ADVERTISEMENT

Grant Wells

Wells needed a good coach to guide him and show him corrective steps to help keep him under control and making correct decisions.

Wells was good not great, but could have been better at a lot of things, making correct reads, not forcing passes, knowing when to run and not letting the game and fans get to him are some.
We are fans so when someone makes silly decisions we what change lol.

litton was the same way. Cato was just a Smart QB and athletic enough to create when things were breaking down and had Tony Petersen for nearly 2 years as a coach.

I think the change should have been coaching and well that’s what we got, now let see if the unproven guy works out…

we had Bill Legg and his 3 play playbook, then we had BillLegg2.0 and his 15 play playbook, neither guy developed A great great QB, now we have a unproven guy that brings who knows what, with a new unproven QB. Should be fun to watch.!

Go Herd!!
Cato credits Legg for his success.
Despite multiple years removed from playing at MU, Cato consistently mentions Legg on his social media with positive praise.

Yep. Hell with him. I don't care 🤷‍♀️ f he's great or sucks. I mean the only reason I know who he is is because he came to my school to play ball. I certainly don't care what some clown on a message board thinks about what makes a fulfilling or pathetic life.

Therein lies the problem.
People who merely wear MU and may not even have attended MU (but more so for those who did) feel the athletes owe them something.
They get on them like they're somehow in charge of them because they got a degree here.
The athletes don't owe us sh*t...and before you say, "Well, we're MU and we gave him/her their only chance" just remember what is going on right now.
The Transfer Portal is rapidly showing you that isn't true, and you former students aren't owed a thing in the end.

But rest assured, it's a nationwide thing as well.

That's weird, I seem to recall a basketball player this year who easily could transferred out but instead apologized and is returning. Last time I checked Marshall loves him and his dedication to the program. It's not like grant was some super star, he choked two seasons in a row, saw the writing on the wall and left.
Said basketball player is also NBA level talent but somehow the NBA Combine experts on here, with 30+ years of watching historically bad collegiate basketball, would argue otherwise.

Plus, as I mentioned, the appreciation he has emboldens the MU fans who attended, because they believe the athletes owe it to them.

Said basketball player is also NBA level talent but somehow the NBA Combine experts on here, with 30+ years of watching historically bad collegiate basketball, would argue otherwise.

Plus, as I mentioned, the appreciation he has emboldens the MU fans who attended, because they believe the athletes owe it to them.
Well I would honestly think that -if as you say, the NBA combine experts would know what they see with 30+ years of experience whom they think can play and who can’t. I look for the player you are talking about to end up in Europe with Elmore.

Reactions: Jartard
Therein lies the problem.
People who merely wear MU and may not even have attended MU (but more so for those who did) feel the athletes owe them something.
They get on them like they're somehow in charge of them because they got a degree here.
The athletes don't owe us sh*t...and before you say, "Well, we're MU and we gave him/her their only chance" just remember what is going on right now.
The Transfer Portal is rapidly showing you that isn't true, and you former students aren't owed a thing in the end.

But rest assured, it's a nationwide thing as well.
dude. i think you are over thinking this. People all over the country, if they are interested in college football, root for players and/or teams to do well or hope they do poorly for a variety of reasons. it's competitive sports with fans.

I certainly don't think the athletes owe me anything and I say that as a graduate, from a family with multiple other MU graduates and as a guy that has given more to the Big Green than it cost me (room, board, and tuition) to send two children to graduate from MU. So no, they don't owe me anything I just don't want some nut on a message board (who may or may not have attended MU, or graduated or ever donated to the school) to tell me who I can choose to support or not. my only expectation is that you don't tell me who I can wish to do well or who I can wish does poorly. pretty simple.

Well I would honestly think that -if as you say, the NBA combine experts would know what they see with 30+ years of experience whom they think can play and who can’t. I look for the player you are talking about to end up in Europe with Elmore.
I doubt it.
I hope he does end up in the NBA.
If you've seen something from one standpoint, in the stands and on your ass, for 30+ years...all you become after it, is the same minded person, just 30+ years older.

Shhhhh. Players should have undying devotion no matter what. Grant has absolutely no right to be sour about his time here. None. How dare he be offended by his own "fans" yelling at him that he sucks.

You would have thought with him being a local kid and the first starting QB in several decades that was born and raised in WV you'd think the fans would have been in his corner more. Nope. Instead stupid rumors and character bashing of his family.

I will never understand when the shift in our fan base happened. We used to harshly criticize wvu fans for how they treated their players after losses. Now as soon as one of our players struggles their labeled and booed. The kid was a RS SO who made underclassman mistakes. Shocker. What's really going to suck is if he excels at VT and we're sitting here holding the bag with an unstable QB situation. Fact of the matter is even if Colombi is all world we're still stuck starting over next season with yet another unproven QB.

Also anyone that openly roots against Grant and hoping he fails you really have an empty life.
It’s easy to criticize behind a keyboard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT