ADVERTISEMENT

Gasparilla vs Dixie Chopper vs John Deere

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
How do their mowers compare to some of the other name brands? Good quality? That Dixie Chopper is fast. Nothing runs like a Deere. I wouldn't mind having one of those zero turn radius mowers. Where do you even buy a Gasparilla? They using a Briggs and Stratton or a Tecumseh?

Last edited:
Reactions: herd66
How do their mowers compare to some of the other name brands? Good quality? That Dixie Chopper is fast. Nothing runs like a Deere. I wouldn't mind having one of those zero turn radius mowers. Where do you even buy a Gasparilla? They using a Briggs and Stratton or a Tecumseh?

Ehhh. Might be one of them there Kohlers.

Go with the Bad Boy Compact Diesel... 1100 CC Caterpillar power...61-inch cutting width.

Mow your lawn in 17 seconds flat and impress all the soccer moms on your street with the sheer power of your lawn dominator.

Reactions: i am herdman
Just for reality's sake:

- Honda power equipment engines are made in North Carolina.

- John Deere is not owned by the Japanese. Its stock trades on the NYSE and it is based, as it always has been, in Illinois.

- Gasparilla is not a brand of lawn mowers. Bad Boy Mowers is. "Gasparilla" was a pirate in the Tampa area. It is the "generic" name of the bowl. If it lost its sponsorship it would be the Gasparilla Bowl, in the same way as if the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl would just be the Peach Bowl if the chicken chain walked away.

Just for reality's sake:

- John Deere is not owned by the Japanese. Its stock trades on the NYSE and it is based, as it always has been, in Illinois.

- Gasparilla is not a brand of lawn mowers. Bad Boy Mowers is. "Gasparilla" was a pirate in the Tampa area. It is the "generic" name of the bowl. If it lost its sponsorship it would be the Gasparilla Bowl, in the same way as if the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl would just be the Peach Bowl if the chicken chain walked away.
Oh, good. Thank God. We can't build or make shit in this country anymore. Good to see. Japs, Chinese, Koreans, Krauts, all doing it better and we sold this country down the river. Oh well, that is the way it works now.

Not saying good or bad one way or the other, but a Honda engine built in NC is still a Jap engine.

Last edited:
That's quite unusual. It should have had a Kawasaki engine which by the way, are built in Missouri.
Yes, most tractors in the x300 series have the Kawasaki engine. Mine is an older model; I guess they changed suppliers (which JD is known to do).

Just for reality's sake:

And they’re also made in Japan, Thailand, and elsewhere around the world.

In fact, less than 75% of the Honda power equipment engines sold in the U.S. are made in North Carolina. And of that less than 75% number, the parts for those engines are globally (outside of the U.S) sourced.

Last edited:
And they’re also made in Japan, Thailand, and elsewhere around the world.

In fact, less than 75% of the Honda power equipment engines sold in the U.S. are made in North Carolina. And of that less than 70% number, the parts for those engines are globally (outside of the U.S) sourced.

this guy is damn good at google....I'm just sayin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT