ADVERTISEMENT

Green

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt the first couple of games but now I’m with he is garbage

I think we just take our bumps this year and call it rebuilding. The kid has great potential, but he's a RS Freshman. Now if he's doing this next year...

No we should make a change now and not give up for yet another mediocre season under Doc. He needs to have the balls to bench him

Okay If the transfer is not ready to go then we have to stay with Green. Don't count the int's when it bounces of a receivers hands.Doc has never understood that its our team not his to run like a secret society.

I think he has potential but terrible decision making when to run and where. I could still throw the ball more accurately at 41. I can't throw as hard I admit.we need to coach him up asap or try someone else. A W is a W . And FAU lost lol

Bad decision making... Horrific throwing mechanics. Like no one ever tried to show him how to step up and throw the ball with pace... Afraid to get hit... Average arm strength... I hope he's okay, and I hope the coaching staff can work with him, but he should not start next week.

Reactions: Marine03
Morrell is the only other QB option, if Thomson is not ready physically. Morrell did not play that poorly when he had to step in for Litton at home in 2016 against a powerful Louisville squad.

Green seems to hesitate too much when he does decide to run. Needs to quickly decide when he needs to run, then tuck it and run NORTH and SOUTH, not E and W!! Also, he seems to be a little quick in deciding to escape the pocket. Hope that will improve with more game experience, practice and studying a lot of game film!!!

Morrell is the only other QB option, if Thomson is not ready physically. Morrell did not play that poorly when he had to step in for Litton at home in 2016 against a powerful Louisville squad.

I was not impressed at all with Morrell last year in the time we were able to see him. Of course he like any other QB can and could have improved.

Thomson by the way was warming up on the sidelines when Green got hurt so I'm guessing he was ready to play if needed.

If y'all didn't notice, Green is staring down on his receivers, which always yields interceptions. And why the mystery about Thomson? It has been six weeks since the paper said he was having arm problems - but he apparently practices - but nobody knows and nobody talks about this taboo subject ... on this board, at least. Alex is a big guy with all the the right skills if he is permitted to play. So who is #2 on the depth chart?

Reactions: chuck1069
If y'all didn't notice, Green is staring down on his receivers, which always yields interceptions. And why the mystery about Thomson? It has been six weeks since the paper said he was having arm problems - but he apparently practices - but nobody knows and nobody talks about this taboo subject ... on this board, at least. Alex is a big guy with all the the right skills if he is permitted to play. So who is #2 on the depth chart?

Thomson is second on the depth chart... But as you said, he is having arm issues. From what I have been told (and I havent been to practice) he is okay to throw one day and then too sore to throw for the next 2-3 days. With the way Green limped off it looks like we may see Thomson on Friday night. The question is, how much is he able to practice this week, and if he has to throw it 40 times against MTSU, how much will he be able to practice next week.

Thomson is second on the depth chart... But as you said, he is having arm issues. From what I have been told (and I havent been to practice) he is okay to throw one day and then too sore to throw for the next 2-3 days. With the way Green limped off it looks like we may see Thomson on Friday night. The question is, how much is he able to practice this week, and if he has to throw it 40 times against MTSU, how much will he be able to practice next week.
Isaiah came back out to take the kneel down and looked fine. If we see AT it won’t be because Green is hurt (I don’t believe).

I wouldn't say he is garbage. He is a freshman and he is going to make mistakes. We may be better with Thomson at QB. No one can say for sure unless Thomson is healthy and put in a game.
No he is garbage. When uncle RICO from Napoleon dynamite calls you out for bad mechanics then you are garbage. He has no touch. Is less accurate than Litton. Consistently locks onto one receiver makes terrible decisions and throws into double/triple coverage.

I think we just take our bumps this year and call it rebuilding. The kid has great potential, but he's a RS Freshman. Now if he's doing this next year...
So we have a stacked upperclassman team and since our coaches don’t want to play a seasoned QB we should just call this rebuilding!?!? How about play a new QB???!if Thompson has a noodle of an arm give someone else a shot.. green might have talent but has horrible form as he showed that last night he doesn’t step into his throw, he throws off back foot, he runs when he shouldn’t and doesn’t we he should.. I watched several times the OL give him time last night in the pocket and he threw the ball away.. time for a switch at QB

Damn man calling a kid garbage.

He had a bad game absolutely but I think he’s going to bounce back.
He’s gotten worse as the season has progressed. Against Miami he looked decent completing close to 65% of his passes. That has dropped each week. His td to int ratio has gone the wrong direction every week. He’s thrown more picks each week than the week prior. His mechanics are terrible he locks on to one receiver. I hope he bounces back as well since doc has hitched his wagon to him, there just isn’t anything that I’ve seen to lead me to believe he will

Reactions: kdbherdon
So we have a stacked upperclassman team and since our coaches don’t want to play a seasoned QB we should just call this rebuilding!?!? How about play a new QB???!if Thompson has a noodle of an arm give someone else a shot.. green might have talent but has horrible form as he showed that last night he doesn’t step into his throw, he throws off back foot, he runs when he shouldn’t and doesn’t we he should.. I watched several times the OL give him time last night in the pocket and he threw the ball away.. time for a switch at QB

Hey Chucko, apparently Green is the best QB option we have, and that comes from the best leaks for info out of the Shewey. What else should we do? Go with AT who may play one solid game (doubtful, since he hasn't spent much time with the offense) then have his arm in a sling the following week, or stick with our best option and let the kid learn?

Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. I do recall people wanting Leftwitch off the field and to never play another down after his first few games.

I know that everyone has their opinions one way or the other... But at one point last night's second half Green was 13/32 with 1 TD and 2 INTs.

If that is our best option at QB then we are in trouble.

I would give Thomson a chance (I dont care if he plays on Saturday and only practices on Wednesday due to soreness). Green has not looked ready, and if anything has gotten worse each week and he doesnt have the arm talent to overcome his God awful mechanics.

Reactions: kdbherdon
To call a college kid “garbage” is about as low life as you can get. These are student athletes who elect come to our school for an opportunity offered to them. Do you call the regular student who gets a D on a Chemistry test “garbage”? You think he doesn’t want to succeed as a QB?
Sadly “fans” like you are all too rampant in college sports. Guys who hide behind keyboards. Sad. Why this board tolerates comments like yours also says a lot about the moderators as well. The kid played bad, get over it. Others played bad as well. Grow up.

To call a college kid “garbage” is about as low life as you can get. These are student athletes who elect come to our school for an opportunity offered to them. Do you call the regular student who gets a D on a Chemistry test “garbage”? You think he doesn’t want to succeed as a QB?
Sadly “fans” like you are all too rampant in college sports. Guys who hide behind keyboards. Sad. Why this board tolerates comments like yours also says a lot about the moderators as well. The kid played bad, get over it. Others played bad as well. Grow up.
One poster called Green trash. While I think 429 is being way too harsh I’m not going to delete his comment. This is a mesasage board. If something that minor bothers you maybe message boards aren’t the place for you because I promise Herd Haven and Herd Fans have similar themes/comments.

Reactions: Y.A.G Si Ye Nots
Green from week 1 to now regressed for one reason in my opinion, the OLine, Miami game he wasnt pressured much, EKU he was pressured more and hit, NCSU he got double that, last night first half he got another dose. That will lead to bad mechanics if he feels he can't get the protection he needs. He is young, he can learn to overcome it. That's what I'm seeing, he was feeling pressure when it wasn't there in the second half last night, hence the throw aways, tells a big story in what's wrong

Thank you, you probably saved me from getting banned from this board, as I don't know if I could have been as civil in my reply. That being said, some of you guys really need to count to 10 before you hit the post reply button.

Get over yourself. Green has not showed any significant improvement from week one to now. In fact he has regressed. I said from the beginning of camp that if green and Thompson were equal go with green simply because he is the future. Greens mechanics are terrible. His decisions to throw into coverage are baffling. His touch is nonexistent. The kid just is not ready to be a division 1 qb. He played like garbage last night. He played like garbage against nc state. He was sub par against eku. Sadly I think that’s more of a trend than a blip on the radar. I’m sorry if you can’t understand that I was talking about him as a quarterback not a person. And to your analogy of the chemistry grade. If that person was on a full ride scholarship for chemistry and did that bad in 3 out of his first four tests/classes yes I would say the same thing

herdfan429 I won’t call Green anything except not yet developed. I do not see any enthusiasm from him - he just goes through the motions IMO. He’s been here two years so he knows (or should know) the system considering Cramsey has not made the dramatic changes on our offense that many hoped to see. I believe Doc is calling the plays anyway. All that said let’s see Alex Thomson and what he can do. At least he is more mature with previous playing experience. If Geen shows no improvement next Friday against MTSU then we can be in for a long season. Again JMO.

Doc & staff took Amtrak up to The Greenbrier this morning to have a high-level meeting in the Bunker about what they should do. They will return with a consensus decision on Train 51 this evening...

Reactions: bbneutralfan
1. Anyone who calls a 20 year old garbage is actually garbage.
2. Of course he looks great at times and horrible at times... he is a FRESHMAN. That’s why Doc brought in Thomson, because no matter how much talent you’re surrounded by, it’s hard to have a special season with a FR QB. But that’s where we are, so expect more growing pains.

Green from week 1 to now regressed for one reason in my opinion, the Oline,

While I agree our offensive line was not good against EKU or NC State, they were not the issue last night.

Almost every throw was some sort of back foot lob, or a throw across his body. No zip on the ball at all and a release that is slow, combined with bad footwork, and an unwillingness to get hit all add up to incompletions/interceptions.

Green is a good arhlete, but he does not look ready to be a D-I quarterback yet.

1. Anyone who calls a 20 year old garbage is actually garbage.
2. Of course he looks great at times and horrible at times... he is a FRESHMAN. That’s why Doc brought in Thomson, because no matter how much talent you’re surrounded by, it’s hard to have a special season with a FR QB. But that’s where we are, so expect more growing pains.
He played like garbage he is not garbage. My
God how is that so hard to comprehend

He played like garbage he is not garbage. My
God how is that so hard to comprehend

So did you change your mind or were you lying not once, not twice, but three times?

It would be hard for anyone to comprehend differently when what you're denying and what you're taking offense to being accused of is exactly what you said:

he is garbage

Green is garbage

No he is garbage.

I don't care what you call him. These are D1 football players. With that comes harsh criticism from fans of their own team, even if it makes the fan look like a moron. Just don't blame others for calling you out for exactly what you said while denying you meant that even though you said it in three different posts on two different days.

Reactions: HerdFan2018
While I agree our offensive line was not good against EKU or NC State, they were not the issue last night.

Yes and no. If the O-line didn't pass protect so well, Green would have gotten sacked 20 times last night, the way he sits in the pocket holding the ball forever.

However, the O-line did little in the first half in terms of opening running lanes. You can't expect to win a football game without having the ability to establish at least some sort of running game. When people look at total running yards in our games, it ends up being a misleading stat. We seem to only be able to establish a running game in the 2nd half, and it improves as the opposing team's defense wears down.

Reactions: herdnutz
So did you change your mind or were you lying not once, not twice, but three times?

It would be hard for anyone to comprehend differently when what you're denying and what you're taking offense to being accused of is exactly what you said:

I don't care what you call him. These are D1 football players. With that comes harsh criticism from fans of their own team, even if it makes the fan look like a moron. Just don't blame others for calling you out for exactly what you said while denying you meant that even though you said it in three different posts on two different days.
I was clearly talking about his mechanics and performance throughout this thread. I’m sorry you can’t figure out context

ADVERTISEMENT