ADVERTISEMENT

Guess what? Chicago Needs to Reopen Restaurants as Quickly as Possible-Mayor Says

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
No denying the "coincidence":

A few of things for consideration:

1. IL was among the first states to shut down. In the case of Chicago, restaurants have been closed (intermittently) since last April. There was an attempt to reopen in the summer, but they had to shut back down due to a COVID surge.

2. IL COVID test positivity rate is 6.8%. US avg 11.4%. I guess, if there was going to be a Christmas surge, it would have shown itself in Chicago by now.

3. Vaccines are getting into arms. The bride just got her 2nd shot...and it appears the most vulnerable are on their way to completing vaccination.

4. Finally, if IL had re-opened earlier, I don't see where the vote for president would have been impacted. I just don't see IL - or NY for that matter - voting for Trump no matter what. Same can be said for WV and AL voting for Biden. So I guess I don't see where reopening earlier in Chicago would have made a difference in the vote - assuming that's the point of the OP.

All politics is coincidental if you selectively believe what makes your registered political party look good.
Actually, I'm still "registered" republican....:)

However, I'm very familiar with Chicago and have good knowledge of what's gone down with restaurants in the area. Chicago is one hell of a restaurant town....and that business sector has created havoc in the city. I guarantee they want to get this back up and running ASAP. As mentioned an attempt was made this summer, and they had to shut down due to a COVID spurt. I'm sure there was concern about a Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year's COVID surge. Thankfully, that apparently didn't occur, but that info wouldn't have been clear until this week. I truly believe they're attempting to get this up and running ASAP for business reasons - not political reasons.

how dare she do that. She is sending them to an early death. She needs to tell them to return to the basement and wait on their 600 dollar check.

Reactions: mlblack16.
I truly believe they're attempting to get this up and running ASAP for business reasons - not political reasons.
source.gif

The US is expected to hit 400,000 COVID deaths today. Not so funny.

Chicago restaurants and bars were first closed before St. Patrick's day when the governor saw lines outside of bars. Unfortunately, shortly afterwards, there were more COVID hospital cases than hospital beds. The dead were stacked in refrigerator trucks. Good times.

Since then, a couple of attempts were made to reopen....had to close due to surges. Per the attached articles, restaurant open/close was and is driven by test positivity rates.

So, now there's another attempt to reopen...

Not sure what political collateral would be gained from keeping restaurants closed in Chicago. The city desperately needs the tax revenue...as well as the employment....and it's clear residents want them open. Just bad business to keep them closed.
"Illinois sees dangerous second surge of COVID-19 cases" https://www.fox32chicago.com/video/868286
"Chicago Halts Indoor Dining Once Again - Eater Chicago" https://chicago.eater.com/platform/...r-dining-ban-lake-mchenry-county-chicago-next

"Chicago Bars Closing for Indoor Service Yet Again as City Brings Back Restrictions – NBC Chicago" https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/cor...as-city-brings-back-restrictions/2357679/?amp

Last edited:
The US is expected to hit 400,000 COVID deaths today. Not so funny.
Yet it's not political open up bars/restaurants during the height of a pandemic?

You're soulless. You clearly care nothing about the safety of the helpless in Chicago.

Yet it's not political open up bars/restaurants during the height of a pandemic?

You're soulless. You clearly care nothing about the safety of the helpless in Chicago.
Glad we settled it was for business reasons. Also, lovely to witness this new, softer, progressive side of you.

Don't blame Biden. It's Trump's damn fault for caving that he lost. He could have said keep it all open the whole time. Blew it with the cave in.

Might as well go tuck tail and hide in shame, because he blew it John Cooper style.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT