ADVERTISEMENT

Game times

The Real SamC

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 15, 2007
All games start at either 2:30 or 6:30.

6:30 - Miami (not the real one, the one in Ohio) ; Kent State; Western Kentucky.
2:30 - Old Dominon, FIU, Southern Miss.

I can live with those but would prefer FIU kept at 6:30 too. I like 6:30 over 7pm, that extra half hour makes a big difference come game time ending and is much more user friendly for bars restaurants post game hoping to pick up some after game business, and folks wanting to get up early Sunday to drive home or go to church.

Would be nice to have a season that isn't rain for half the games.

funny you should mention all the rain.. it the "greenhouse effect" those damn gloom and despair people like Al Gore swear is happening!

Funny I don't believe in The Greenhouse Effect " either. In fact the original meteorologist at The Weather Channel after retiring said he went into an in-depth 10 year study of THE, and said he could find zero evidence to support it.

That said I always felt like the nick name of our stadium should be The Greenhouse or The Emerald Palace so I

Reactions: HerditAllBefore
That really surprises me. ACC school's fans expect every game to be televised on a major network. Lack of TV appeal will hurt Marshall in future schedules.

Well, we certainly had "TV appeal" during many of our MAC seasons when we put teams on the field with exciting and explosive offensive abilities. Up to Doc and staff to return to those types of teams, or teams akin to the last 2 Cato years. The current version of Legg's option-less "read option" isn't cutting it!!

I always wonder why Hamrick , or maybe he does, doesn't work on the football lower tier ACC schools for home and homes , like Wake and Duke. Both drivable , both good fits for a Marshall sked.

I always wonder why Hamrick , or maybe he does, doesn't work on the football lower tier ACC schools for home and homes , like Wake and Duke. Both drivable , both good fits for a Marshall sked.
I know he has tried with Wake but to no avail. I've never heard him discuss Duke.

I would even consider taking a look at scheduling Georgia Tech. I know their offense is a real challenge to prepare for, but it would provide a presence in one of the most fertile recruiting areas in the county, allowing the families of the 16 current Herd players from Georgia to see them close to home. Also quite interestingly, Atlanta has a rather large Marshall alumni population.

MU's past success has less to do with it than we would like to believe.

Just sayin that another Power AD worth his salt knows that one key to success in football is to make sure that the FCS and G5 foes included in your nonconference schedules are pretty much "guaranteed" wins. MU for a while couldn't always be considered in such a category. But if we suddenly become just another annual run of the mill, average to mediocre, G5 football program, then I think MU's AD would find it easier to get games with Power league teams.

More game times and TV news:

Old Dominion - Oct 14 2:30 ESPN3 (internet)
@ Middle Tennessee State Oct 20 (Friday) 7:00 ESPN2
@ Florida Atlantic Nov 3 (Friday) 6:00 CBS Sports Network
Western Kentucky Nov 11 6:30 BE IN Sports Channel
Southern Mississippi Nov 25 2:30 Stadium Channel

Stadium Channel is the new name of American Sports Network. It will replace ASN on the cable systems that have it. It free with an antenna on over the air channel 11.2, and, new this year, is available free at www.watchstadium.com .

With the NC State game announced previously, that leaves 6 games not on TV. Miami (not the real one, the one in Ohio), Kent State, @UNCC, FIU, and @ UTSA. The @ Cincinnati game belongs to the home team's league, and the AAC has not announced its full TV schedule yet, but I doubt it gets anything more than on the internet.

A full time Stadium channel is usually on stations owned by the Sinclair Corporation (owners of 8 & 11 here). Sinclair does not own any TV stations in Atlanta. Sinclair also tries to sell individual games to other stations (including sometimes RSNs that are on Dish and Direct) but that is hit and miss.

However, it looks like Stadium will have a lot more and better content than ASN did. It would not surprise me if DirecTV picked it up eventually, as DirecTV will expand its channel capacity greatly in the near future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT