ADVERTISEMENT

Has John given up?

He also said it about another new QB after the QB embraced the crash memorial/cemetery/Marshall story. I can’t recall if it was Eddie Sullivan, Cole Garvin, Willy Korn, or somebody else, but there was an article solely centered around Doc claiming the QB had “it.”

Last edited:
I believe that was Eddie. Then he put him in the Bowling Green game up there - disaster.

Birdsong was injured against Purdue. He tried to gut it out against Ohio to give Chase another week’s worth of preparation.

It didn’t work obviously.

But please, throw that guy under the bus.

I simply pointed out what turned out to be a fact, you can take that as throwing him under the bus if you want.

He also said it about another new QB after the QB embraced the crash memorial/cemetery/Marshall story. I can’t recall if it was Eddie Sullivan, Cole Garvin, Willy Korn, or somebody else, but there was an article solely centered around Doc claiming the QB had “it.”

So many forgettable names who, at one point, were touted as being the next QB savior for Marshall, yet never even saw the field or had very limited playing time.

They called us QBU because we were lucky enough to have 2 legends play in succession., Then there was what, an 11 year drought before a productive Cato came about? Stan Hill didn't continue it, he took that hit against Troy and struggled with cracked sternum the rest of the season in 04. 03 started great, silly dancing and torn ACL, out rest of the year.. No I don't count Payton due to FCS, but he was a good one as well. Other than that, what have we done to be called QBU. Talk about living in the past my friend.

They called us QBU because we were lucky enough to have 2 legends play in succession., Then there was what, an 11 year drought before a productive Cato came about? Stan Hill didn't continue it, he took that hit against Troy and struggled with cracked sternum the rest of the season in 04. 03 started great, silly dancing and torn ACL, out rest of the year.. No I don't count Payton due to FCS, but he was a good one as well. Other than that, what have we done to be called QBU. Talk about living in the past my friend.
We went through a great string of qb's. Then the last two coaches couldn't recruit one to save our lives. You don't count Peyton? Ok, we didn't have a bad qb from the late 80's until Snyder. All conference performers, good qb's all the way around. Not a bad one in the bunch. Don't count Peyton? Hell he would in the top 3 qbs of the last 15 years from Doc and Snyder.

We went through a great string of qb's. Then the last two coaches couldn't recruit one to save our lives. You don't count Peyton? Ok, we didn't have a bad qb from the late 80's until Snyder. All conference performers, good qb's all the way around. Not a bad one in the bunch. Don't count Peyton? Hell he would in the top 3 qbs of the last 15 years from Doc and Snyder.

Michael won the Walter Payton Award...."I-AA Heisman". Truly a Marshall great.

Reactions: i am herdman

I'd take Peyton over any QB we've had other than Chad and Byron. The dude was good and had moxy. We'd have just one loss this season if he was our QB now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT