danny would never gotten into a NBA game without buying a Ticket if his brother wasn't the HEAD COACH!! ".

Last edited:
Reactions: herd66
I watched it and I agree. We aren't very good.

3 top 100 teams? Alabama was a nice win, but you better look at No. Iowa and Memphis record this year.
I noticed you didn't bother mentioning the losses to Charlotte and La. Tech on W. Kentucky home floor.

To quote another poster: "If DD didn't have a Brother coaching in the NBA. The only way he would have been at the game is to purchase a ticket".
Do your reading^ 👍🏻

Reactions: Herdmeister
Dan D'Antoni has has more success coaching the Herd than anyone since Huck. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching his teams. Unfortunately since his teams live and die by the 3 they can be extremely inconsistent.

In contradiction to his critics I have seen his teams win with defense. And his teams generally improve as the season progresses as he experiments with rotations that work. I think this team will only get better.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
The selection committee uses RPI for seating and tournament entry, but HerdFan2018 thinks he has it all figured out. Why don't you go find whatever rock you crawled out from under?

You are such an embarrassment to this message board.

First, it’s seeding, not seating.

Second, they no longer use RPI for the NCAA Tournment, they use the NET rankings. It has been that way for a couple years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT