ADVERTISEMENT

Hamrick Done

You also, are ahead of yourself thinking he'll stay at MU for only a top tier P5 job.
ANY P5 HC job is a promotion from the G5. Including Kansas.

I'm also stating that based on what several G5 HC's do. They start at the G5 and move up to lesser P5's, then some, move even further up the ladder.
We don’t know what’s gonna happen so pretending like you know for a fact is incorrect. Let’s hope Huff has success and go from there.

You also, are ahead of yourself thinking he'll stay at MU for only a top tier P5 job.
ANY P5 HC job is a promotion from the G5. Including Kansas.

I'm also stating that based on what several G5 HC's do. They start at the G5 and move up to lesser P5's, then some, move even further up the ladder.
All one needs to do at Kansas or Vandy is have a winning season or two and a larger school will come calling. See James Franklin. Monumental task, I know, but even if fired, will get some pretty nice guaranteed $$$$

I don't think he wanted to leave.
Its funny that a HC can actually have loyalty to "poor ole MU" and be ridiculed for it.
Door swings both ways, to be hired, you have to want to leave. I believe Doc felt he would end his coaching career here (unless an insane opportunity came up). We don't know how often he was called. He may have told them, "thanks but no thanks."
Its as though loyalty in the eyes of MU fans is a bad thing, when they think disloyalty is a good thing since they measure P5's hiring their coaches as some measurement of success and how quickly they leave.

You have to be Sam and just using an alternative account. Next time, just go with adding a period to the username.

No he didn't......Where do you all get this stuff?

You're saying that because it was reported and that alone is the only reason you're saying that.
The hell he didn't. Just because you claim some connection with John and washed his undies on Sundays doesn't mean you are the authority on all things Holliday. Had Pitt taken a serious sniff at him, he would've been gone. And if he wasn't going to interview, then that's proof he didn't have the confidence in his own abilities to get the job done in a conference with a pulse.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
The hell he didn't. Just because you claim some connection with John and washed his undies on Sundays doesn't mean you are the authority on all things Holliday. Had Pitt taken a serious sniff at him, he would've been gone. And if he wasn't going to interview, then that's proof he didn't have the confidence in his own abilities to get the job done in a conference with a pulse.

That situation goes beyond football.

No he didn't......Where do you all get this stuff?

You're saying that because it was reported and that alone is the only reason you're saying
He wanted the Pitt job bad several yrs ago and didn’t get an
You like picking fights and attacking people that don’t agree with you.
So if I respond you guys will blacklist me again. I’m not biting

You like picking fights and attacking people that don’t agree with you.
So if I respond you guys will blacklist me again. I’m not biting

No. I like to identify people that are spewing lies.

Again picking fights.

to be fair you were wrong. lying? I don't know but definitely not true.

I believe his name was mentioned by a source or two as a possible candidate, it never went anywhere and there was no serious interest. maybe Doc would have "wanted it bad" but there is no evidence he did or if Pitt was even interested enough that Doc indicated he would like the job.

to be fair you were wrong. lying? I don't know but definitely not true.

I believe his name was mentioned by a source or two as a possible candidate, it never went anywhere and there was no serious interest. maybe Doc would have "wanted it bad" but there is no evidence he did or if Pitt was even interested enough that Doc indicated he would like the job.
I heard from a coach in the business that he was asking around about the job and trying to figure out if Pitt had interest. Nothing took off on the Pitt side so it died.

Reactions: 19MU88
As someone with firsthand knowledge from multiple sources there was some support for him but far more non-support from inside and outside of the program. Especially from many that Marshall fans fawn over and would choose over an AD any day.
The BOG put countless hours in to better MU a school they love and care for just as we all do. Their job is to make decisions for the betterment of the U as a WHOLE and not just please some fans.

As someone with firsthand knowledge from multiple sources there was some support for him but far more non-support from inside and outside of the program. Especially from many that Marshall fans fawn over and would choose over an AD any day.
The BOG put countless hours in to better MU a school they love and care for just as we all do. Their job is to make decisions for the betterment of the U as a WHOLE and not just please some fans.

I’d believe posts like this if not for certain instances.

One being the push for Chris Miller to be the interim AD.

Or that President Gilbert made the decision to hire Mike into a special position without consulting the BOG…..essentially giving them the middle finger.

Reactions: GreenDuke

Or that President Gilbert made the decision to hire Mike into a special position without consulting the BOG…..essentially giving them the middle finger.

One being the “push” for Chris Miller to be the interim AD was non existent or extremely small.

Or that you have blindly followed/defended/slurped up anything Hamrick/Doc for the last decade… essentially making you too biased to be trusted to provide accurate information about their removal

One being the “push” for Chris Miller to be the interim AD was non existent or extremely small.

Or that you have blindly followed/defended/slurped up anything Hamrick/Doc for the last decade… essentially making you too biased to be trusted to provide accurate information about their removal

You stated that you haven’t been to a game since the 2016 season so that alone leads me to question your loyalty to the program.

You stated that you haven’t been to a game since the 2016 season so that alone leads me to question your loyalty to the program.
You can say I’m not loyal, but here we are 5 years later and I’m still subscribed to the main Marshall forum and watch every football/basketball/soccer game that is available…The last 3 Marshall football games I attended were 2016 vs Louisville, 2016 @ UNT, and 2016 vs UNCC. Luckily, I had a wedding to attend and didn’t watch the Akron disaster. Those pathetic performances were the cherry on top of Doc’s underachieving and I decided I wasn’t going to another Marshall football game until he was gone(never dreamed it would take so long to get rid of him). It simply wasn’t worth the financial, travel, and time investment to get pissed off watching Doc ball(obviously others agreed based on attendance). I’m staying true to that decision and attending games this fall…

And I truly don’t care what you think. You are obviously more loyal to Doc and Hamrick than you are to Marshall.

Their job is to please the governor, nothing more, nothing less.

Chris Miller being the MU AD is all you need to know how bad the decisions that group can potentially make.

Reactions: GreenDuke
You can say I’m not loyal, but here we are 5 years later and I’m still subscribed to the main Marshall forum and watch every football/basketball/soccer game that is available…The last 3 Marshall football games I attended were 2016 vs Louisville, 2016 @ UNT, and 2016 vs UNCC. Luckily, I had a wedding to attend and didn’t watch the Akron disaster. Those pathetic performances were the cherry on top of Doc’s underachieving and I decided I wasn’t going to another Marshall football game until he was gone(never dreamed it would take so long to get rid of him). It simply wasn’t worth the financial, travel, and time investment to get pissed off watching Doc ball(obviously others agreed based on attendance). I’m staying true to that decision and attending games this fall…

And I truly don’t care what you think. You are obviously more loyal to Doc and Hamrick than you are to Marshall.
I lasted a couple more years than you but in the end I stopped going too. Like you, I was true to my word and bought season tix again this year and got back the very same 50 yard line seats I gave up 4 years ago. It appears the demand over the past 4 years wasn't great.
I also have hotels and flights booked for most of the away games as well.

I lasted a couple more years than you but in the end I stopped going too. Like you, I was true to my word and bought season tix again this year and got back the very same 50 yard line seats I gave up 4 years ago. It appears the demand over the past 4 years wasn't great.
I also have hotels and flights booked for most of the away games as well.
While I at times may disagree with your stance on basketball no one would ever question your loyalty to Marshall, and certainly anyone who follows you would know you to be a man of his word!

I dont give a shit if you believe me or not. I dont post bullshit. I don’t need validation from you or anyone. I was just adding to the conversation.

Reactions: caliherd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT