ADVERTISEMENT

Great win vs WKU

I had my doubts at halftime but I have to give them credit, they fought all the way and pulled out a great win.

Kinsey was a beast and DD made a nice adjustment subbing Watson for Burks who just didn’t have it tonight.

I thought Williams had some nice moments even though it was hard on him playing defense on Bassey. Glad he was the one who hit the winning shot.

The Herd is now 3-0 in conference. I think the game changed when Elmore slowed his perimeter attempts and started going to the basket later in the 1st half. He was either gone to score, get fouled, or find somebody open outside. Yea, but.....Where are all the naysayers now?
Not many post on this board about basketball after wins. It’s really sad. If you want discussion here, you’ll have to wait until we lose.

Again, what do you want? A nice win over the team we were paired with, before the disastrous non-conference period, as 1 & 2 by most predictors. At home. Will probably have to play them four times. Good crowd, especially with NFL Bandwagon Team #2 on TV (BWT #1 missed the playoffs, screw you WOWK, buy a map) . WKU has been up and down.

Now, AGAIN, was this this crew finally getting over its failure non-conference? Or was this an up for an up and down team that lives and dies by the 3. TIME WILL TELL.

Of course time will tell. But it is fun to have spontaneous enjoyment of the victories that matches the frequency and intensity of the posts that hit like a bombing run over Tokyo after a loss!!!
7/26 (26.9%)—21 of our 70 points

yep, we lived by the three last night hahaha
SH does make a valid counterpoint to your “live by the 3, die by the 3”, does he not, Sam?

Determination & a little luck in the last five seconds of last night's game got us the win. Without the determination to claw back into it, the luck wouldn't have mattered. But what a great ending.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Again, what do you want? A nice win over the team we were paired with, before the disastrous non-conference period, as 1 & 2 by most predictors. At home. Will probably have to play them four times. Good crowd, especially with NFL Bandwagon Team #2 on TV (BWT #1 missed the playoffs, screw you WOWK, buy a map) . WKU has been up and down.

Now, AGAIN, was this this crew finally getting over its failure non-conference? Or was this an up for an up and down team that lives and dies by the 3. TIME WILL TELL.
I knew one of the naysayers would show up.

The Herd is now 3-0 in conference. I think the game changed when Elmore slowed his perimeter attempts and started going to the basket later in the 1st half. He was either gone to score, get fouled, or find somebody open outside. Yea, but.....Where are all the naysayers now?

One of Elmore's better performances at MU
. He was most grateful for the "packed house" saying "a first for me since enrolling at Marshall."
The home crowd helped us win this game!" AGREE......KINSEY is going to graduate from MU with a lot of records.....LOOK OUT CUSA...when he gets stronger....

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte (RAIN RAIN...go Away)

I knew one of the naysayers would show up.
.......and ONLY because I called him out!!! We have too many what I call “Goldilocks” fans. IF we win AND play at a high level, they are “OK” with the Herd. But lose one, two, (OMG) three in a row??
It’s the end times.......

SAD SAM....The Hoppers start 3 freshmen. # 23 is only 18 years old. They defeated Arkansas [on the road] & WVU [Myrtle Beach]...and won at home over a ranked Wisconsin squad. They are "not minced meat"....and would defeat a lot of teams in other conference.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

7/26 (26.9%)—21 of our 70 points

yep, we lived by the three last night hahaha

I know its wrong to nitpick semantics but damnit I can't help myself - his point was actually correct. The three made up a small percentage of points (30%) because we shot terribly. In terms of the volume of attempts, the three made up 45.6% of shots, compared to WKU, whose 16 attempts from three made up only 28.6% of their shots.

We do live and die by the three - sometimes we're hot and its why we win, sometimes we're cold and its why we lose, and sometimes we build a two-story ranch home out of bricks and somehow manage to live comfortably within it, which is what happened Saturday.

I know its wrong to nitpick semantics but damnit I can't help myself - his point was actually correct. The three made up a small percentage of points (30%) because we shot terribly. In terms of the volume of attempts, the three made up 45.6% of shots, compared to WKU, whose 16 attempts from three made up only 28.6% of their shots.

We do live and die by the three - sometimes we're hot and its why we win, sometimes we're cold and its why we lose, and sometimes we build a two-story ranch home out of bricks and somehow manage to live comfortably within it, which is what happened Saturday.
Every team lives & dies by something. wvu isn't creating 30 turnovers/game this year and look at them. Do they live & die by the turnover? I guess so.

If we shot 26.9% from 3, how did we beat the preseason CUSA favorite who just beat a ranked Wisconsin team? Shooting 27% is not a comfortable 2 story brick home (ranch style homes are 1 story). We won on Saturday by creating some turnovers, getting some second chance opportunities (words from their coach), and getting stops in the last 3:00 of the game. We beat ODU the week prior and shot 36% from three, which is good. But only made 9 threes, which accounted for 27/70 (38.5%) of our points. We shot 66.7% from 2 against ODU, which accounted for 40/70 (57.1%) of our points. I guess against ODU we lived by the 2.

[QUOTE="Sean Hammond, post: 592706, member: 8613"is not a comfortable 2 story brick home (ranch style homes are 1 story). [/QUOTE]

Agh and now I've been bitten by the semantic bug.

I know nothing of architecture - my family lives in a buried shipping container we use as an End Times shelter, and I just tell my kids its a rancher.

Last edited:
.......and ONLY because I called him out!!! We have too many what I call “Goldilocks” fans. IF we win AND play at a high level, they are “OK” with the Herd. But lose one, two, (OMG) three in a row??
It’s the end times.......

Your are absolutely correct. We won A basketball game.

I still cannot understand how our basketball and football fans are the same people.

Football works like this:

(MU loses) Fire Doc. Fire Mike. Blow it up. We are terrible. We are supposed to win every game. CUSA sucks. Whoever beat us sucks.

(MU wins) Nothing to see here, move along. Beating whoever is no accomplishment, they suck. CUSA sucks. We suck. We should expect to win every game and that is really nothing anyway. Fire Doc. Fire Mike. Blow it up.

Basketball works like this:

(MU wins) AWSOME!!!!!! We, yes little ole us, actually WON a basketball game!!!!!!!!!! Wow. These boys are really starting to gel now. I hope the NCAA sends us to Louisville or Columbus for the first rounds.

(MU loses) Well, now don't you be a naysayer. We are great. You cannot win all the game in the MIGHTY CUSA, with such basketball mega teams. These boys still have a lot of work to do, but the ingenious system will have them gelled by tournament time. I hope the NCAA sends us to Louisville or Columbus for the first rounds.

The same people?

All those of us who are called "naysayers" ask is to be better than that. The first step to improvement is understanding exactly where you are today. The basketball team has a total failure non-conference season and TIME WILL TELL, if it can overcome that or not.

Anhedonia is the inability to enjoy good things. Losing to teams like Duquesene, Toledo, or Ohio, and losing by non-competitive margins to our step-up teams, are not good things.

WHEN this team accomplishes good things, I will be right there. Lets both hope that happens. It hasn't yet. TIME WILL TELL.

Sadly for those with football anhedonia, despite another great season, they cannot enjoy the tremedous accomplishments of our great program.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
Anhedonia is the inability to enjoy good things. Losing to teams like Duquesene, Toledo, or Ohio, and losing by non-competitive margins to our step-up teams, are not good things.

WHEN this team accomplishes good things, I will be right there. Lets both hope that happens. It hasn't yet. TIME WILL TELL.

Sadly for those with football anhedonia, despite another great season, they cannot enjoy the tremedous accomplishments of our great program.
Thanks for the Monday laugh, man.

Conference USA is far better in basketball than they are in football.
Marshall football has far more advantages to winning in football than Marshall basketball has to winning in basketball.

How is it so difficult for you to see that Marshall football has higher expectations from fans due to them having more and better advantages to winning in the conference than Marshall does in basketball?

If Marshall baseball, under the current situation, finished in the middle of the conference each year for the last decade, that head coach should be given a lifetime contract. On the other hand, if the Marshall football finished in the middle of the conference each year for the last decade, that coach should be shown the door. Why the disparity in expectations? One of those sports is severely disadvantaged in opportunities to win compared to peer schools. One of those sports has significant advantages to win compared to peer schools.

Basketball does not have the same advantages and opportunity to win at as high of a rate as football does in the current situation. Thus, football has higher expectations.

Somebody should repost this so Samantha can read it since he has me blocked. Hopefully, it will shut up his horrendous argument on this that he mentions every week.

No Sam has
Conference USA is far better in basketball than they are in football.
Marshall football has far more advantages to winning in football than Marshall basketball has to winning in basketball.

How is it so difficult for you to see that Marshall football has higher expectations from fans due to them having more and better advantages to winning in the conference than Marshall does in basketball?

If Marshall baseball, under the current situation, finished in the middle of the conference each year for the last decade, that head coach should be given a lifetime contract. On the other hand, if the Marshall football finished in the middle of the conference each year for the last decade, that coach should be shown the door. Why the disparity in expectations? One of those sports is severely disadvantaged in opportunities to win compared to peer schools. One of those sports has significant advantages to win compared to peer schools.

Basketball does not have the same advantages and opportunity to win at as high of a rate as football does in the current situation. Thus, football has higher expectations.

Somebody should repost this so Samantha can read it since he has me blocked. Hopefully, it will shut up his horrendous argument on this that he mentions every week.

Great post Rifle. Sam this post explains it perfectly nothing more needs to be said.

I, for one, am pumped as hell each year to watch the Herd play in the Summers' Eve Douche Bowl to cap off a rousing third place finish.

Yeah, what they said. Sam, you say that you will be "right here" when the Herd wins. But you aren't, and you don't, when we come up with a great win!! And coming from behind to nip the pre-season fav by 1 in a roaring CHC is a great win! I don't believe the Herd can do enough to get your juices flowing over the basketball program. It's just not "in" you to do so. Sad......

Your are absolutely correct. We won A basketball game.

I still cannot understand how our basketball and football fans are the same people.

Football works like this:

(MU loses) Fire Doc. Fire Mike. Blow it up. We are terrible. We are supposed to win every game. CUSA sucks. Whoever beat us sucks.

(MU wins) Nothing to see here, move along. Beating whoever is no accomplishment, they suck. CUSA sucks. We suck. We should expect to win every game and that is really nothing anyway. Fire Doc. Fire Mike. Blow it up.

Basketball works like this:

(MU wins) AWSOME!!!!!! We, yes little ole us, actually WON a basketball game!!!!!!!!!! Wow. These boys are really starting to gel now. I hope the NCAA sends us to Louisville or Columbus for the first rounds.

(MU loses) Well, now don't you be a naysayer. We are great. You cannot win all the game in the MIGHTY CUSA, with such basketball mega teams. These boys still have a lot of work to do, but the ingenious system will have them gelled by tournament time. I hope the NCAA sends us to Louisville or Columbus for the first rounds.

The same people?

All those of us who are called "naysayers" ask is to be better than that. The first step to improvement is understanding exactly where you are today. The basketball team has a total failure non-conference season and TIME WILL TELL, if it can overcome that or not.

TRUER words were never spoken about the OOC start....

But, I support VIRGINIA MAY BE CUTTING DOWN THE NETS....unless they draw Maryland-Baltimore County in the 1st Round like last year! OUCH!

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

But you aren't, and you don't, when we come up with a great win!!

The last "great win" this team had was in San Diego, California, on March 16th of last year, the last day of a very special four game, eight day run. Since then we have beaten seven teams from one-bid leagues, of which exactly one has a winning record; been embarrassed in not only all 3 of our step up games, but by a very ordinary 9-6 Ohio U.; and lost to A-10 mid-packer Duquesene and currently middle of the road MACer Toledo, at home. And won three conference games, 12-5 ODU by 3, 4-11 UNCC by 1, and 8-8 WKU by 1.

Again, what do you want? This team is what it is. There is not a lot to get excited about, despite over the top pre-season hype. WE ARE...... mediocre.

Maybe, with the way WVU is playing, we can get them in the CBI or CIT.

Again, what do you want? This team is what it is. There is not a lot to get excited about, despite over the top pre-season hype. WE ARE...... mediocre.

You continue to expose yourself as a fool and a hypocrite.

You claim that football finishing third in the conference is a good achievement and something Marshall fans shouldn't complain about. If Marshall fans can't get excited about that and want to complain, then they need to go to Walmart and buy a shirt to support another team.

Yet you claim that the basketball team which has finished second two years ago, first last year, and is in first this year is "mediocre" and should not have fans excited. Brilliant.

The last "great win" this team had was in San Diego, California, on March 16th of last year, the last day of a very special four game, eight day run. Since then we have beaten seven teams from one-bid leagues, of which exactly one has a winning record; been embarrassed in not only all 3 of our step up games, but by a very ordinary 9-6 Ohio U.; and lost to A-10 mid-packer Duquesene and currently middle of the road MACer Toledo, at home. And won three conference games, 12-5 ODU by 3, 4-11 UNCC by 1, and 8-8 WKU by 1.

Maybe, with the way WVU is playing, we can get them in the CBI or CIT.

OK, I'll play. So, if the definition of a "great" win is only one gained in the course of the NCAA mens Division I basketball tournament, does that mean that in the history of our program, we have accomplished only 1 "great" WIN? And if the answer to that ? is yes, how do we then categorize all of the rest of our victories on the hardwood?

But then you stated the "last" "great" win.......does that mean that in fact you would consider other wins by the Herd in the same category, and if so which ones? Actually interested to see what you will say....

This was a good win for the Herd. We got curb stomped in our three “big” OOC games so time to make up for it in CUSA.

Is TIME WILL TELL this years version of WASH RINSE REPEAT from last year. I sure hope so cause I watched them wash,rinse repeat themselves to the round of 32!

Dan, the staff & players GOAL is to win CUSA and advance to the BIG Dance. Losing OOC games to Virginia, Texas A & M, the Dukes of Pittsburgh, little ohio & the Rockets----- don't mean spit.......it is about CUSA and The Herd has started conference play PERFECT @ 3-0 with 2 wins on the road!

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT