ADVERTISEMENT

GreenDuke

sistersville

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 17, 2007
Ky cant beat louisville every year but the folks i watched the game with were awful rowdy. Shucks Louisville shot good last night but ky'defense didnt help matters.Well your boy needs anger management. Third time he tripped a player. Coach K handled it pretty good. He was pissed. North Carolina is getting more mail from the NCAA.They are in big trouble and they should be. When spelling your name i made sure i used a capital D, out of respect for you. Merry Christmas.one last thing. You ever see Roger Brown play?

* That was a good game, only saw parts of the first half and most of second. Ky saw the difference between a coach that has a clue defensively and Huckleberry who is a dumb ass.
* GA definitely has a tic, lol. K did what needed to be done and I sincerely hope Allen can get things back on the rails. I have watched him in person and very up close many times at Cameron and he's maybe the most driven and competitive kid I've seen. Almost to much.
* ESPN gets more fired up for stuff like Allen's stupid stunt last night than the 24 years of academic dept wide fraud at cheater hill.
* I appreciate that, you should show me great respect. :D
* I assume you mean the former ABA player Roger Brown. Great star for the ABA Pacers. Did you know he was banned from college ball due to getting caught up in the Connie Hawkins gambling scandal in NYC in the early 60's. Not sure I saw him play, ABA games were not televised, maybe locally, so other than highlights I don't have much recollection of Brown.

Here's wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope 2017 can be a healthy year for you and your family.

* That was a good game, only saw parts of the first half and most of second. Ky saw the difference between a coach that has a clue defensively and Huckleberry who is a dumb ass.
* GA definitely has a tic, lol. K did what needed to be done and I sincerely hope Allen can get things back on the rails. I have watched him in person and very up close many times at Cameron and he's maybe the most driven and competitive kid I've seen. Almost to much.
* ESPN gets more fired up for stuff like Allen's stupid stunt last night than the 24 years of academic dept wide fraud at cheater hill.
* I assume you mean the former ABA player Roger Brown. Great star for the ABA Pacers. Did you know he was banned from college ball due to getting caught up in the Connie Hawkins gambling scandal in NYC in the early 60's. Not sure I saw him play, ABA games were not televised, maybe locally, so other than highlights I don't have much recollection of Brown.

Here's wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope 2017 can be a healthy year for you and your family.

Connie Hawkins, now there's a "flash" (name) from the past. Too bad the ABA in its prime didn't have much, if any, TV exposure. Look back at some of their scores, really high octane offenses, games like 162-154, etc., first league to have, and emphasize, the 3 point shot: remember the old Kentucky Colonels, with Louie Dampier, etc? George "Ice Man" Gervin, with the team down around Norfolk, VA. But Hawkins could have been an all time great, many who saw them all play say he was a combo of Jordan and Dr. J.

Roger and connie sued the nba and won.neither had ever done anything wrong. Browns aba team won 4 titles and he chose to stay in the nba. Brown won big games against dr j and rick berry. Many said he wss the best. I read some on him after watching him on 30/30

Connie Hawkins, now there's a "flash" (name) from the past. Too bad the ABA in its prime didn't have much, if any, TV exposure. Look back at some of their scores, really high octane offenses, games like 162-154, etc., first league to have, and emphasize, the 3 point shot: remember the old Kentucky Colonels, with Louie Dampier, etc? George "Ice Man" Gervin, with the team down around Norfolk, VA. But Hawkins could have been an all time great, many who saw them all play say he was a combo of Jordan and Dr. J.

Yeah Hawkins was widely considered the greatest of the NYC playground legends. He had a couple of decent years with the Lakers after his prime.

The ABA was full of great players and coaches. The league just struggled with some under capitalized owners, to many small media markets, and lack of tv exposure on a nationwide scale.

Reactions: oldeherd
Roger stayed in the nba.in the matchup NetWaren brown and h aaron hawkins destroyed him one game like 55 pts to 21

Yeah Hawkins was widely considered the greatest of the NYC playground legends. He had a couple of decent years with the Lakers after his prime.

The ABA was full of great players and coaches. The league just struggled with some under capitalized owners, to many small media markets, and lack of tv exposure on a nationwide scale.

Many here, GreenDuke, may not remember, or know, that one of our own all time Herd greats, was one of the "stars" for a few seasons: George Stone, who while at MU launched accurate bombs a couple of seasons at the old Field House from way beyond what would later be the 3 point line, and did so also in the ABA with the Utah Stars, I believe.

Reactions: GreenDuke
Many here, GreenDuke, may not remember, or know, that one of our own all time Herd greats, was one of the "stars" for a few seasons: George Stone, who while at MU launched accurate bombs a couple of seasons at the old Field House from way beyond what would later be the 3 point line, and did so also in the ABA with the Utah Stars, I believe.

George played 3-4 seasons in Utah and was on their title team on the early 70's. His last year with the Carolina Cougars was not so great, George's marriage was inter-racial and that was not viewed favorably in the south at that point. I played some semi-pro ball with him after he retired and he was somewhat bitter about how it ended. George was moody and stubborn and that made matters worse I'm sure. I'll say this, I played with and against a lot of terrific players and no one had more confidence that the ball was going in than Radar.

Greenduke when Hawkins and brown played against each other brown almost doubled him up in points. Brown won 1.5 million from the nba ans won 4 aba titles. Aba was more exciting

Greenduke when Hawkins and brown played against each other brown almost doubled him up in points. Brown won 1.5 million from the nba ans won 4 aba titles. Aba was more exciting

Well, think I get the gist of your post that Roger Brown was a very good player.

GREENDUKE......I know we banter a lot about the two schools in N. Carolina that wear different shades of Blue. But I will agree on your point *two. It is disappointing that Carolina "looked the other way" and permitted the Black Studies classes to keep players eligible. It even happened under Dean's watch too. And King Roy needs to keeps his lips shut.....he could be catching 'the heat" too.

HerdZilla22

GREENDUKE......I know we banter a lot about the two schools in N. Carolina that wear different shades of Blue. But I will agree on your point *two. It is disappointing that Carolina "looked the other way" and permitted the Black Studies classes to keep players eligible. It even happened under Dean's watch too. And King Roy needs to keeps his lips shut.....he could be catching 'the heat" too.

HerdZilla22

Though the fans have constantly bickered and insulted each other thru the years I felt there was great respect between both universities due to the integrity and excellence of the two institutions. There is much collaboration on the academic side within several programs and research initiatives. I can tell you with assurance that long time Duke supporters think the rivalry is forever sullied by the actions and cover ups in Chapel Hill. And the fans that like to stir it up will NEVER let it die.
Plus I feel bad for the players that had their chance at a good education compromised all for sake of a ball game. When it's all said and done the NCAA and UNC will come to an agreement that will protect Dean's legacy even if it takes bringing down the '05 and '09 banners.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT