ADVERTISEMENT

Getting low on antibiotics

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
The USA, world for that matter, is getting low on certain basic antibiotics.

Will we ever learn our lesson?

It’s something I think the free trade pie in the sky libertarians don’t get.

There’s got to be domestic production of more things. It may take populist government subsidies to get that going too.

I’m not smart enough to know exactly how, but it creates domestic fragility and weak points to globalize/farm out all of your industries.

It’s something I think the free trade pie in the sky libertarians don’t get.

There’s got to be domestic production of more things. It may take populist government subsidies to get that going too.

I’m not smart enough to know exactly how, but it creates domestic fragility and weak points to globalize/farm out all of your industries.
You and RD were saying this years ago.

I naively thought the “market” should determine where stuff is made. But globalization has its downsides that I didn’t fully see.

Reactions: murox

I naively thought the “market” should determine where stuff is made. But globalization has its downsides that I didn’t fully see.
Don't know why in the wide world of sports we are buying this stuff from China.

Don't know how anybody can think that is good, regardless of everything else we fight about.

Time to kick these lobbyists in the ass and tell them this has to end.

Don't know why in the wide world of sports we are buying this stuff from China.

Don't know how anybody can think that is good, regardless of everything else we fight about.

Time to kick these lobbyists in the ass and tell them this has to end. You cannot out-import Central American poverty. Pump them up so that hope is there.

I’m sympathetic to some of it though. Chinese crap is cheaper. A lot of people struggle. I want a cheap TV, cheaper car, microwave, etc.

But it’s an existential threat to the country. Especially China.

I think there may be a way to thread a needle and support Central/South American manufacturing to help with cost, immigration, and Chinese divestments.

Reactions: i am herdman
Well, we need to get our kids of a lot of that stuff.
Don’t disagree but mine truly needs it and we have to go pharmacy shopping to find it then call the doctor to change the script then hope the pharmacy hasn’t filled it by the time the doctors office calls it in

Reactions: i am herdman
Don’t disagree but mine truly needs it and we have to go pharmacy shopping to find it then call the doctor to change the script then hope the pharmacy hasn’t filled it by the time the doctors office calls it in
Agree, the big issue is supply chain issues on drugs we need is no joke.

Just think if we went to war with China and they cut our meds off.

Did you forget to log into your other account or do you normally refer to yourself as "you"?

• Haha
Reactions: mlblack16.
Happened to me too. I was running low on beer today, but I picked up another keg. 7.5 gallons of two hearted ale. Tapping that sob shortly. Some may say I'm a drunk. I say if you don't like that, you can kiss my black ass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT