ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia State HC Leaving

According to the article he is leaving to be with his daughter for her senior year. He promised her he would be back home.

Reactions: Elkview
He has been working in Atlanta, but has kept his residence in SC where the family lives. The wanting to be back home is legit…

He lost a bunch of players after last year, including their good QB. Likely knew 2024 will be rough.

Sure is. We wouldn't know what it's like for a coach to quit like that during spring ball
200w.gif

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
This guy is leaving to be TE COACH at South Carolina. Good lord.
I think you'll see more of this. Just like Chip Kelly stepping down to be an OC at tOSU. This NIL and Portal stuff is making a lot of coaches miserable. I know one of our current assistant coaches was actually looking into quitting coaching all together because of it.

I mean when any team can pretty much shop your roster every year, it's got to be stressful. As he put it. He already knows what new players that just got here will be in the portal next season.

I think you'll see more of this. Just like Chip Kelly stepping down to be an OC at tOSU. This NIL and Portal stuff is making a lot of coaches miserable. I know one of our current assistant coaches was actually looking into quitting coaching all together because of it.

I mean when any team can pretty much shop your roster every year, it's got to be stressful. As he put it. He already knows what new players that just got here will be in the portal next season.
This is spot on... For schools like us our roster is 90 free agents every year. If another school throws more money or more playing time at a kid, that kid is most likely going to jump ship.

As we all know, this current NIL and open transfer system is not sustainable and will implode if it's not addressed. The problem is, who is going to address it? Congress?

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Personally I think he really wanted to go back home. But not so bad that he quits to be a TE coach. Probably has to do with what u all posted above, miserable with the change and he saw what he had coming back and threw the towel in. One thing is for sure, he is an a hole for quitting during spring practice. What coach does that? Lol

• Haha
Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Personally I think he really wanted to go back home. But not so bad that he quits to be a TE coach. Probably has to do with what u all posted above, miserable with the change and he saw what he had coming back and threw the towel in. One thing is for sure, he is an a hole for quitting during spring practice. What coach does that? Lol
It’s a 3 hour drive from Atlanta to Columbia.

In that business that’s as good as home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT