ADVERTISEMENT

Gov. Ron DeSantis Refused To Answer Hurricane Relief Calls From The White House

Misspoke, maybe.
Lied, maybe.
He's not relying on FEMA
No area relies on FEMA for disaster response, rube. It's always a coordination of local, state, and federal agencies. FEMA is involved in coordinating pre-staging of federal assets in Florida, and Florida isn't turning it down.

https://www.fema.gov/press-release/...d-fully-support-florida-ahead-milton-landfall

And when FEMA begins processing grants, you can bet your ass Florida won't turn that down either.

But MAGA politicians know they can say things like "we are not relying" on something they don't rely on anyways, and hick rubes like you will eat it up and add your own stupid thoughts to it.

the issue is FEMA is broken and slow.
Shit is usually slow in disaster areas.

It's even slower when it's a disaster region.

Odds are good no one is coming to save you immediately. That's why we tell people to evacuate or take shelter. That's why we issue watches and warnings. You've got to do what you need to do first. And that still might not be enough. That's life.

And absolutely nothing will be fixed immediately. We call these events disasters for a reason.

People like you will spend 364 days of the year doing everything in your power to make the government not work. You will do it with your votes, you will do it with your lies, and the liars you vote for will do it with their votes in Congress. And then when government doesn't work good enough for your unrealistic expectations that one day in a year, or a lifetime, you suddenly reverse course and think it should because your ass is on the line, even though you've been doing what you could to fvck it up for years and vote for the pricks that vote against funding, you will complain. This is disingenuous at best.

Shit is usually slow in disaster areas.

It's even slower when it's a disaster region.

Odds are good no one is coming to save you immediately. That's why we tell people to evacuate or take shelter. That's why we issue watches and warnings. You've got to do what you need to do first. And that still might not be enough. That's life.

And absolutely nothing will be fixed immediately. We call these events disasters for a reason.

People like you will spend 364 days of the year doing everything in your power to make the government not work. You will do it with your votes, you will do it with your lies, and the liars you vote for will do it with their votes in Congress. And then when government doesn't work good enough for your unrealistic expectations that one day in a year, or a lifetime, you suddenly reverse course and think it should because your ass is on the line, even though you've been doing what you could to fvck it up for years and vote for the pricks that vote against funding, you will complain. This is disingenuous at best.
you sure you are a libertarian? I spend everyday in my power to make the govt not work? Say what? Thry seem to be doing a good job of that themselves. Frankly, I think DC is juts about to the point of being broken beyond repair.

By the way, the ****ing govt at all levels takes a shit ton of my money. Then, they take our money and the money they print and send it to places like Ukraine and other places and FEMA and other agencies can't pull their thumb out of their asses for three days. THe VA is a broken mess and the govt treats veterans like shit. The public schools are complete shit show. We could go on and on and **** them for what they did during covid which is still beiing lied about.

Do you worship the govt or something? I know they have their place but it is way too big and broken and it needs cleaned up. What power do I have over them?

you sure you are a libertarian? I spend everyday in my power to make the govt not work? Say what? Thry seem to be doing a good job of that themselves. Frankly, I think DC is juts about to the point of being broken beyond repair.

By the way, the ****ing govt at all levels takes a shit ton of my money. Then, they take our money and the money they print and send it to places like Ukraine and other places and FEMA and other agencies can't pull their thumb out of their asses for three days. THe VA is a broken mess and the govt treats veterans like shit. The public schools are complete shit show. We could go on and on and **** them for what they did during covid which is still beiing lied about.

Do you worship the govt or something? I know they have their place but it is way too big and broken and it needs cleaned up. What power do I have over them?
You're a lying idiot trumptard. You and your kind have done more damage to this country that the 2 hurricanes will, and it's not even close. oath breaker.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
you sure you are a libertarian?
Not when it comes to responding to a disaster and helping those affected by it. Promoting the general welfare is part of forming a more perfect union; I thought you knew and followed the Constitution?

and FEMA and other agencies can't pull their thumb out of their asses for three days
Was pre-staged in the mountains. Why do you and people like you constantly lie? Even Republican politicians are calling out you and people like . And I'll say it again: how someone from WV can't understand the terrain of Appalachia and why it's hard to reach everyone when all the roads and bridges are gone is beyond me.

Not when it comes to responding to a disaster and helping those affected by it. Promoting the general welfare is part of forming a more perfect union; I thought you knew and followed the Constitution?

Was pre-staged in the mountains. Why do you and people like you constantly lie? Even Republican politicians are calling out you and people like . And I'll say it again: how someone from WV can't understand the terrain of Appalachia and why it's hard to reach everyone when all the roads and bridges are gone is beyond me.
Fema is there to coordinate. I understand the terrain. The feds were a disorganized mess to start with. There were people and other organizations that were there before FEMA. They said Fema was a mess organizationally. They are like many govt agencies. The machine can't move fast. I am talking early on. There is a video somewhere where a former special forces guy and his team were in there and came back to their base camp area and the fema trucks showed up 3 days later ans he Says something like better late thab never. Making a jab at them. Fema is there to push pencils and coordinate. They weren't very good at it. From what I am.hearing their most experienced people are working on the migrant crisis and they have inexperienced peope there.

If it weren't foe the private people people in Nac would be living in squalor.

I certainly am for helping in this situation. But God damn the feds are a mess.

It's always "they" with you people. This way you can say you heard it but don't have to give a source or prove it's true.

Sure there is.

So they too were pre-staged? Pre-staged is pre-staged.
God damn, We know people on the ground, have customers and friends over there. I know people over there working on it.

The federal is a cluster ****. Most people know it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT