ADVERTISEMENT

Great QB news

Is that the kid from Kentucky? I posted about him last week in the comparison with the other high school QB.

The Kentucky kid has poor footwork, which can be corrected. My biggest issue is his lack of composure in the pocket. That’s hard to break.

Is that the kid from Kentucky? I posted about him last week in the comparison with the other high school QB.

The Kentucky kid has poor footwork, which can be corrected. My biggest issue is his lack of composure in the pocket. That’s hard to break.

How difficult is it (in general) to correct poor technique? Also, why is it our staff seems incapable of EVER doing this? It's maddening, really. Do you use different techniques, like physical props to force them to use proper form?

Reactions: Elkview
I just wonder sometimes what coaches see when recruiting. I mean this kid looks like a QB from central casting, but when you can't put up points on Raceland KY HS why do the coaches think you will do it against Virginia Tech or even ODU?

I would never recruit a QB from a HS team with a losing record. The reason is that any HS team that has a true FBS caliber QB is just really advantaged and shouldn't be losing.

I just wonder sometimes what coaches see when recruiting. I mean this kid looks like a QB from central casting, but when you can't put up points on Raceland KY HS why do the coaches think you will do it against Virginia Tech or even ODU?

I would never recruit a QB from a HS team with a losing record. The reason is that any HS team that has a true FBS caliber QB is just really advantaged and shouldn't be losing.
I get it but GW stunk last year and Grant Wells might be the best QB on our roster.

I get it but GW stunk last year and Grant Wells might be the best QB on our roster.

I sure hope so Chris, but every year or two, we hear a lot of hype about the new QB recruit who's the "real deal." I know, some of the disappointment with recruits just comes with the territory, but damn it's been happening for awhile now with us.

It’s eye-opening, sure, but I’m not sure that Greenup County has a strong fleet of skill position players or linemen.

Russell is pretty good, too. I think their starting D has allowed one TD through 7 games.

I hope you are right and he can get some coaching - somewhere. Camps, the family hire a QB coach. Because our QB’s sure as hell aren’t getting better while here. Cato is the ONLY exception.
Seems Litton has progressed more AFTER he left. Jmo

Reactions: ilmherdfan

Mack Brown once said when recruiting QBs. If they can't win in HS what makes you think they'll win for you.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I hope you are right and he can get some coaching - somewhere. Camps, the family hire a QB coach. Because our QB’s sure as hell aren’t getting better while here. Cato is the ONLY exception.
Seems Litton has progressed more AFTER he left. Jmo
I don’t know if he progressed or he just finally gave a snap after he left.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I hate it when players are put down, especially high school players. I haven't seen enough of him to know what I think of him and I doubt anybody else on the board has either.

Now Wells: I agree that he may be the best QB on this team. He has the strongest arm, is very smart and can run. More importantly he provides leadership and the will to win, which is contagious. I think he will push everyone else for the starting job next year.

I just heard the starting QB for U of Florida never even started in High School. Who's to say this same kid wouldn't be putting up huge numbers at a diff school?

I hate it when players are put down, especially high school players. I haven't seen enough of him to know what I think of him and I doubt anybody else on the board has either.

Now Wells: I agree that he may be the best QB on this team. He has the strongest arm, is very smart and can run. More importantly he provides leadership and the will to win, which is contagious. I think he will push everyone else for the starting job next year.
Unfortunately, with Doc, Green will be the QB as long as he is eligible to play, once Doc makes a decision it never changes, someone else being impressive in practice will make no difference.

Reactions: herdalicious
It is what it is: Dumpster fire, in spite of yesterday's win. It a'int gonna change. At least two years in the future before we get any relief...

YOU CANT JUDGE HIM BY THAT GAME. AWFUL TEAMS CAN HAVE GOOD PLAYERS.
WE BEAT A SCHOOL 66-0. THAT TEAM HAD A QB WHO SIGNED WITH NEBRASKA
(WHEN THEY WERE WINNING NATION CHAMPIONSHIPS - IN FACT THE YEAR AFTER THEY WON A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP) STARTED HIS SR. YEAR AND WAS A CO-CAPTAIN.
LATER PLAYED FOR THE BROWNS AND EVEN STARTED A GAME.

MORAL OF THE STORY IS THAT AS USUAL BANKER IS FULL OF IT.

Reactions: herd4life5 (HN)
Somebody let dherd out of his Pullman cage. I went to watch the kid play Wheelerburg this year. He was also bad in that game (three ints). He could be good in the right situation, but he doesn't jump off the field at you like most true FBS talent in this area does.

The point about the Russell game is that he is likely the only player on the field that will sniff a D-1 scholarship offer. He should stick out with that talent advantage if it's there.

YOU CANT JUDGE HIM BY THAT GAME. AWFUL TEAMS CAN HAVE GOOD PLAYERS.
WE BEAT A SCHOOL 66-0. THAT TEAM HAD A QB WHO SIGNED WITH NEBRASKA
(WHEN THEY WERE WINNING NATION CHAMPIONSHIPS - IN FACT THE YEAR AFTER THEY WON A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP) STARTED HIS SR. YEAR AND WAS A CO-CAPTAIN.
LATER PLAYED FOR THE BROWNS AND EVEN STARTED A GAME.

MORAL OF THE STORY IS THAT AS USUAL BANKER IS FULL OF IT.
dherd,

Stop yelling at people, please. When you use all caps it is annoying and is like yelling at people.

Thanks for your cooperation, even though you have been told this before on multiple occasions.

i am herdman

Have we ever had a true QB battle in Holiday's tenure? I mean a situation where two guys competed, not just one guy being used to push the other.

Grant Wells won't see the field for us until 2021 at the earliest, and by that point he'll be near the end of his degree and ready to enter the portal as a grad transfer. Nevermind the fact that, by then, other schools will be able to offer him a signing bonus to leave.

Have we ever had a true QB battle in Holiday's tenure? I mean a situation where two guys competed, not just one guy being used to push the other.

Grant Wells won't see the field for us until 2021 at the earliest, and by that point he'll be near the end of his degree and ready to enter the portal as a grad transfer. Nevermind the fact that, by then, other schools will be able to offer him a signing bonus to leave.

No, don't know if it is due to lack of depth at the position or once we hone in a guy as the starter they are anointed.

No, don't know if it is due to lack of depth at the position or once we hone in a guy as the starter they are anointed.

Seems to be the case. Bama and Clemson both replaced returning starters last year because somebody else was better. Seems like here sometimes we worry about somebody getting upset.

Reactions: johns1124
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT