ADVERTISEMENT

Goodbye Queen Elizabeth

Honest question. Aside from the obvious (loss of life, family in mourning,etc), do we as Americans care?

Reactions: Jartard
I believe she was the last remaining head of state to have served in the military.

It is always a bit sad when a good person of historical significance passes. By all indications, she was decent soul.

Honest question. Aside from the obvious (loss of life, family in mourning,etc), do we as Americans care?
It’s interesting as a historical mile marker. Her first PM was Winston Churchill, who was born in 1874. She was the most famous royal figure in the western world for the entire life of the vast majority of people alive today. One of the last bridges between historical eras just fell.

It doesn’t really matter. My life won’t be any different tomorrow because of it, and neither will pretty much any American’s, but it’s an interesting thing to reflect on.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
She was the last standard of Western civilization as it was understood from 1000 AD to present has died with her.

Now her wastral son is King.

God help us.

I'm just sitting here wondering what song Sir Elton John will write to capitalize commemorate the Queen.

• Haha
Reactions: Jartard
As someone with Irish in the wood pile, they sat WW2 out. That is not cool

this is probly more fitting for the queen

. . . maybe not, but was the first thing i thought of when hearing of the queen's passing.

I will likely watch the coronation of Charles, whenever it may be. Why? Because there hasn't been one in our lifetimes.
I believe she was the last remaining head of state to have served in the military.
Charles served in the military as well. I'll give the Brits credit, their royals do serve.

I will likely watch the coronation of Charles, whenever it may be. Why? Because there hasn't been one in our lifetimes.

Charles served in the military as well. I'll give the Brits credit, their royals do serve.
Depends on how you look it. Ceremonial or a real head of state.

220px-GW-Bush-in-uniform.jpg

The King of Jordan is or was in the military also

I doubt ole sausage fingers is pushing 90. 80 might be a stretch.
I read where the Royal Family is worth an estimated 28 billion dollars. Half the time they seem miserable.

For some reason, I would like to meet that King and family. They say you are not suppossed to look at them in the eyes. I would like to crop dust them with a good bean fart. hhahaa, I would have to take a sneak peak and look them in the eye.

While I’m generally opposed to the entire notion of a monarchy, the British monarchy is simply ceremonial and they generally share the same values as us, so I guess it’s whatever. But I agree, we have never seen this in our lifetime so it will be pretty cool. Also… Doesn’t he look like a king? It’s weird. He will assume the role seamlessly, in my opinion.

Seems I remember discussions from awhile back about Charles allowing William to leapfrog him in the line of succession. I thought they had already decided to bypass him. Guess not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT